Buy Nothing in September Challenge!!!

i need to join this i'm a newbie but i already bought the aveda dr,phyto11,and dpr-11 and lots of other stuff i dont intend buying anything else till next month

oh brother!!!!!!!!! I broke *hangs head in shame*
ok, well here is the thing......(here comes the excuse).....I broke my rattail comb (actually my kinks broke it), so I decided to go to sally's to buy a replacement. The shameful part is that I bought two rattail combs and a couple other things and then I came home and said, "oh what the heck, I have already failed, so why not order me some rollers" :wallbash: So I did:perplexed
Then the guilt hit:sad:but I did not return nothing:nono:
It was the darn rattail comb, thats why I went to Sally's in the first place:ohwell:
Ohwell, so Am I kicked to the curb or should I just behave myself and sit in the corner for the rest of the challenge?:look:

i need to join this i'm a newbie but i already bought the aveda dr,phyto11,and dpr-11 and lots of other stuff i dont intend buying anything else till next month

Hehehe! Welcome! The PJ'ism is hard on a newbie!!!

oh brother!!!!!!!!! I broke *hangs head in shame*
ok, well here is the thing......(here comes the excuse).....I broke my rattail comb (actually my kinks broke it), so I decided to go to sally's to buy a replacement. The shameful part is that I bought two rattail combs and a couple other things and then I came home and said, "oh what the heck, I have already failed, so why not order me some rollers" :wallbash: So I did:perplexed
Then the guilt hit:sad:but I did not return nothing:nono:
It was the darn rattail comb, thats why I went to Sally's in the first place:ohwell:
Ohwell, so Am I kicked to the curb or should I just behave myself and sit in the corner for the rest of the challenge?:look:

I'm not even gonna ask what you were doing with a rattail comb in the first place :lachen: - but the rollers? Girl! *point to corner* :lol:

I'm not even gonna ask what you were doing with a rattail comb in the first place :lachen: - but the rollers? Girl! *point to corner* :lol:
Girl, don't even ask..:sad:...I will just go ahead and sit in the corner:ohwell:

lol, i feel i have to make up for all those years of hair neglect by being a p.j:nono:

Just Kiya
Is Kiya actually your name, because mine is too I just spell it differently (Keeya), but your spelling is lovely too.

I ordred some shea butter and rhassoul clay not too long ago and it came in the mail today so I guess I should have told you like a week ago, but I didn't consider it official untill I got the package

sits in corner

Just Kiya
Is Kiya actually your name, because mine is too I just spell it differently (Keeya), but your spelling is lovely too.

I ordred some shea butter and rhassoul clay not too long ago and it came in the mail today so I guess I should have told you like a week ago, but I didn't consider it official untill I got the package

sits in corner

Just Kiya

sits in corner

Just Kiya

sits in corner

Seeeee!!! Ya'll just - ya'll a mess!! :lol: Ooooh, where'd you get the rhassoul from, though? I've been considering some - maybe. :lol:

My online name is Kiya. ;) My gov't name is close, but not quite.

I'm sorry!

But I got it from organic-creations.com. She also included a free 1oz sample of peppermint leaves (IDK what I'm going to do with them though).

I didn't even realize today was the 29th!
I missed 2 Hairveda sales during this challenge :look:

I'm going to Sally's tomorrow. Don't know what I'll buy but I'm sure I'll see something that I want.

:woot: Neither did I!! Oh, freedom!! Sweet, juicy, hairstuff buying FREEEDDDOOOMMMM!!!!!

*dashes off to find her lists*

Oddly enough, after the first week or two, I just kinda coasted through this month. I was just thinking today that I need to find a uber-rich DC, though.

Hmm, there's not too much I want - SURPRISINGLY! I saw that thread about $3 Abba con liters at Big Lots, that's about all I want to check out for now. :yep: Oh, and a Chi travel size flat iron, maybe.

So when is this torture over? Tomorrow or Wed.?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Nevermind I found my answer :woot: :woohoo2:

Last edited:
:lachen:

Whatchu buying?

I know its sad but this is my list:
  • Oyin - Frank Juice, Handmade Whipped Pudding, Burnt Sugar
  • Hairveda - Whipped Cream, Almond Glaze, Vatika Frosting
  • SheScentIt - Banana Brulee, Fortifying Hair Masque, Moisture Mist
  • JOICO Moisture Recovery Shampoo/Conditioner
    [*] Aveda Dry Remedy Shampoo/Conditioner
    [*] Aubrey Organics White Camelia Conditioner
    [*] Aphogee 2 Minute Keratin Reconstructor
    [*]Color Showers
    [*]Lacio Lacio
    [*]Jamaican Black Castor Oil
    [*]OCT

YUmmy!!! Girl, do your do!!! :lick: That sounds fabulous. I need to ChaCha myself some hair money, that's what I need to do!

Megatek
Eqyss Rehydrate Spray
Qhem Burdock Root Buttercream
Qhem Amla Pomade
Qhem Honeybush gel sample

I've actually shortened my list. I was a lot longs (one of the items included a maxiglide) but as I thought about it, I didn't really need it (not that I actually need the stuff I'm going to buy either).

I think I'm starting to run out of things I want, or becoming less interested as I settle into a regimen.

I did not chime in at anytime during the month because I didn't want to be influenced by those who "fell off the wagon" :strong:

This being the LAST day of the challenge is exhilirating!! :thewave: I can honestly say that it has helped me. I was proud of myself for using the products I already had and sticking to it.:cup: I've had great results! At the end of August I relaxed my hair and Wild Growth Oil Moisturizer was the last purchase I made. I have NEVER felt new growth a couple of weeks after relaxing. So I'm confident that this product is the reason. If I had been buying products and using them, I wouldn't have known what to attribute to the growth. Now let's see how long it lasts...

Thank You Kiya! Although I felt like I was in a 12-step program, It was very well worth it!! Being somewhat new to this board, the intervention for discipline was definitely necessary!!

Woooooo, I made it! I don't know how many times I almost bought something. When I was preparing for the hurricane, I almost bought some AVG and hair bands. I made it, I made it, I made it! I've been AWOL because of the hurricane. Had to take off from work for days and just trying to catch up. Chat with you girls later!

YAY!!! Finally, the challenge is over. I don't think I could join another challenge right now but this has been very much worth it for me. Thank you JK.

Back