Big Chops, Transitioning, and Hair Journeys

e.lauren

I’m always so envious of ladies who do their big chops and look wonderful.
I’ve been natural all my life but DAMN I wish I could BC.lol. Don’t get me wrong I love the fact that my hair is healthy and that I have no reason to do a BC .. but damn
Part of me kinda feels like I missed out on that transformative step. Its like a declaration or sorts, that I never got to do.
I mean .. idk lolol. When I decided to just take better care of my hair it was just that. Oh ish I’m going off to college lemme figure how to REALLY take care of my hair. Lol. And that was it.
No epiphany of who I really am and who I want to be , no transition, no mental change.. Nothing . lol
I feel left out :[ hmmph

*** Are there any other ladies who feel similarly?

FRESHstart101

seriously ?! if anything i envy YOU.

you went through that awkward "little fro" stage when you were a kid and
nobody was checking for you lmfaooo, i gotta go through that now at the
age of 18 the peak of ... CHECKING OUT TIME ! rotfl. i love my BC and i think
i rock it well but i need some hair on my head. my closet and waredrobe do
not mesh well with bald-headedness . so {kicks you in the butt} not another
word missy, not ANOTHER word

e.lauren

lolol. My awkward "little fro" stage was like in the 6th and 7th grade and my mom used to comb coil my hair. Kids used to call them worms =\ lol.

But seriously I think twa's look good on ALMOST everybody. I really don't think it would look good on me though, my head isn't round enough lol. My mom and all my aunts have their hair cute really short and I'm always mean mugging them for their perfect head shapes :( lol

I understand about the whole wardrobe thing. Some hairstyles just do not work with certain outfits lol.