2011 HYH (Part I) Reveal! :-D

Ms. A.Sunshine

I wore buns for this challenge. I was hoping for BSL but I'm happy with what I got. I'll probably be BSL by the end of the summer, which makes me :grin:

December 2010:

July 2011:

Thanks for this challenge @Ms_CoCo37!

Hair looks great & you def lost weight!!! Congrats to both!!!

Darenia

I wore buns for this challenge. I was hoping for BSL but I'm happy with what I got. I'll probably be BSL by the end of the summer, which makes me :grin:

December 2010:

July 2011:

Thanks for this challenge @Ms_CoCo37!

Wow! Is that really you in both pics? Such amazing progres in just 6 months. You have inspired me for both my hair and my weight. Keep up the good work!

LilMissSunshine5

Hey ladies. I will post my pics although I don't know how useful/inspirational they'll be since I BC'ed a month ago and didn't flatiron my hair before to show my progress :nono: I should've just waited a month to BC, but I couldn't take those relaxed ends for one more day. I have a few pics where I airdried & pulled my hair, but they aren't the same angle :lachen: Ah well, now I can do it right in the 2nd half of the challenge :lol: BTW, how do I add pics into the message instead of as an attachment? TIA

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
CONGRATS TO EVERYONE. You make my growth look like peanuts.

The below is the best pics I have and I'm not due for a TU just yet and I'm not using direct heat so...here's what I'm working with as of May 2011. Hopefully I've gained a little more since the May pic. :spinning:

Divafied3

1st one is in Jan....Sorry for the bad shot I had my brother do it. :lol:
The next one is in Feb....Again my mother did this one. :yep:
The last 3 I did and they are from the 30th

Attachments

• IMAG0171[1].jpg
    IMAG0171[1].jpg
    294.3 KB · Views: 92
  • IMAG0182.jpg
    IMAG0182.jpg
    480.6 KB · Views: 85
  • IMAG0355.jpg
    IMAG0355.jpg
    290.6 KB · Views: 82
  • IMAG0357.jpg
    IMAG0357.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 82
  • IMAG0358.jpg
    IMAG0358.jpg
    397.9 KB · Views: 74

Drtondalia

Hi Ladies! So here are my results.

Starter Pics

Reveal Pics

I'm happy with my progress:yep::yep:. I didn't get it a straight as I had hoped to on my own due to humidity, but I didn't want to risk going to my hair dresser and getting a "mandatory trim". I do have some pieces that are longer than other and I guess I could use a light trim just to even things up.

I used half wigs and lace front wigs (with about an inch of my own hair out in the front) with my hair braided underneath. I DC'd over the braids once a week and washed my hair once a month using Wen or Aubrey Organics Honey Suckle Rose. I also took Nioxin vitamins every day for the last seven weeks.

I'm definitely in for the next round.

brg240

i love 'adventure time...'

!!!

yay for progress pictures!

I've only seen the show once or twice, omg it's so weird. :lol: but when i saw that i was like dang that gif's perfect for hyh challenge.

I am lovin' everyone's growth. congrats ladies :trophy:

Drtondalia

Here's a few more:
Flat ironed with heat tamer using the chase method. No other product.

Last edited:

Rossy2010

Here's a few more:
Flat ironed with heat tamer using the chase method. No other product.

Fantastic growth retention and thickness. Why were you not in the SL Challenge? you should join us on our way to full SL and the APL. keep up the good work. Im so envious :)

Curly Luul

Wow All I can seriously say is

Well Done Ladies All Of your reveal's are beautiful!!
the growth that i have seen is amazing
congrats and well done 2 you all!!
hard work really does pay off

Ijanei

I feel happy for everyone. We all gained something this challenge and everyone's hair looks great. See you in the 2nd part of this challenge!!

Etherealsmile

Hi Ladies! So here are my results.

Starter Pics

Reveal Pics

I'm happy with my progress:yep::yep:. I didn't get it a straight as I had hoped to on my own due to humidity, but I didn't want to risk going to my hair dresser and getting a "mandatory trim". I do have some pieces that are longer than other and I guess I could use a light trim just to even things up.

I used half wigs and lace front wigs (with about an inch of my own hair out in the front) with my hair braided underneath. I DC'd over the braids once a week and washed my hair once a month using Wen or Aubrey Organics Honey Suckle Rose. I also took Nioxin vitamins every day for the last seven weeks.

I'm definitely in for the next round.

awww i can't see your pics:sad: but congrats on your progress nonetheless:yep:

Janet'

I will be straightening my hair this coming Thursday--

:congrats: to all those in the challenge!!!

Excellent growth!!!

reeko43

I haven't posted frequently in the HYH thread but I have been following the rules. Unfortunately, my hair is quite shrunken, 11 months post and 90+ degree weather. I really don't want to put heat on my hair so I am just stretching it out. At the beginning of the challenge I was between number 2 and 3, now I am just about at 5.

January

End of Challenge

beauti

FINALLY took those braids out! i'm 9months post relaxer in my after pics and had a hard time straightening :afro: below is my progress!!!

BEFORE:

AFTER:

BEFORE:

AFTER:

see you all in the july challenge!! :yep: