Waistlength by 2007 challenge- UPDATE AND SUPPORT

meia

hey eveyone!

i created this thread in the hopes that any of the members of the board could come here and have a free forum for support for the challenge. Any question, problemm or anything...this is just a thread of support and also to keep the challenge current fresh and updated so everyone wont have to post on the original thread and thumb through 20+ pages lol...

you know im just tryin to make it easier for yall to keep up and stay focused..

soooo...
if anyone has any questions, comments, words of encouragement, or needs any help on here..this is the place to come to for specific support!

CANT WAIT TILL WE HIT WAISTLENGTH!
-meia

meia

ohhh and i figured that i start this thread out a bit so i guess as a guideline for those who are participating..

my name is meia, im 19 and currently am attempting go COMPLETELY natural lol..i want to hit right above waistlength and so i figured in some places i have 6-8 more inches growth before i cover my breasts and im right above waist- 6 inches for the longest parts and 8 inches for the shorter parts of my damn hair cos stylists over the years have !#!#@$@$# my hair up lol cutting it in all different sizes..

i dont necessarily have to hit waist length lol but somewhere within the 24-28 in. area. im shooting to hit 2 more inches up by the end of this year if im lucky..i want to even out my hair and then i want to cut it into a U shape when i get close to my desired length..

REGIME:
my current regime is to oil it up really good with hollywood beauty olive oil, with regular hot oil treatments- suave oil treatments and jojoba-my favorites, scalp massages, and generally trying to keep as gentle as possible..

i found out i can bypass heat really good by picking out the roots and then brushing straight and braiding it up every night. once im done i saturate it with olive oil, rub the roots and the ends and wrap. weekly i aim to cut off any small splits with scissors to make sure thats not messing up my hair.

as of right now im retaining an inch+ roots which took months to get from growing out the perm and so far its WORKING SO NICELY! my roots are growing in fast as anything. i kinda quit on the mtg cos it STANK! lol but i might start up again! Im curently using natural combs- wood and transitioning to wood picks..its really helping my hair from being ripped out by cheapy combs!

Whats everyones regime looking like? feel free to add on!!
-<3meia

lisajames96

ok, this is my regimen:
I am relaxed.
Constants: CO wash 1x week, acv wash 2x month, coconut oil on ends nightly, no heat, relax every 12-16 weeks.
During 1st and 2nd month post relaxer: wash, add leave ins/oils to wet hair and comb in the shower. I pull hair back into wrapped bun, pin and cover with bonnet. I just wear it how i feel in the mornings.

During 3rd or 4th month post relaxer: wash hair. Before it starts to dry, I add scurl to my roots and comb/detangle hair. Add oils, pull back into wrapped bun and cover with my bonnet. If it still looks ok in the morning I leave the bun alone. If not I re wrap it, or atempt to wear a different updo.

In between that regimen is my product junki habit of trying new things, but I stick with the above for the most part. I have seen growth since I joined the boards.

Last edited:

meia

heyy lisajames!! nice regimen! looks like it will definitely be effective.. the acv will help to clarify the scalp from the co wash and oils!

hahaha and as far as the product junk habit? ohh hell nooo girl..im the same as you! hahahaha!! ive just gotten on the damn dominican hair products bandwagon..lol..and it works so good on my hair and it smells like fresh fruit too back in the days when i lived in the bronx lol!

anddd im so glad youve seen growth..ive started another challenge on this board- the maximum growth challenge to really up my hair care..i hope it works girlll!! lol

thanks for posting on this board!! you know were here for you!!
<3meia

Victorian

old head
Hello fellow waistlength-chasing ladies!!

I'm BlackCardinal. I'm 21 (22 in about 2 months :grin: ), and I'm trying to grow waistlength natural hair by January 2007 :yep:
I have my current regimen on the front page of my regimen/products album (see profile for link).

Basically I'm washing frequently, trying to keep my hair detangled without manipulating it too much, and otherwise leaving it alone. I'm taking a multi and 1g flaxseed oil daily (NatureMade brand). My daily styles are variations of the wash n go.

