Paging everyone who's doing the 365-day challenge.

I finished my challenge December 16th! My goals for 2006 are to wash often, moisturize, and have a happy, looonngggg transition!

Re: 2006 year long bun challenge with 2 days of grace!!!!

Mahalialee4 said:
Okay...the unique things about the challenge:

1. You can wear your hair in a bun, beehive, chignon, french roll or double buns or nubian knots.You may incorporate the baggie or phony bun.
2. You only take your hair down to shampoo and condition. No taking down at night ladies. You may spray and brush the edges daily if desired.
3. You may choose to alternate the ABOVE styles for variety at the time of the shampoo and conditioning AND BEST OF ALL:
4. You may check your 2006 calendar to select 2 days grace. This will allow you to let it all out for 2 special events and no more or just to measure the length. This should remove the feeling of hair claustrophobia. Knowing that you only have 2 days of grace will challenge you to select only the most important occasions to let your hair down.

My game plan: Since I use MTG: I have mixed up a dynamite leave in that incorporates the MTG, emu oil, hemp seed oil and aloe vera gel. Talking about cutting the MTG scent. Now for some of you, that are worried about any problem with the runniness, or the oiliness, it takes care of that, even using it on dry hair. Also I just added a drop of grapefruit oil. You may want to try the ylang ylang or neroli. I oil my ends with a blend of homemade oil and aloe vera gel to avoid the oily feel. For me this eliminates taking my hair down for up to a week without worrying about it drying out because it really makes the hair look shiny and sleek without feeling sticky or stiff. If you choose to shampoo every three days, this should do it for you too. I do not have to spray with water or moisturized using this. I can wear my scarf during the day or whip if off and know it is on point. I know I can get some good growth this way. I am focusing on maximizing my growth. So if you want to work out your game plan, come join the challenge. It is going to fun and successful. We can post growth attained at this time next year. Happy Holidays....bonjour
Thanks for the MTG tips that stuff reeks.
Keep updating ladies.

Re: 2006 year long bun challenge with 2 days of grace!!!!

Ok so my challenge ended Dec 05 I straitened a section of hair, nape usually the longest it was 1" BBSL pressed, now it's that length stretched but my hair overall is getting bigger and thicker, so I'm really close to my goal now of WSL, actually I'm @ WSL-4" .
Good luck to all and keep on growing. I will keep on doing good things for my hair like baggie method, moisturizing and deep conditioning steam treatments, and trims of course. Thanks for participating, I'm on to the next challenge....

Last edited:
I'm in, today is my first day
I'm also in the C&G challenge for 2 years that stared in Jan
i will updated when i can.

Update: I now make my own sulphur oil combo. Leaves the hair much softer and of course gets rid of that frightful smell altogether. the left over MTG, I add to a deep conditioner.
My hair texture is changing overtime. Hair still has all the shrinkage but when wet it has terrifc curls. When dry, it is thicker, when wrapped or roller wrapped, it is very silky. bonjour.

Great thread to bump for the new year. Many of us are already doing a 1-year challenge for 2009, and there are great tips in this thread!:lick: (I wonder if most of these older heads have thigh length hair by now:drunk:).

BUMPITY BUMP~

Back