Waistlength by 2008 Challenge

Cooyah

hi ladies, i searched through the posts and I didn't see this challenge and wanted to start it for us striving for waistlength by anytime in 2008, for me it will be 27 Jan 2008 as a birthday present to myself. Anyone interested just check in. HHG

Cia

Last edited:

MiWay

I'll join you! I really hope to be there by late 2007. Any "requirements" for this challenge?

Cooyah

no requirements other than doing your best to keep your hair as healthy as possible and not stressing about it and TO SMILE :D

naptrl

Dr. Naptrl :)
Sure, Why not?!! I'm in.. I hope to be at brastrap-pressed by April 2006, so I think I could make it to waist in another 2 years.

Neroli

Count me in! I reach brastrap last fall and am going for waistlength by participating in the crown and glory method. As of 12/27/05, I am sporting individual braids and intend to keep them in for at least 6 months to one year before relaxing again to check growth . . .

vikkisecret

Nubian Girl
LoL its a stretch for me but I'll try my hand at it. I am aiming for APL in June and then the end of the year at brastrap....anything beyond that point should be fair game....good luck ladies...hehe

Mitre

sure I would like to join in I hope to be at bra-strap by the end of this year. I figure it would take me 2 years to get from bra stap to waist length

ChoKitty

Ooooh. I'm in. I got my hair relaxed yesterday, (First time professionally relaxed in...YEARS. And, I'm very happy. First time a stylist hasn't burned my head.) and I'm SO close to brastrap. -Happy dance- I'm going to make it. ^^ My plan it to slowly start shifting to using one line of products, since, they are made to compliment each other. I'm thinking Mizani, since that is the relaxer my stylist decided to use.

planodiva

YamisGirl said:
Ooooh. I'm in. I got my hair relaxed yesterday, (First time professionally relaxed in...YEARS. And, I'm very happy. First time a stylist hasn't burned my head.) and I'm SO close to brastrap. -Happy dance- I'm going to make it. ^^ My plan it to slowly start shifting to using one line of products, since, they are made to compliment each other. I'm thinking Mizani, since that is the relaxer my stylist decided to use.

Okay I love Mizani products and I swear the line is the reason I have had such tremendous growth over the past two years.

I want to be down with this challenge. But my hair is barely past shoulder length and my 2007 goal is past shoulder blade. It seems like a miracle I've made it this far so I can shoot for the moon (waistlenght 2008) and if I land on a star I suppose that is good too. I'm in!!!

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
I'm in too! I don't know if i will actually make it but, why not try!?

Last edited:

An_Original_Copy

I'm in too!! I think I'll be BSL by July, but I know I can realistically be close to waist length by 2008. I'm doing a vitamin, water, and organic foods challenge to get my hair goals.

Phoenix

Okay, I'll join. I'm a couple of inches from armpit, so maaaaaaaaybe I can reach waist length in 2008.

Cooyah

vikkisecret said:
LoL its a stretch for me but I'll try my hand at it. I am aiming for APL in June and then the end of the year at brastrap....anything beyond that point should be fair game....good luck ladies...hehe

my hair hasn't reached shoulder length yet (i'm pushing for may 2006) but i believe if we are as healthy as possible and take the best care of our hair that we now know how to, WE CAN DO IT, aim high girl and claim your blessings

Cooyah

OK so far we have:

CiaJcanBabi
msbrown76
naptrl
Neroli
vikkisecret
Tamika
YamisGirl
CurliDiva
planodiva
nubianqt86
An_Original_Copy
Phoenix

We can check in on each other from time to time and post regimes. I am going to open up a Yahoo account so we can post pics and regimes on their and add all that information to this post. Happy Happy Hair Growing Lovely Ladies!!!!

Hmmm......I wonder if I'm being too hopeful and need to modify my waist length challenge to 2008.

Is it typical/possible to go from brastrap to waistlength within a year with average hair growth?

Cooyah

MissCapricornCutie said:

Hmmm......I wonder if I'm being too hopeful and need to modify my waist length challenge to 2008.

Is it typical/possible to go from brastrap to waistlength within a year with average hair growth?

you can do it!!!!! kepp taking good care of your hair

*ElleB

I'm in....I'm trying to be BSL by next fall....So I think I can make it to waistlenghth by then... :) I love challenges...

Cooyah

misspriss said:
I'm IN!!! This is my goal anyway! Do I need to sign up for this Yahoo group?

no need to sign up, just sign in like it was a regular email account and you can add your photos in the Yahoo Photos section

GlamourGirl

Hello everyone! I'm new to LHCF and I would love to be apart of this challenge. Waistlength hair has always been a goal of mine!! I'm excited!:grin:

SweetCaramel1

count me in on this! i think i can make it!

Cooyah said:
OK so far we have:

CiaJcanBabi
msbrown76
naptrl
Neroli
vikkisecret
Tamika
YamisGirl
CurliDiva
planodiva
nubianqt86
An_Original_Copy
Phoenix

We can check in on each other from time to time and post regimes. I am going to open up a Yahoo account so we can post pics and regimes on their and add all that information to this post. Happy Happy Hair Growing Lovely Ladies!!!!

testimony777

Why not...you can count me in as well. I am at BSL (stretched) now so if waist length is possible for me it should certanly happen by 2008.

Suri

I think I can do this challenge. But I did some calculations and I would have to gain 1 inch a month without cutting non-stop until March 2008 :lol: ..well here's to HHG. GL