I'm also trying to exercise and drink lots of water for general health, which will aid in growing healthy hair :yep:

meia

heyyy black cardinal!

Im SO glad to see you posting!! :):)...i definitely have the same goal as you! I want to have waist length (or somewhere around there lol) natural hair by 07!! lol I went to your page! you have BEAUTIFUL hair and I noticed lol you love natural products too!! i wanted to use J/A/S/O/N products but some of the items in there I think arent going to work for my hair because I checked out the ingredients..

yeah thats definitely key- keeping hair detangled, clean, and not playing with it too much! my daily styles consist of wash and gos too but im currently just combing it through, oiling it well and putting it in a bun..

I REALLY WISH i was motivated to get on a good diet plan hahaha but im trying i got my weight loss goal straight! lol

thanks again for posting!
meia

lisajames96

BlackCardinal said:
Hello fellow waistlength-chasing ladies!!

I'm BlackCardinal. I'm 21 (22 in about 2 months :grin: ),

19, now 21...i guess i am the old one up in here. Where are all my older ladies at!...haha...just kidding HHG ladies. Meia, those dominican products are gonna get me soon enough. I have been fighting my urge for a while now...I'm broke most of the time, so that helps!
-lisa:cool:

Cichelle

I'm an older one. ;)

Things are going well. My regimen currently consists of frequent cowashing with as little manipulation as possible. I have given up combs and brushes. I only fingercomb in the shower with conditioner and the flow of the water to assist me. Right now I am on a three-month baggie challenge, so my ends are constantly moisturized. At night I am going to start wearing a plastic cap with conditioner/oils in my hair. I only use products without parabens, cones, sls, etc. I use an ACV rinse to balance PH and bind the cuticle. I will be starting to use baking soda to clarify. I am about to experiment with mixing aloe vera gel with jojoba oil as a leave in. I am hoping I like it so that I can use that as my primary leave-in.

I am currently taking one tablespoon of flax oil a day, which is about 14g, according to the back label. I drink 2 quarts of water per day. I also drink 4 ounces of carrot juice daily. I have never had a lot of protein in my diet, so I am currently trying to increase that. I take a multivitamin, b-complex and calcium. Most of this stuff is for my over all health, which should show in my hair as well. My skin has improved dramatically. I currently get about 75 mg of silica from the water I drink. But I am going to start drinking a different type of water next week, and I don't know if I will take silica supplements to replace that.

My exercise has fallen off somewhat, and I plan on getting back to that next week when my daughter goes back to school. I had been walking 18-35 miles per week for a while. I think I'll combine walking with step aerobics and yoga.

Hmmm...guess that's all for now. Thanks for starting this thread and HHG, everyone!

meia

lisa- hahaha im ABOUT to be 20..lol at the end of this month anyway..lol
oh yeaaa girl..those dominican products are good as anything..lol i found the miss key's the other day on my way to class lol..its soooo good...and they are 6 dollars and under in my area lol.. and being broke? mmmhmmm im broke too lol..so broke its depressing hahaha:lol:but it DOES keep you out of trouble! lol

cichelle- ive noticed a lot of women on here decided little
manipulation is the key to success..i think im going to start
co wash..i wanted to but for some reason i dont like the texture
maybe i should just wash it out more throughly..lol

hmmm thats a good idea to fingercomb..i think im personally obsessed
with touching my hair hahaha..that baggie idea sounds like a good idea
cos it sounds like your hair gets saturated with oils very well..

btw..lol your health and excercise regime is something I WISH i could
live up too hahaha..you sound like youre soooo healthy and im entirely
jealous..lol but im trying im trying! hehehe you giving me something to live
up to hahaha..im about to go outside for a walk lol!

thank you ladies for posting!!
meia

atl_mulattamami

Ok well here's my info:

