ACV and Relaxers

Ladykd9

I have read several threads on using acv for dandruff; however, I have relaxed hair and wanted to make sure before using the acv that it would not affect my relaxed hair. I have a good inch of new growth and currently am wearing braids, so I was going to apply acv w/q-tip or color bottle directly to the scalp. Should I dilute? and if so, how much. I was diagnosed w/dermatitis a few years ago, but want to use something more natural than the medicated shampoos. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

scorpian

Ladykd9 said:
I have read several threads on using acv for dandruff; however, I have relaxed hair and wanted to make sure before using the acv that it would not affect my relaxed hair. I have a good inch of new growth and currently am wearing braids, so I was going to apply acv w/q-tip or color bottle directly to the scalp. Should I dilute? and if so, how much. I was diagnosed w/dermatitis a few years ago, but want to use something more natural than the medicated shampoos. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

I use ACV.I am natural but I also used it when my hair was relaxed.I dilute 1 teaspoon of acv in 2 cups of water
You can pour it onto your hair after shampooing, massage it into your scalp like you would shampoo.If you are treating dandruff you can use a spray bottle to direct it onto the scalp, let it sit for five min with a plastic cap then rinse, shampoo and condition as usual
or apply the trtmt to scalp then sit under the dryer on the cool setting for up to 15 min then rinse, shampoo and cond as usual

I use it instead of shampoo sometimes.I put a few drops of Rosemary,Basil,and sage essential oils in the diluted acv then pour it over my hair after wetting my hair thoroughly with water.I massage it in like I am using a traditional shampoo. Then I rinse and cond as usual.I love doing this because after using traditional shampoo it seems like it takes a few days for my hair to "bounce back" After using the acv as shampoo my hair doesn't need that period of "bouncing back"it immediately feels soft,looks shinier,and detangling is a breeze plus there are less shed hairs in the comb

hope this helps