The BUY NOTHING for June 2008 Challenge

:lol: Ya'll was feening, huh!?!?

I'm going to ULTA tomorrow!!! :thud: And I've never been before! Anyone have any suggestions for fabulous products that I should check out?

CONGRATS to those who made it!!!!

I dont think there is anything yet i NEED... I slacked on my regimen a lot in June so I hardly used any product cept for cheapie conditioners for co-washing & Vatika oil
me too minus the vatika oil.

congratulations to everyone who passed...

...and to everyone who failed, hope those abs are a lot stronger now...LOL!

H-a-l-l-e-l-u-j-a-h ! :yay:
I'ts over!
I must say though; I'm glad I did this challenge and saved a little :twocents:
I realised that I was spending unneccesarily.

Yes yes, I am glad the challenge is almost over, I did well considering how much of a PJ I really am. Now I bow out gracefully and triumphantly:yep:.

i hate the fact that my order was broken up....i got everything in one package except my co which is seperate....just crazy

See, this is why I wanted to go to the health food store - because I knew, KNEW if I ordered online, I'd talk myself into getting a bunch of stuff, instead of JUST the short list that I wanted.

So, me & mountainrose herbs just had a good ole time together, and I ended up with:

8oz Horsetail (Shavegrass) organic (for the MoeGro recipe)
8oz Nettle Leaf organic (for the MoeGro recipe)
1lb Fenugreek Seed powder organic (for some extra slip)
8oz Hibiscus powder organic (I'll have to look up what this is for, but I've been wanting it for a while)
8oz Irish Moss powder (another 'slippy' agent)
8oz Cobalt Blue Jar (I got two of these, to store stuff in)
1oz Amyris essential oil (It's supposed to smell like sandalwood - I want to add this to my homeade leave-ins to give them some aroma)
1/2oz Lemongrass essential oil organic (also to give my leave-ins some aroma)
16oz Castor oil organic (Soooo much cheaper than the CO from the grocery store, and I'm going to use this for the MoeGro recipe..)
8oz Neem Oil (Yeah, I just got this. :lachen)
8oz Amber Screw Cap Bottle (to infuse my MoeGro Oil in)

*wiggles nose*

Plus, I went to Ulta yesterday, and I actually did really good. I got some Good Hair Days pins (which - ohmygods, those things are FABULOUS!!!! Super hold. SUPER HOLD. I didn't think a hair pin could hold so well), some of that 'temp' haircolor stuff in the mascara bottle (which I think might be really fun), and a 2oz thing of Ojon Ulta Hydrating Conditioner (which smells SOOOOOO good. SO GOOD), and I think it will make a wonderful leave in.

And! I found my do-rag, so I didn't have to buy one......

I think I'm ready for July!

See, this is why I wanted to go to the health food store - because I knew, KNEW if I ordered online, I'd talk myself into getting a bunch of stuff, instead of JUST the short list that I wanted.

So, me & mountainrose herbs just had a good ole time together, and I ended up with:

8oz Horsetail (Shavegrass) organic (for the MoeGro recipe)
8oz Nettle Leaf organic (for the MoeGro recipe)
1lb Fenugreek Seed powder organic (for some extra slip)
8oz Hibiscus powder organic (I'll have to look up what this is for, but I've been wanting it for a while)
8oz Irish Moss powder (another 'slippy' agent)
8oz Cobalt Blue Jar (I got two of these, to store stuff in)
1oz Amyris essential oil (It's supposed to smell like sandalwood - I want to add this to my homeade leave-ins to give them some aroma)
1/2oz Lemongrass essential oil organic (also to give my leave-ins some aroma)
16oz Castor oil organic (Soooo much cheaper than the CO from the grocery store, and I'm going to use this for the MoeGro recipe..)
8oz Neem Oil (Yeah, I just got this. :lachen)
8oz Amber Screw Cap Bottle (to infuse my MoeGro Oil in)

*wiggles nose*

Plus, I went to Ulta yesterday, and I actually did really good. I got some Good Hair Days pins (which - ohmygods, those things are FABULOUS!!!! Super hold. SUPER HOLD. I didn't think a hair pin could hold so well), some of that 'temp' haircolor stuff in the mascara bottle (which I think might be really fun), and a 2oz thing of Ojon Ulta Hydrating Conditioner (which smells SOOOOOO good. SO GOOD), and I think it will make a wonderful leave in.

And! I found my do-rag, so I didn't have to buy one......

wow.

on a positive note...you made me want some good hair days pins! do they just come one in a pack? how much are they? i got a 3.50 off $10 coupon in my email today

:look:

wow.

on a positive note...you made me want some good hair days pins! do they just come one in a pack? how much are they? i got a 3.50 off $10 coupon in my email today

:look:

No, I got a pack of ten for - 2.99, I think it was?? VERY cheap considering I can twist my hair up, and use ONE pin to hold it (and I mean HOLD IT!) in place, vs. the 50-11 bobby pins I had to use before (that would still wiggle out).

I'm using two to hold my conditioner soaked hair up - which AMAZES me, as they haven't slipped, at ALL.

*sings praises*

:lol:

Congrats to everyone who made it through June. I didn't buy a single thing for the month - nada. Anyone up for the month of July? I've decided I'm not going to buy anything - except for some Kinky Curly hair gel today (I love this stuff all over again - I'm having the best hair days), until I use up all of the stuff that I have. I have soooooooooo much stuff that without buying any condish for two months I still have tons of it left. I have (had) a problem.

I'm definitely up for July!

I feel like I'm forgetting to buy something that I wanted, but I can't imagine what....... :ohwell: Ah well, that means I don't really need it, eh?

I found my do-rag, so I didn't have to buy one......

I'm glad that u mentioned do rag...i have a blk wrap like a do rag but its just not a do rag...well i guess i can borrow one of dh's so i won't buy one not to mention I still own my black bandanas for my wraps...these are still lifesavers for me. i'm also ready for july...i won't buy anything else but i will have to pay for my second shipping charge.

Giving you guys an extra few days to get ready ( and cuz Im on vacation and away from home).....

JULY CHALLENGE WILL BE FROM SATURDAY JULY 6th THRU JULY 31st

I am soooooo down for another challenge. These are perfect for me since I am still building a regi. I forces me to try products for a month instead of jumping from product to product. That was getting kinda of expensive.:yep:

I'm down for July too, but can we have today to restock on some necessities!!! LOL... I've had my eye on some hair butters I really wanna try and I was good and waited till June was over. :grin:

Back