I am a 100% NATURAL 3b/c
::REGIMINE::
*night time*
1)Shampoo with Pantene R&N Shampoo
2)Saturate hair with Pantene R&N Conditioner
3)Cover hair with plastic conditioning cap and towel
*go to sleep*
*morning*
4)Rinse out conditioner with lukewarm water
5)Spray in Pantene R&N Wrap & Set Lotion all over hair
6)Apply Pantene R&N Oil Cream Moisturizer to ends of hair
7)Apply a little bit of jojoba oil mix to ends of hair (to seal in moisture)
8)Put in a small amount of Fantasia IC styling gel for definition
*ONCE A WEEK*
1)ACV Rinse
2)Follow with the rest of the routine

Last edited:

CarLiTa

hey! good to see u all on here, posting regimens... guess what? I'm 17! i turned 17 in July, lol, so i'm probably the youngest one on this challenge.

I created this insanely DETAILED regimen... just begun using it... here goes:

*Monday:take hair down, put Elasta QP mango butter on ends, ORS olive oil on hair shaft. Put hair in a bun or up in claip. Tie down at night.
*Tuesday: same as monday
*Wednesday: morning (same as monday)
afternoon: wet hair, put Suave conditioner on hair and scalp, wear plastic cap. Rinse out after 20 minutes. Put Rusk Smoother, ORS olive oil on shaft, detangle hair, Mango butter on ends. Air dry straight or in a bun. I might oil my scalp that day too... with probably Jojoba oil or avocado oil or something. Tie down with sik scarf.

*Thurday: same as monday
*Friday: same as Monday; overnight pre-poo with Castor oil or Evoo (once every 4 weeks)
*Saturday: pre-poo with evoo for 30 mintues. Wash hair with Rusk Moist shampoo. Condition with Suave Humectant. Light protein with Nutress.
Leave in: Nexxus Headress
Air-dry: ORS olive oil, other essential oil...loose hair, mango butter on ends
Tie down with silk scarf at night.
*Sunday: same as Monday (probably oil scalp with some essential oil too)

-Clarify every 3 weeks and Porosity control
-Deep condition (Queen Helene's cholesterol) weekly from weeks 6-12 or 16 - I would eliminate the Suave Humectant part.
-Aphogee treatment for damaged hair every 6 weeks...

-----------------
The regimen is quite insane... but still kinda simple when you don't look at all the words :look:
-I started the BUN part of my challenge... although i wore my hair down for a while today (bad Carlita, bad!!) but i can't find the Elasta QP mango butter anywhere! so i've been putting ORS olive oil on my ends, but I NEED the mango butter...

*any ladies in North Miami/NOrth Miami Beach know where I could find it for sure??? i went to 3 BSS and nothing... :perplexed

---------
what do you guys think? am i taking it too far??? lol... i had this set out from now till December for my Bun/no heat/no trim/no dust CHALLENGE. I trimmed before i signed online though, lol... but i wont for another four months, i promise :)

atl_mulattamami

CarLiTa said:
hey! good to see u all on here, posting regimens... guess what? I'm 17! i turned 17 in July, lol, so i'm probably the youngest one on this challenge.

lol no girl i am...i dont turn 17 for another month!

CarLiTa

oooh lol i forgot to add:

-I do physical activity 5 days a week due to band practice, about 2 hours a day... and that ends the first week of November.
-Next week, i'm going to pull out my dance aerobics tape and do that, and try to do yoga again twice a week because my body is very tense... and i'm trying to get some leg and stomach muscles
-i drink about 6 glasses of water a day, sometimes more, and i have an Ensure or Boost High protein drink usually during breakfast or lunch, but i've been having those for years... i love fruits so i have those all the time, and i love nuts too... it's a good thing they're healthy.
-I take a multivitamin, one that's made by Walgreens but is a replica of Centrum. I might take some Vitamin C from time to time...

but all i just listed here isn't for HAIR GROWTH, it's just stuff that I enjoy doing and LUCKILY they're good for hair too ;)

CarLiTa

woah cookie! nice to meet you! a lhcf member who's basically my age! how great! glad to meet you, lol, and to have u on this challenge with me... wow we're doing big things so young :D

jaded_faerie

I am relaxed
::REGIMINE::
1)Shampoo with nexxus therapee and humectress once a week
2)deep condition with no heat for an hour once a week
3)clarify once a month with nioxin scalp cleanser
4)moisturize with eq mango butter
5)wearing quick weave till touch up time
6)apply MTG twice a week
7)4 months since last relaxer two more months to go, then afterwards i will start relaxing every 12 weeks

lovechic

:wave: Here's my Regimen, Simple as Heck!

