BC!! 10-12" Shed to Uncover the Me I Seem to Have Forgotten...

B3e

There's something wrong about being so overwhelmed with the independent woman thing that you lose yourself completely. Not to say that I was doing what I do for anyone but myself, but I definitely realize that I got way too serious for my own good. Life is beautiful, we can't let anything, even ourselves keep us from enjoying it. Yea, so what if I'm not rich, a little older, ruling the world, prettier, smarter, taller, more toned...etc. etc. you know that list. Point is SO WHAT!? I look pretty damn good, I'm pretty damn smart, and I'm pretty damn fortunate and wealthy in friends/family. :yep:

I went shopping, and didn't care about how much I was spending and bought things that I had been eyeing. I ended up filling my closet with things that I needed but didn't want to believe I could afford, the simple things. (Less than $125 for 13 items...I'm a student haha that was my shopping spree) It felt wonderful!! :lachen:

And so did realizing that just because I could grow my hair to BSL+ by Dec 2010 didn't mean anything if I wasn't happy. Aaaah! I took the plunge ladies, thanks for the confidence—indirectly it was your confidence and self love that got me where I am today. :violin:

I'll take texture shots this weekend before I do my yarn twists, but here is my post BC look, I went from about an inch longer than the picture in my siggy...oh so close to APL, to about 3-5 inches stretched all around. :drunk:

Last edited:

Stella B.

Congrats wanji! Sounds like you just liberated yourself..:yep:
It's interesting how a small change in our hair can have a major effect in our attitude toward life.

nikki2229

Congrats on your BC!
Were you transitioning? If so, how long did you transition for? Or did you just decide to chop?

B3e

Congrats wanji! Sounds like you just liberated yourself..:yep:
It's interesting how a small change in our hair can have a major effect in our attitude toward life.

Yes, I agree, it's always the small things that matter most. :yep:

Wow, good for you. Do you feel free?:grin:

Yes, I realize just how much my hair didn't define me!

Congratulations on your BC; you've written some beautiful thoughts.

Thank you very much.

Congrats. Enjoy. (All this hair cutting is making me want to cut my hair)

I certainly recommend cutting your hair only when you want to, not for any other reason or person but for yourself. When you're ready you'll know if cutting is for you.

Congrats on your BC!
Were you transitioning? If so, how long did you transition for? Or did you just decide to chop?

Thank you. I actually never really liked relaxers, I got one once a year growing up and just called it quits in Aug of 09. I suppose I was transitioning, but not anything I hadn't done before as far as stretching a relaxer. I decided to cut off my relaxed ends (I'm 5 months post)...actually I almost considered pulling a Britney :lachen: (still might go to super cuts and get it down to an inch all around :look:) just because I was ready for a fresh start.

Are you considering chopping? I felt nothing, it's almost like getting your ears pierced...you psyche yourself out for nothing. But truly what you enjoy most is not the process but the result—pierced ears (in this case, a natural fresh head of hair).

Lexib

Nice! Do what feels good!!! :grin: A fabulous haircut and a good splurge every once in a while (regardless of your budget) are awesome for the soul. :yep:

Cali*Rocks

^^^^ Me too. Congratulations on your BC and beautiful outlook on life. I love to hear positivity and your post made me count my blessings too!