2010 HYH Challenge Reveal!...Come on in! :-)

Ms_CoCo37

March 2010

July 2010

December 2010.... Relaxed @ 7 months post

What ever you're doing, it's definitely working for you! At this rate, you'll be at WL in no time.:yep: Are you happy with your results?

ms.tatiana

I'm very happy with my progress (braids have helped a lot too). I made it to APL from March to Novemeber, now trying to get to BSL.

March

May

November

Final check on streched hair

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
I got grown and posted my reveal early in the actual challenge thread so here it goes again! :grin: I bunned 99.9% of the time and wore a wig once or twice.

Pics:
Jun - hair freshly relaxed in a bantu knot out style.
Sep - length check tracking progress during a 16 week stretch.
Dec - My reveal photo is 8 weeks post hair. Hopefully I have a little more length than that when I actually TU. I'm ~11 weeks post now and due for a TU next week although I won't be flat ironing for a length check until another 6 months.

Overall I think I gained some length and thickness, had some setbacks with breakage but having a lot of hair helps hide all that.

Alright ladies! Here's goes.....
I'm 8 weeks post.

This piki strip tracked my HYH progress. I know these 3 photos are not with the same shirt, hair style and from the exact same angle, etc but you can see some growth over time throughout the HYH challenge. The piki strip for Dec 2010 is my reveal pic and will be used as my beginning pics for HYH 2011.

Here's the actual, larger photo.

ms.tatiana

Love you hair :grin: :grin: :grin:

I got grown and posted my reveal early in the actual challenge thread so here it goes again! :grin: I bunned 99.9% of the time and wore a wig once or twice.

Pics:
Jun - hair freshly relaxed in a bantu knot out style.
Sep - length check tracking progress during a 16 week stretch.
Dec - My reveal photo is 8 weeks post hair. Hopefully I have a little more length than that when I actually TU. I'm ~11 weeks post now and due for a TU next week although I won't be flat ironing for a length check until another 6 months.

Overall I think I gained some length and thickness, had some setbacks with breakage but having a lot of hair helps hide all that.

Leesh

Wait, I'm so mad the posts ended, I'm so hyped right now, Boy, I wish I joined this one! Come on yall, I am so stalking this thread! Get em poppin', Every reveal I've seen thus far is so inspiring! :lick::lick::lick::lick::lick::lick::lick::lick:

jahzyira

What ever you're doing, it's definitely working for you! At this rate, you'll be at WL in no time.:yep: Are you happy with your results?

Oh yes!:grin::yep: Im definitely more than happy. This is the first time ive experienced real progress in my Healthy Hair Journey. It was so hard putting my hair away and forgetting about it...My dream is to reach waistlength by the summer.

What did you do to contribute to such great growth?

Ive just been wearing wigs and baggying 24/7 with a combination of moisture, protein, and a ton ceramides. I also stretch my relaxers for 6 months or more... I wanna to trim so bad, im loving your ends:lick:

Janet'

Ladies,

Here are my pics! Sorry so late!!!!

The first two are from July and the last three are from tonight...I'm not MBL yet, but I'm still satisfied with my growth throughout the year...Thanks for looking ladies!

Attachments

• July Length Check 004.JPG
    July Length Check 004.JPG
    217.2 KB · Views: 138
  • July Length Check 001.JPG
    July Length Check 001.JPG
    358 KB · Views: 138
  • Dec Length Check 012.JPG
    Dec Length Check 012.JPG
    457.2 KB · Views: 130
  • Dec Length Check 015.JPG
    Dec Length Check 015.JPG
    431.8 KB · Views: 139
  • Dec Length Check 010.JPG
    Dec Length Check 010.JPG
    364.2 KB · Views: 137

ms.blue

Ladies,

The first two are from July and the last three are from tonight...I'm not MBL yet, but I'm still satisfied with my growth throughout the year...Thanks for looking ladies!

Wonderful progress Janet'! I was waiting for your reveal also you are so close to full mbl.

Krystle~Hime

Ladies,

very great!!!!

Ms_CoCo37

Ladies,

You definitely made progress ma'am!:yep: I can see that some of your hair has reached past the bottom of your brastrap. I think another month or two will put you at full MBL.

BTW, your color is so pretty!

Dee Raven

Great job, everyone!! We made it through the 6 months.:yay:

Conclusions: I am really happy with my hair growth for the period. I got my 3 inches and hit WSL.

