Paging everyone who's doing the 365-day challenge.

Lucia

Paging everyone who\'s doing the 365-day challenge.

Is anyone still keeping up with this? I posted my progress for this month under Hi I'm back...
Well I just wanted to know.

Re: Paging everyone who\'s doing the 365-day challenge.

When did the challenge start? I would like to join it if it's not too late.

Hi Lucia, /images/graemlins/wave.gif

I'm still keeping up with the challenge. I've gained an inch of growth since December, but I still have a long way to go. (My hair grows slowly.) I haven't been good about taking my vitamins, but I'm back on track now. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hi ladies,
Pebbles I'm glad to hear your back on track with the vitamins I'm such a vitamin junkie /images/graemlins/lick.gif, but hey it works. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ny2atl, it's never too late to start, I jumped in when people were doing this for years. Just pick an official date and do what you've always done with regards to haircare regime then every 2 months or so we post.
/images/graemlins/sekret.gif pssst...come on /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

thats rite i started my 365 day challenge on the 17th of Novemeber and absolutly cant wait for my yr to be up /images/graemlins/smile.gif altho i started at 6inches and am at 2 now i kno it was definalty for the best /images/graemlins/grin.gif but i cant post nothin till summer holiday coz i got micros at the moment

Pebbles glad to hear that u're back on the vits /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'm starting mine over on sunday... I almost forgot I was in on the first one. I think LD's hairchart will keep me more focused this time.

good luck beana on yo 365 day challenge and happy hair growin /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'm gonna get on this train too. Once I do my relaxer, I'm gonna take some pics, measure and go from there. My official date will be 1 April, 2003 and my year long goal with be 8 inches including trims.

My anniversary is August 31 so I'm more than half-way there. I've gotten my regimen down to only the products that give excellent, immediate results and I've simplified my daily hair routine so I'm handling my hair as little as possible.

I've gone from barely shoulder length to about shoulderblade length in the back (with regular trims) and that's a tremendous growth for me. I don't think my hair has EVER been this long, not even when my mother was taking care of my hair (many, many moons ago).

I hope for my length to reach top of bra strap by my anniversary date. Good luck to everybody!

I started the challenge in December right after my relaxer. I have gained about 1 1/2 inch of new growth since then. I enjoy reading about the products that other people have tried and I liike being able to help other people with their hair care needs, but the only problem I have is with the relaxer differences and the product hopping. Lye relaxers are no better than no-Lye relaxers they can be equally damaging to hair and using a new set of products every month on your hair is a deterent to hair growth and wallet growth.

Okay, I'm officially "in." /images/graemlins/smile.gif I took my first pictures the week before last after I washed my hair. My son took the pictures for me. He thought I lost my mind. He just looked at me kinda crazy and said... 'okay just take the back of your head?' /images/graemlins/grin.gif I'm EXCITED!!! Hey, so I guess my start date was 2 weeks ago then huh?

Hey 365ers! /images/graemlins/wave.gif

I've been doing well since Jan. 1 as well. I'm getting a relaxer today but I'll wait to post progress pics until I get another - maybe by early summer.

I find my hair is growing at a steady pace and I've had no major setbacks which is unprecedented for me. My hair is longer than it's ever been since I was a child. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I find that I do less with my hair as it gets longer because it's easier to put up and stuff. So for those who are at that sometimes annoying in between length - between ear and shoulder - it does get easier. My challenge now is to really nail down what works for me productwise - I have a few staples in my regime now and it's really helping me to do what I use what I know absolutely works when I've made a mistake and used something that didn't work wonders or worse, was a bad match for my hair. I'm also finding certain ingredient trends - ingredients that no matter the product brand or type always make a good match for my hair type and styling preferences. This discovery is helping me select products to rotate into my regime that are targeted to my hair's needs.

It's a very fun ongoing process and it's going well so far. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
ngaa said:
good luck beana on yo 365 day challenge and happy hair growin /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Ngaa! happy hair growing to you too and all the ladies on the board

Okay this is OT but Lucia--I see your flag and I just wanted to say sak pase!

Hey Daviine
Nap boule /images/graemlins/laugh.gif
Hey Tracy,
I finally got my order of sebastien cellophane clear I'm going to try it when I trimm.

