~~6 month APL challenge - how's everyone doing?~~

Well i'm do'n good, but i can do better. As you can see i am in other challenges so i've been pooing and DC'n twice a week. I've also been staying away from heat (never been an issue to begin with) thankfully. I have to admit i have been getting lazy as far as moisturizing @ night/ wear'n my scarf :nono: . So i really need to step it up a little. I don't measure my hair, that's just to stressful. So i am currently a couple inches or more pass shoulder length. But i do believe i will make it to APL by June. Anyway i will be relaxing my hair the last week of March for another challenge, then i will be able to see actually where i'm at.

I just got a touch up and dusted the other day. To reach APL, I still have at least three more inches to go. I've been using Lenzi's Request and continue to wash/deep condition once a week, but I've been getting about 1/2" of growth almost every month (regardless of what I've been doing). I can't really complain because this is the first winter, without braids, that I"ve been able to retain length. :)

Doing okay....won't really know what kind of progress is happening until touch up in 4-5 weeks...Just trying to stay out of my hair as much as possible...keep it moisturized and conditioned.4 months to go....

Ugh, you guys! I am not doing well at all. I flat ironed my hair and it has no shape, no shine. To me, the ends look damaged and ragged. My hair is thick but it just looks bad...it's just sitting on my head, staring at me. It's getting tangled all the time and I'm just confused what to do with it.

The same thing happened the last time I was around this length (hovering right above shoulder length)...and I BC'ed. Any advice for this time? I'm trying to grow and I would love to have length by May. Help!

IvyHair said:
Ugh, you guys! I am not doing well at all. I flat ironed my hair and it has no shape, no shine. To me, the ends look damaged and ragged. My hair is thick but it just looks bad...it's just sitting on my head, staring at me. It's getting tangled all the time and I'm just confused what to do with it.

The same thing happened the last time I was around this length (hovering right above shoulder length)...and I BC'ed. Any advice for this time? I'm trying to grow and I would love to have length by May. Help!

stay away from your hair :lachen: but seriously do the hide your hair till april challenge. It seems like you need a break. Just do protective styles after doing your washing regimen.

I have no idea how my hairs doing. Ok i think. I have had this sew in since Jan 19th. Sometimes I forget to moisturize the braids underneath but I make sure to at least every few days. I've been using Boundless tresses in between the tracks when I remember to also. I'm so mad at myself because i've been slacking with my vitamins a little. I had taken them consistantly since like August and I dont know what happened. I need to get back on it though. I'm taking this sew in out next week probably so I can really see any growth.

I'm doing okay I guess. I've been moisturizing my hair daily and I got my ends clipped a few weeks ago so they're in pretty good shape. I've also been taking my vitamins daily and increasing my protein intake but I feel like I'm not doing enough. I really want to be APL by July the latest. I'm thinking about purchasing some of Naturallady's Boundless Tresses because I'd love to seen 1 inch of growth per month. I'd be the happiest person in the world my hair grows so slow

All's well in LaLa's hair land! I'm loving my hair but hiding it every day like I'm 'sposed to!

I did a retouch last week (2/10/06) cause I started with the Viviscal and wanted to track my progress. My Hubby snuck up on me and says "it's gettig long"! :D I shooed him outta the bathroom cause he's not supposed to see it neither!

I also started a no comb/brush regimen except for on hair day, moisturizing twice a day and keeping those ends tucked away.

So far, so good!

HHG Ladies!

Let's see I've been:

taking MSM every night
rinsing almost daily
wearing twists

I just cut about .5-1 inch all over though so I don't know if I'll make it :ohwell: probably wasn't going to make it anyway lol

I'll stay in the challenge and just check my length in June.

I have been taking great care of my hair, but have been preoccupied with a project I am working on and I have had a couple of health distractions.

So I have not been taking all of my vitamins consistently and I haven't really been drinking the same volume of water that I was. I am also washing every 4 days rather than every 3, because it has been so cold. (I can't wait for spring!)

Anyway, in spite of that, I think I have gained a little over an inch since my last photo. I need to update my album/siggy soon.

I think I am still on target.

Going good! I measured & my nape is 5.5 - 6 inches. I have to get to 9 inches for APL (I'm 5'9"). My ends are a little ratty. I'm holding off until I hit my goal then I will trim an inch. I think I will up the vitamins to give my hair a little boost. This seems to have worked before.

Thanks for checking in!

Update 4/6/07: I'm now at 6 - 7 inches. 2 more inches to go! I got crazy new growth after I did my 12 week stretch. I am thinking about trying Noixin.

Last edited:
Hi ladies, I forgot to update. I'm doing well, so far so good. I can't wait till winter is over, I'm tired of all these dryness.:(

How is everyone else doing? Anyone else think their at APL? I"m prayin to be there for my April Fools Challenge.

I'm being consistent but I thought my hair was a lot further along than it actually is ***sniffle***.

When it's wet, its' about APL and when it dries...where did it all go? :(

It'll get there eventually. ***Having done all to stand...stand.***

It’s going well pretty well. My hair is in braids and im currently on a 5 month stretch – 10 weeks in. its going well. I hope I will reach APL by June. WHERE IS MY MTG!!!!??!!!
I have had to rebraid the front and nape of my hair and the hair texture is really nice and definitely some growth.
On my way…

Hey Ladies! I am not sure how I am doing because my hair is braided up and will remain that way until the end of June (at least) Hopefully I will have made it to armpit by then. However, lately I have crazy dry split ends so I will do a major trim so the goal is to have healthy full armpit ends by December even if I actually make it in June. We'll see. Happy growing!

I am APL!! After my reveal, it revealed that i'm APL! LOL!
100_0336.jpg

I'm 3 inches away..dont know if I'm gonna make it by June though...better get on my BT game a little harder (even though I'm already applying it 2 times a day) :lol:

I am very discouraged.... my hair seems to be at the same lenght as in November !
My hair on the front is shorter, but my hair is healthier.
I don't know if I will hit the APL for june....

I doubt that i'm gonna make it. I had a set back in march, and my hair growth is not what i have hoped for:(

as of April '07 -

I would say that 2 more inches would put me comfortably in the APL neighborhood. My fingers are crossed for June ' 07. Getting closer.

@Wheezy - Congratulations! :wave:

I dont think I'm gonna make it by June. I am transitioning and my hair is breaking big time and yesterday I trimmed about 1.5" of damage ends.:sad:

i'm about one inch from apl in the back, so maybe l'll reach it in May. I got here much faster than I thought. Must have been a pregnancy growth spurt :)My hair is much shorter in the front. I'm hoping to reach armpit length in the front by the end of the summer. Still using the crown and glory method but I've added lenzi's request and bt to the mix. I'm also doing alot of cardio.

I'd like to join this challenge, but I'm a bit too late, as I just recently joined the forum and I'm not relaxed yet. But I would like to join in June if the challenge is still on. My guess is that I'm 2 inches past shoulder and I'm un-relaxed. So, I'm hoping that when I do relax this coming weekend, I would have grown at least 2 more inches, since I haven't relaxed since December. I naturally have slow- to normal-growing hair, so I'm going to guess that 4 months post relaxer means the standard 2 inches. We'll see...

I just started last month and I stepped up my supplement regimen:

Twinlabs Amino Fuel
MSM
Biotin
Nioxin
To-CoQ-10
Vitamin

Taking all that stuff is challenge in itself ! :lol: I got a domincan blowout like 2 1/2 weeks ago and then I washed and henna-ed my hair. So now I am hiding it. Maybe once a month I will check it.

Back