Wash & Deep condition 2x per week.
Bun style daily.
Moisturize 2x daily.
Clarify 1x per week.

atl_mulattamami

CarLiTa said:
woah cookie! nice to meet you! a lhcf member who's basically my age! how great! glad to meet you, lol, and to have u on this challenge with me... wow we're doing big things so young :D

sending you a PM

pink_flower

Regimen: wash, deep condition and rollerset once a week
Relax every 8-10 weeks
Moisturize ends daily (been slacking on this)

BMoreFlyy

I feel I want to join.. and I guess I can post pics every 2 or 3 months. Really busy with school right now.

But my regimen:
Every 4 or 5 days I wash my hair with PPC deep cleanse 5.9 dandruff shampoo, then I do the PPC leave in conditioner, then I use the PPC regrowth grease for shine and let it air dry. I wear buns mostly now cause of the heat. I use the KeraCare setting lotion occasionally.
My newest shine and scalp aid is this grease my mom made: Coconut oil, peppermint oil, olive oil, shea butter and vitamin e oil.

Get a deep condition every 2 weeks.
Relax with Essations

~*~ShopAholic~*~

Hi everyone, I'm B.W.E for short, 29 yrs in age, (notice I didn't say old LOL)trying to get to waistlength by Dec. 2007. I'm on the Dominican products too, thanks to my search for them I found LHCF and the products, I guess I got a 2 for 1. :lol:
My Regimen;) :
Shampooing w/ my Capilo mix
Deep conditioning w/my homemade conditioner (EVOO,honey,WGO,Avacodo oil,vitaminE oil,jajoba oil,and carrot oil.
Leave in's: will alternate btwn Nexxuss and MNT (maybe I'll just mix the two)
Clarifying: once a month w/ pantenne
Recontructor: Keraphix/Elasta QP intensive treatment after every relaxer
Relaxing every 16 wks w/ organics (haven't tried it yet, I use to use TCB bone straight)
Only using heat after relaxer service to enjoy the swing :grin: , and see growth more clear, the rest of my post relaxer time I will wear french braids, flat twist, ponytails, or cornrows (my own hair).
Protein and Prosity shampoo once a month before staple shampoo. I'll also be surging 2x a day and using WGO 3x a wk, and mango butter mixed w/EVOO on my ends twice a day.:cool: :)
That's it, I think atleast until my Miss keys 10 en 1 arrive. LOL HHG

Last edited:

lovechic

pink_flower said:
Regimen: wash, deep condition and rollerset once a week
Relax every 8-10 weeks
Moisturize ends daily (been slacking on this)
Pink, this is a great regime...keepin' it simple! :up:

Ayeshia

I am Ayeshia....right now I just co wash, leave the conditoner in and detangle my hair every couple of days. Every other week I do a protein treatment.....I dont take vitamins or anyother growth aids. Only becasue Im not consistent and its a waste of my money :)

CarLiTa

:look: i think i wanna go natural... i'm about 70% sure, lol... a little afraid, honestly... my vanity is stopping me, and what my mom is going to say too... maybe I'll start transitioning in December 2005 right after my relaxer, or March 2006 right after senior prom.

Ayeshia, you didn't transition, right?

Healthb4Length

Right now I just do braidouts and knotouts I make sure my hair is well moisturized, especially my ends. I just put a henna color on my hair and all seems well so far. I think I will be getting braids in a couple of weeks.

Ayeshia

CarLiTa said:
:look: i think i wanna go natural... i'm about 70% sure, lol... a little afraid, honestly... my vanity is stopping me, and what my mom is going to say too... maybe I'll start transitioning in December 2005 right after my relaxer, or March 2006 right after senior prom.