Woo-hoo! I'm definitely jumping on the challenge's bandwagon /images/graemlins/smile.gif! I thought it was too late for me to get in on this. but here goes! i'm going to start this weekend when i wash and put my braids back in. i'll take some pictures and measure my hair and post my starting point. wish me luck! and good luck to all the ladies already involved... happy hair growin'!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Lucia Baby! /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/wave.gif

You know it's so funny you posted this! I JUST got a Sebastian application done right after my relaxer last night (in Red-ality - SOO FUNKY /images/graemlins/grin.gif) and I had been using Adore for months now pretty exclusively and I had forgotten just how good this stuff was....

The shine is really off the chain.

The Adore is still my at home color application staple because of the ease of application but I'll tell you NOTHING holds a candle to this Sebastian. The Adore is good, but on my hair the Sebastian really is just a superior product.
'
Good to see you chicita!

Just wanted to keep these threads going at least one of them that is.

Thanks for bumping it up Lucia.
smile.gif

I could say that I'm doing a 365 day challenge. Mine started in September 2000. I've been taking better care of my hair (or should I just say paying attention to my hair since then). That's when I joined my first internet hair board.

In a way, i guess ive been doing this. i put in a weave july 14, 2002 after i was so depressed about my hair (all my fault) i used to relax every 4 weeks and color atleast twice a month
blush.gif
. I took out weave sept 8, 2002. (a week after ive lurking on this board and even becoming a PJ
grin.gif
) and did an intense moisture treatment with cholestral etc. I do weaves 2 or 3 times a year cause i think it help grow my hair by me not messing with it.

In a nutshell my hair has NEVER looked better or felt better, i now stretch out my relaxers thru the use of essential oil mixtures to 12 weeks sometimes 14 if its not breaking. ive gained 6" since October 2002 and only trimmed once 1". i added a vitamin regime this march. im careful about what i put in my hair and havent colored at all (now use sebastians colorshines instead - thanks Adrienne!).

NO hairdresser comes close to the info and care on this board. so im glad i found this board everyone here is sooo great.
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

robin, <font color="red">CONGRATULATIONS!!!!</font>
clap.gif

i'm so excited for you! i too have exceeded the length my hair was when my mother took care of it. so i know how good that feels. keep on keepin on, girl! i know you will, but i just wanted to encourage you!!
smile.gif

adrienne

wassup, high priestess? that smiley is really doing the most!!
smile.gif

Hey Lucia,

I made April 1 my official start date, because I'm now seeing the newgrowth since my last touch up (March 3). [my decision to transition was actually in March]

I've also added MSM and Prenatal vitamins to my intake. Someone saw the bottle and was like, are you trying to get preggers?!
shocked.gif
No.. just wanna try it for a while to see if my hair grows as fast!

The FULL MOON is coming up on April 16, so I'll do my next trim then. I'll probably chop off a good part of my relaxed endz since I'm adding braids at the end of the month...

How's your challenge going???

August of last year was my official RE-START date (sigh) set-backs man, setbacks
laugh.gif

So August 1, 2002 has been the start of my challenge and so far so good, and I'm pleased that I finally found a hair routine and products that I like.

I'm very happy to know that everyone is still participating in the challenge. I've been away for a bit, so help me out... when is our next "updates/progress reports" due? Just making sure that I stay on top of it...

I've officially started the challenge on Mar15, 2003. I've had 1 touchup (2 days ago) and gained 1 inch (with a trim) since Jan 2003. Currently, my hair measures 10 inches from the nape line (neck) and my goal is to get to 14 inches by next June 2004. I know a lot of you tell me that I can achieve this by the end of this year, but realistically, I think that to achieve quality growth, I will give myself 1 year from March 2003. I have to keep in mind that during this challenge, my ends will be trimmed after each touch-up which will somewhat slow down the growth, but it will be worth it in the end because I will keep the hair even and eliminate spit ends before they start. I give myself 3 months to have a "healthy inch" which will be 1 year to achieve 4 inches. A healthy inch means that the hair is even and free of split ends, I don't want to just grow inches just to say I'm growing my hair.
smile.gif

happy hair growin cami and i have hope that wit te amount of tlc u're describin that u'll give yo hair, it'll definatly benefit and will thank u by showin length and health quickly

Laela, I'm keeping up with everything, oil, vit's, conditioning, trimms. BTW I gained back the 2" that I had to cut end of last year.
Peachtree, glad to see your " on the wagon" just post whenever you want to I don't want this to be a must do pressure thing I've been trying to update every 2-3 months instead of every month so it isn't obssesive.
To everyone else thanks for all the postive encouragement and for keeping the thread going.
grin.gif

I want to join also! I just had my touch up april 15th and I've gained about 2 inches, (at 13 wks) do we check in here or post elsewhere? what info do you need?

Back