Results: I have two sets of photos,

*Stretched hair photos: 1. taken 6/30/10,
2. taken 12/26/10

*Straightened hair photos: 3. taken 8/5/10 (photo originally used for challenge)
4. taken 12/28/10

Attachments

• late june stretched.jpg
    late june stretched.jpg
    317.6 KB · Views: 135
  • dec 2010 update.jpg
    dec 2010 update.jpg
    308.6 KB · Views: 129
  • aug 5 update.jpg
    aug 5 update.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 137
  • dec 2010 straight.jpg
    dec 2010 straight.jpg
    333.6 KB · Views: 140

ms.blue

Conclusions: I am really happy with my hair growth for the period. I got my 3 inches and hit WSL.

2. taken 12/26/10

*Straightened hair photos: 3. taken 8/5/10 (photo originally used for challenge)
4. taken 12/28/10

Congrats Dee Raven on the amazing growth and making to wsl.

Janet'

:yep: :yep: and that's what I'm waiting to claim!

You definitely made progress ma'am!:yep: I can see that some of your hair has reached past the bottom of your brastrap. I think another month or two will put you at full MBL.

BTW, your color is so pretty!

casey3035

2. taken 12/26/10

4. taken 12/28/10
Wow-so another person who seems to have went from MBL to WL in 4 months! I mean the straightened hair photos are from Aug- to Dec-is that corrrect? The curley hair photos are 6 months apart-so I am a little confused(don't judge me) Your hair is so beautiful! Did you do protective styles? What contributed to you retaining all this length! WOW!

godzchildtoo

Ok, I really did participate in this challenge and was excited to post my pictures, but for some reason the upload keeps failing. :(

I think I finally figured out adding pictures. My hair is by no means long, but it is approaching shoulder length(?) and it definitely grew. I showed the front so you can really see how much it's grown, it was much shorter when I started. And I had little sprouts at the top, so you can see that it's improving from that top shot. Sad to say it rained the day I got it blown out and I had to get it curled/bumped vs. straight. But, it's progress and I'm thankful. I'll be able to use that darn length check shirt soon. Oh and disregard all the different lengths and colors...I'm working on that next!

Attachments

• CIMG0301.JPG
    CIMG0301.JPG
    186.5 KB · Views: 46
  • CIMG0309.JPG
    CIMG0309.JPG
    151.2 KB · Views: 38
  • CIMG0311.JPG
    CIMG0311.JPG
    177.1 KB · Views: 38
  • CIMG0312.JPG
    CIMG0312.JPG
    164.7 KB · Views: 38
  • CIMG0319.JPG
    CIMG0319.JPG
    249.6 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

Curly Luul

Ladies you all had beautiful hair before the challenge but the progress you have all made is outstanding!! you all have beautiful healthy hair. Thank u for sharing. xxx

LilMissSunshine5

All you ladies are so inspirational! Everyone made progress, no matter if it wasn't as spectacular as what you planned for yourself :grin: Everybody moved forward in their healthy hair journey so :congrats: :clap::trampolin :woot::happydance: I almost feel near tears because you ladies worked so hard at achieving your goals and succeeded! Divachyk, NJoy, MsCoco, Janet`, & Dee Raven, I need all of your reggies ASAP because yall's hair put all of us "regular growers" to shame :yep:

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Congrats-I knew you made it! Did you straighten it yourself?

Thanks, and girl, yes. I flat ironed myself. :yep:

All you ladies are so inspirational! Everyone made progress, no matter if it wasn't as spectacular as what you planned for yourself :grin: Everybody moved forward in their healthy hair journey so :congrats: :clap::trampolin :woot::happydance: I almost feel near tears because you ladies worked so hard at achieving your goals and succeeded! Divachyk, NJoy, MsCoco, Janet`, & Dee Raven, I need all of your reggies ASAP because yall's hair put all of us "regular growers" to shame :yep:

Thanks. My reggie's in my lhfc blog, mama.

glamazon386

I didn't make as much progress as I wanted this year. I cut some hair off in September due to SSKs. I don't know how much I cut I just kept cutting until all the knots were gone. I plan to wear a weave for the next 6 months to see if I can get to APL.

1st Pic - Nov 2009 | 2nd Pic - July 2010 | 3rd Pic - December 2010

Twist Outs done on Blowdried Hair

1st Pic - Dec 2009 | 2nd Pic - Nov 2010

Last edited:

dr.j

Wow! Great progress everyone!

Here are my pictures. I'm transitioning and at the beginning of the challenge I wasn't using heat (no length check) so these pictures are comparing NG. First picture is from July and second is from December.

casey3035

Wow! Great progress everyone!

Here are my pictures. I'm transitioning and at the beginning of the challenge I wasn't using heat (no length check) so these pictures are comparing NG. First picture is from July and second is from December.

You're making some serious progress! How long you plan to transition before doing the chop?

dr.j

@ casey3035 - Awww thanks! Definitely 24 months but may try to extend it to 36 months....