Post your Journeys and Updates

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Okay so ladies since I joined this board I have rarely seen any updates or journeys of all hair. I have seen lots of updates on naturals which I love to see, however I love to see women who also relax, texlax, texurize or whatever. Can you ladies post what your hair was a year ago, two years ago or heck even more when you started your HHJ and what it is today. I know you are out there bc I see you posting lol. Let's see your journey who ever you are! TIA

2vcb7uc.jpg

This is the start of my hair journey it's relaxed here, baring in mind I next to never used heat and always bunned my hair (because I hated the way it looked). My hair just clearly can't deal with chemicals, relaxers made my hair change colour and my hair broke from the root. After about 2 years of weaves 80% f the realxed hair broke off. It became an unintentional transition.

b9a9ft.jpg

This was on 8th April

Last edited:
This is the start of my hair journey it's relaxed here, baring in mind I next to never used heat and always bunned my hair (because I hated the way it looked). My hair just clearly can't deal with chemicals, relaxers made my hair change colour and my hair broke from the root. After about 2 years of weaves 80% f the realxed hair broke off. It became an unintentional transition.

This was on 8th April

Thank you...wow your hair grows pretty fast huh. It is so thick even when you were relaxed. Do you have a specific regi? Beautiful ma'am.

Thank you...wow your hair grows pretty fast huh. It is so thick even when you were relaxed. Do you have a specific regi? Beautiful ma'am.

I think it does grow pretty fast, about 3/4 of an inch per month when im not stressed.
My regi has changed a lot because I've had big life changes.
Ive moved from home to university halls, to a rented university house which has made a difference. But I can mainly contribute my hair journey to very low manipulation in way of bunning.

My hair is thick and dense, always has been, it was thinner when relaxed though. Used to hate it but now enjoying it more.

If someone will tell my how to post pics from my phone I'd be happy to share :)

-When you reply after you have typed your reply you select 'attachments'
-then select from your gallery the pic you want.
-Once it downloads you select 'insert inline' I believe it says.
-Then you use the back button to return to your post after you have selected all pics you want to upload and send.
Hope I'm not making it more complicated.

If you have a Facebook account, you can view my online photo album here. I also have albums here in my profile. I started out here relaxed, August 2008, and have been natural since June, 2010.

Last edited:
HairPleezeGrow Awe, thank you! I needed to hear that, been unhappy with my retention n thin ends. I just cut back to about APL stretched, and I'm much happier now that my ends are a bit more blunt :)

Here is my updates:

Background info: I've had a decent amount of healthy hair on my head for all my life, which was taken care of by my mom and close family friend (who is a hair stylist) until my senior year of HS. When I went to college, I braided my hair up because I knew I wouldn't be able to take care of it properly. This help my hair thrive.

I became careless with heat and had a set back my junior yr of college due to improper detangling! (I was gazing BSL at that time!, set me back to SL/APL). So i went back to what i knew: Braids and sew-ins!

Pre HHJ/ After my set back: (end of 2010/ beginning of 2011)

picture.php

picture.php

My first relaxer after started my HHJ (11/2012): (I started my HHJ 6/29/2012)

picture.php

Last relaxer: (4/2013)

picture.php

-My goal for my next stretch is to focus on thickening up my strands! and maintaining the health of my hair!

Last edited:
image-1665287768.jpg

This was what my hair looked like the day I started my HHJ in Oct 2011.
You really can't tell by the pic,but my hair was so chewed up from over processing & double processing
Smh I think back now at some of my hair practices n I cring

image-3890534101.jpg

4 months into my journey

image-615276474.jpg

June 2012
I trimmed 2 inches off,I didn't want to but I'm glad I did
I didn't get the memo at the beginning of my HJ to start with a fresh trim:)

image-2524933716.jpg

March 2013
I took this on my iPad at night so it's not that clear n my hair just was not staying straight it kept making a funny bent up shape on one side.
I'm to lazy to take one from my camera lol
My hair is so much better n it's the longest it has ever been.
But more importantly its at its healthiest :)

sent from IPad using LHCF app. POW!

This was what my hair looked like the day I started my HHJ in Oct 2011.
You really can't tell by the pic,but my hair was so chewed up from over processing & double processing
Smh I think back now at some of my hair practices n I cring

4 months into my journey

June 2012
I trimmed 2 inches off,I didn't want to but I'm glad I did
I didn't get the memo at the beginning of my HJ to start with a fresh trim:)

March 2013
I took this on my iPad at night so it's not that clear n my hair just was not staying straight it kept making a funny bent up shape on one side.
I'm to lazy to take one from my camera lol
My hair is so much better n it's the longest it has ever been.
But more importantly its at its healthiest :)

sent from IPad using LHCF app. POW!

It looks so very healthy and you can definitely see the difference. Congrats on your journey!

The first pic is Sept '11(straightened natural hair) and the second is March '13(newly relaxed hair).

Attachments

• sept '11.jpg
    sept '11.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 186
  • relaxedback.jpg
    relaxedback.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 230
The first pic is Sept '11(straightened natural hair) and the second is March '13(newly relaxed hair).

Looking good! :) Did you already know you were going to relax or did you just decide to do it? How different is your hair relaxed this time versus when you were relaxed before? Thank you.

When I started my HJ

STRAIGHTENED:
x42f0p.jpg

AIR DRIED:
3585l49.jpg

My hair now

STRAIGHTENED:
98vhau.jpg

AIR DRIED:
3088v9t.jpg

Hair Journey Blog: tayshj.blogspot.com :grin:

When I started my HJ

STRAIGHTENED:

AIR DRIED:

My hair now

STRAIGHTENED:

AIR DRIED:

Hair Journey Blog: tayshj.blogspot.com :grin:

Omg I think I just fainted lol. Look at all that hair....so healthy looking too. Do you have a hard time with your hair? As far as styling and it getting caught bc of the length?

I really like this thread! I don't have time right now to go into detail but maybe I will make a thread with all my photos of my journey in the future. Since finding LHCF in 2005 I've gone from relaxed --> texlaxed --> natural --> texlaxed but less processed.

Before LHCF - 16 years old

Relaxed

LHCF educated - 17 years old

20051015_0053-vi.jpg

My first few years of college my length remained the same because I used heat regularly trying to be cute. It was still fairly healthy... but I don't have many pictures until I jumped back onto LHCF.

I cut off 4 or so inches and began transitioning to texlaxed when I was 20. For lack of time here's a photo when of my progress at 21 years old.

DSC00587-vi.jpg

Transitioned to natural at 23 or 24 years old. I cut my hair to ear length to make transitioning easier. This photo is a year after my "mini BC"

Photo5-vi.jpg

Then returned to texlaxed (photo in siggy)

Last edited:
Yes I've already posted but I'm updating. Those photos showed a long term journey. This one is over three months.
Start of march:
eg4w20.jpg

Yesterday:
4gqagp.jpg

Yes I am some crazy growth, like an inch per month. Crazy! Still amazed.

Excuse messy hair and messy university rooms!

Yes I've already posted but I'm updating. Those photos showed a long term journey. This one is over three months.
Start of march:

Yesterday:

Yes I am some crazy growth, like an inch per month. Crazy! Still amazed.

Excuse messy hair and messy university rooms!

Yes you do have some great growth. :)

Back