Ayeshia, you didn't transition, right?

No...BUT when I was relaxed i only had a touch up twice a year so I know how it is to transition as well. I did braidouts 99% of the time...but I liked the textured look more than the sleek wrap look so getting a relaxer every 8 weeks was unnecessary for me. But when I wanted to go natural, it seemed like getting a relaxer was more tempting...cant explain it. so I chopped. Yeah see after you graduate from highschool and go to college, vanity is less of an issue :rofl: Trust me lmao. That is the best time to express yourself any way you want and no one will look twice at you.

CarLiTa

thanx for replying Ayeshia! i actually changed my mind again :lol: i decided that i'm not going to do it now. You're so right about the vanity going away in college, psshh, in HS, too many people care and u end up falling in their little game no matter what. I'm actually stretching for 16 weeks now, to my december touch-up; i need to know how to take care of the 2 textures well... i wouldn't want to have to do a frustrated BC and not be able to do much with my hair for senior prom, graduation and that kind of stuff, and for college interviews, i dont want to go with unruly hair or anything like that. SO, I MIGHT transition when I get to college, or the summer before my freshman year. :)

Samaria

Ok, my name is Samaria 19 years of age. I would love to have for a b-day gift(I turn 21 2007) to have waist length hair! I put DEC in my ticker to not get my hopes up.

My regime consist of:

Daily CW(CON the purple bottle, I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS)

I shampoo (I am using White Rain,lol not the best but it's for dry,frizzy, damaged hair) I'll change shampoos as soon as I use this one up. There are soo many diff shampoos I hear about it's crazy.

My entire summer I used heat atleast 4 times, I've been so long without it I am basically weaned of heat. If I am bored and curious as to my progress then I'll straighten. Other than that my hair is CWed, I apply Fantasia Frizz Ease to my hair(IDT it's helping my frizz but it keeps my hair flat esp when new growth comes, Frizz Ease is where it's at!!) I apply S-curl to the ends and put my hair up in a bun to slightly secure the ends.. I am going to invest in clamps b'c I'm not sure if I secure my ends good enough.

When I go to sleep at night, I put four plats in my hair and seal the ends with Profective and tie down with a satin scarf.

And I strecth my relaxers to every 5 months, it's not hard at all for me, but I do have to have a detangle and I am going to begin trying MNT detangler, does anyone else use anything else to detangle with, if you stretch that long?

That's about all there is to my regime, I've found what I believe to be my key products, I am starting to believe in as less manipulation as possible.

sorry for any typos in advance

Last edited:

Healthb4Length

Okay right now I'm keeping it real simple...I have box braids. I put MTG on my scalp about 3 nights a week, I spray the length of my braids with sta-sof-fro everyday, sometimes twice a day. I shampoo with diluted moisture milks shampoos and I spray on a strengthener like fantasia IC. So far so good...:)

CAPlush

Keeping it simple here too! This is the regimen I've maintained for the past 3 months, and I've gotten some noticeable growth with it.

My regimen includes washing (w/ whatever shampoo), deep conditioning (Salerm or Henna Mud Pack), and pressing (w/ oil). I have my hair pressed at a salon with a skillful stylist. She presses the roots with a comb and flat irons the rest. I do this on an "as needed" basis which can be anywhere from 2-3 weeks. In between presses, I wear my hair down or in a very loose bun. I generally do not comb my hair with a comb unless my hair looks crazy (only a wide tooth) and I never brush. I finger comb it and I moisturize with WGO. At home and for bed I cover my hair with a bonnet or satin rag.
Good Luck to Everyone!!!

S

Salliquay

Well I want to keep it simple also

Hair Regimen:
Wash once a week
wrap hair in rollers and detangling anti-breakage conditioner dry hair under hooded dryer.
Coat ends with Vaseline
Sleep in Satin scarf
Multi-Vitamin Daily
Borage Oil
Relax Hair every 3 months

Right now my hair has grown alot because I'm 8 1/2 months pregnant I hope to keep the growth after the baby is born.