90 Day Roller Setting Challenge 2009

ayoung

MID-CHALLENGE UPDATE:

I def. see a difference. This challenge has been great for my hair. I'm 8 weeks post and in the middle of flatironning in the update pics

The first pic is a wet pic (and hair appears longer when wet)--the Feb update is dry--and it is LONGER than the wet hair. :woot:

I am def. beyond happy with my progress :yep:

DH saw a diff. as soon as I flat ironed it:grin:

*so that was my heat pass for the challenge*

I will def. be sticking it out (maybe w/ some wet bunning mixed in since I am stretching) b/c I can't wait to see my results!

Last edited:

TrendySocialite

MID-CHALLENGE UPDATE:

I def. see a difference. This challenge has been great for my hair. I'm 8 weeks post and in the middle of flatironning in the update pics

The first pic is a wet pic (and hair appears longer when wet)--the Feb update is dry--and it is LONGER than the wet hair. :woot:

I am def. beyond happy with my progress :yep:

DH saw a diff. as soon as I flat ironed it:grin:

*so that was my heat pass for the challenge*

I will def. be sticking it out (maybe w/ some wet bunning mixed in since I am stretching) b/c I can't wait to see my results!

AWESOME Progress!!!!! I'm so excited for you!

TrendySocialite

I rollerset my hair on Saturday. Decided to wear it curly because I haven't worn it that way in several weeks.

Well I don't like it...LOL

I think it's this leave-in I used. I used Infusium 23 for the first time and my hair was SUPER TANGLED! It took me a lot longer to rollerset.

So I'm probably going to re-set in a few days because I really don't like the way my hair felt while setting.

ayoung

Rollerset day:

CW w/ VO5 strawberries & cream
AP 2 min for 10 mins (w/o heat)
Moisture DC 15 min (w/o heat)
Rollerset w/ LARGE rollers-- to straighten newgrowth and prepare for this weeks bunning
Not doing wet bunning but will wet & moisturize that hair that is BUNNED.

I have the urge to wear my hair down---now that my hair is doing well I want to experience it:kiss3:
But--I will NOT repeat what happened last year and ruin my progress! I will resist :grin:

ayoung

Another rollerset last night:

CW w/ Alma
Moisture DC
Rollerset (curly)

:kiss3:

Change of plans :look:
I'm gonna rollerset again Tuesday then I'm getting a sewin for my BDAY and to continue this relaxer stretch. I'll prob. be relaxing Aprilish....

Last edited:

TrendySocialite

Rollerset last night with flat twists in teh front. that was my first time doing flat twists...i can't really get it, but i got some compliments on it, so oh well!

luvmesumhair

I see that you are having some problems with the way your hair feels after a rollerset. Have you fixed the problem?

If not, why not try putting a little bit of your favorite moisturizing conditioner in a spray bottle, mixed with a little bit of your favorite oil and the rest just hot (not boiling) water. Give it a good shake to mix and you should be good to go.
I rollerset my hair on Saturday. Decided to wear it curly because I haven't worn it that way in several weeks.

Well I don't like it...LOL

I think it's this leave-in I used. I used Infusium 23 for the first time and my hair was SUPER TANGLED! It took me a lot longer to rollerset.

So I'm probably going to re-set in a few days because I really don't like the way my hair felt while setting.

TrendySocialite

I see that you are having some problems with the way your hair feels after a rollerset. Have you fixed the problem?

If not, why not try putting a little bit of your favorite moisturizing conditioner in a spray bottle, mixed with a little bit of your favorite oil and the rest just hot (not boiling) water. Give it a good shake to mix and you should be good to go.

That was the Infusium that I used that one time. I've set many times since then (without Infusium) and haven't had any problems with tangling. I have a setting lotion mix that contains conditioner, SAA and oil.

Thanks for the tips....

sqzbly1908

Still rollersetting - my "protective rollerset" is 3 large rollers placed in the back of my hair and setting with Lottabody - or if I am rollerwrapping I will use either Lacio Lacio or Lottabody - it definitely helps with stretching - my avatar was a roller wrap at 7 weeks

luvmesumhair

That was the Infusium that I used that one time. I've set many times since then (without Infusium) and haven't had any problems with tangling. I have a setting lotion mix that contains conditioner, SAA and oil.

Thanks for the tips....
You are welcome. Glad you were able to fix it!:yep:

LivingDol1

is this challenge going to start up again for the next 3 months since it just ended? if so, i'd be interested in joining. gotta keep up with my roller sets... :)

mewzickmorena

Thank you!:blush:

Lets see if I can describe it : (the front is in pulled back w/ a headband)

I do a mohawk, then clip the loose hair on each side of my hair to keep it out of the way.

I roll the mohawk back--making sure the parts are not too thick or too much hair is on the roller.

I begin rolling (like 3 turns) then pull us as if tightening the hair, roll, roll, roll--tighten.

I roll the mohawk back and the sides down.

Then--sit under my Sally's dryer. When completely dry I separate each curl and kinda massage or finger scalp to hid the parts and make it fuller.

HTH!

I bought her DVD and then tweaked it to fit what I like re: my hair. (ex. rolling the sides down instead of up)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgJs_Iqm91c
does her DVD really help? I'm a newbie and trying to move away from going to the salon and doing my own hair but rollersets seem hopeless. I've been lurking in different threads and this one seems really good and doable...if I can actually roller set. LoL

Lucie

Dancin' on sunshine!
I reset last night.

Applied diluted shampoo with applicator bottle
DC'd for an hour w/ no heat (was watching 24)
Set with setting lotion mix (water, lacio lacio, EVOO, drop of peppermint oil)
Sat under dryer for about 1.5 hours

Here are some pics...

Size rollers I used...

Hair after dried

Styled

It was supposed to be this hairstyle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7HwsCMGCvw&feature=channel_page

But I think it looks more like this (at least the front did)

Your hair looks beautiful!!!!!

does her DVD really help? I'm a newbie and trying to move away from going to the salon and doing my own hair but rollersets seem hopeless. I've been lurking in different threads and this one seems really good and doable...if I can actually roller set. LoL

Are you talking about MaCherieAmour?! If so, she is the reason I didn't find a bridge last Friday when I was attempting to rollerset. She has a method called, ROLL-ROLL-PULL that helped me tremendously. I was having problems with the duckbill clips and she mentioned the best place to put them so that they remain tight! I am the most uncordinated person out there and was able to do it. I know you can too! Good luck!

back2relaxed

Finally updated my siggy...to compare my hair now vs July you can check my fotki...I have noticed major growth this month! I am going to continue to rollerset even when the challenge is over! Its easy and it looks great. I finally set it with larger rollers this time, so it really looks like a flat ironed hairstyle! I love it! Ready for the next update.:grin: