question about acv rinses....

pebbles

Does anyone use the acv rinses as a leave-in without using any additional conditioners after shampooing? Also, does using heat after doing an acv rinse dry out the hair? I did a search and was not able to find a definitive answer. One of our members asked me about it and I promised I would ask the question for her. Any and all responses are greatly appreciated! Thanks ladies.

sweetcocoa

I do a final rinse of one(about 3 capfuls to one quart of distilled water)..but I always use a leave in...no matter what I'm doing with my hair. I quess the leave-in buffers any dryness the heat would leave...
This is a good question...

Jade21

Pebbles,

I don't , but I think the answer is that it depends on the ACV rinse itself and your hair overall. If the rinse is very diluted say and your hair had a tendency to get dry, the heat would likely aggravate the dryness about as much as it would without the ACV rinse. The higher the proportion of ACV coupled with the heat the greater opportunity for dryness if your hair has a tendency to be dry. Entirely different reply if your hair and scalp have a tendency to be oily. Here using an ACV rinse alone would be highly beneficial.

If the person who asked you this question falls into the first category, the way to avert dryness is to add some essential oils to the ACV rinse itself if nothing else is desired.

~Jade~

Brownie

I usually rinse my hair/scalp with the ACV before I condition my hair. I do condition washes/rinses every night. After I rinse the conditoner (Suave or whatever) out,
I usually add a leave-in, S-curl/pure glycerin, and oils to my hair. I do this every night. I was wondering the other day if anyone else uses the ACV every day. So far for me, it's helped my scalp to itch less.

pebbles

Hi Brownie,

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
I usually rinse my hair/scalp with the ACV before I condition my hair. I do condition washes/rinses every night. After I rinse the conditoner (Suave or whatever) out,
I usually add a leave-in, S-curl/pure glycerin, and oils to my hair. I do this every night. I was wondering the other day if anyone else uses the ACV every day. So far for me, it's helped my scalp to itch less.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm assuming that the nightly conditioning washes is doing your hair well? I may need to start doing that for the summer because I have yet to come up with a routine for the summer. Thanks for the suggestion.

sweetcocoa

Jade21 said:

If the person who asked you this question falls into the first category, the way to avert dryness is to add some essential oils to the ACV rinse itself if nothing else is desired.
~Jade~

[/ QUOTE ]
I never thought about using adding an oil if I use it as a final rinse. Good idea. I usually do the ACV before I condition ...but every once in a while I do it after I condition. I'm always afraid it will dry my hair out when I do it last. I'll have to try this with jojoba oil.
Thanks!

Allandra

Jade21 said:
the way to avert dryness is to add some essential oils to the ACV rinse itself if nothing else is desired.

[/ QUOTE ]
I add a drop or two of lavendar in my acv rinse every once in a while (although I do my acv rinse after shampooing my hair).
I love the smell of lavendar.