Cheating on Mizani Thermasmooth with Lanza

mg1979

Alright ladies. I have been a faithful user of Mizani Thermasmooth since I started transitioning 16 months ago. I use the whole line and it works wonders on my new growth and doesn't revert even in humidity. Well I ran out of the serum and spritz and still have some of the shampoo and conditioner left. So I decided I'd keep using the Thermasmooth shampoo and conditioner but try something else with it. So off to Ulta I go and I picked up some Lanza products.

This is what I used: I pre-pooed with coconut oil (as usual). I then washed with the Mizani Thermasmooth shampoo. I dc'd with the Mizani Thermasmooth Conditioner with some added olive oil under heat. Then I followed with the Lanza Healing Moisture Noni Fruit Detangler and Lanza Strait-Line Smoother Straightening Balm. I let air dry about 70%, then sprayed the Lanza Strait-Line Thermal Defense Heat Styler, and blow dryed. I applied 2-3 pumps of Lanza Healing Strength Neem Plant Silk Serum and then flat ironed with my Chi (as usual). I love how it turned out. Can't wait to see if it holds up without reverting like the Thermasmooth Serum. Here's the pics:

danysedai

love it!! I don't know if they sell Lanza in my city but it is good to know there are other alternatives to Thermasmooth.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
IA:up:: L'anza is a Great Product Line.

Everything I've tried from this Product Line is amazing and has performed Superbly.:love2:

A Definite Keeper.:infatuated:

gymfreak336

I really enjoy thermasmooth but I love love lanza products. I have had nothing but good experiences with lanza products. The whole smoothing line is awesome and the color trauma leave in is like cpr for the hair.

blksndrlla

I just bought the mizani...I may invest in some lanza!

eta: i loved the thermasmooth! i used it on Friday and SOOO don't want to get my sew-in. It made my hair dreamy...

Last edited:

angenoir

I was just wondering how the two products compare! Thanks for sharing your review! One question - how does L'anza smell?

mg1979

WOW..your 16 months post?! Im sold! your hair is pin straight!

That's right 16 months post! I have at last half new growth, but you can't tell where the new growth ends and where the relaxed hair begins. Now I must say it was the same for Mizani too. These are the only products I have tried that could do that.

How is the flat iron result compared to Mizani?

Both do a great job of smoothing the new growth. I know the Thermasmooth will last at least a week-I never try to go longer because I've always washed once a week. I hope this will last as well, but I'll have to get back with ya'll since this is my first use. The main difference I can say is my hair feels very moisturized and I'm wonder if it's because of the Lanza Healing Moisture Detangler. I always felt like when I used Mizani that I wanted a leave in/moisturizer after conditioning but before applying the Thermasmooth serum. I tried the Rose H2O Hairdress, but too greasy. I started using the Mizani Butter Rich Hairdress. That helped but it was easy to get heavy handed and end up greasy. My Ulta didn't carry a good leave in for Mizani-maybe Mizani has one and my Ulta just doesn't carry it? I had tried the Thermastrength Style Serum too. Although I loved it, its really meant more for strength and not moisture.

I was just wondering how the two products compare! Thanks for sharing your review! One question - how does L'anza smell?

The Lanza Detangler and the Lanza Serum smell great. The two Strait-line products don't have a scent.

angenoir

How does your hair normally hold up if it gets slightly wet or the wetaher is slightly humid? (ie when you use Mizani Thermasmooth or L'anza?)
Does it stay relatively straight and frizz free?

mg1979

How does your hair normally hold up if it gets slightly wet or the wetaher is slightly humid? (ie when you use Mizani Thermasmooth or L'anza?)
Does it stay relatively straight and frizz free?

Well, again, this was my first time with the Lanza so I don't know yet how it will stand up. I will report back with continued use to let ya'll know. As far as the Thermasmooth, if I don't cover well in the shower, it may revert depending on just how wet I got it. But the best testimony I have as far as weather and Thermasmooth, a few months ago we went to a football game and there was no rain in the forecast-just cold. Well, there ended up being a fine mist throughout at least half of the game. I didn't have an umbrella or a hood or anything. All I had was a cloth hat for the cold-not water proof by any means. And my hair is long so it wouldn't even cover most of it. By the time we got home, I was expecting a full on afro, but I was pleasantly surprised at just how well it held up. There was really only one part that started to frizz up.

angenoir

Well, again, this was my first time with the Lanza so I don't know yet how it will stand up. I will report back with continued use to let ya'll know. As far as the Thermasmooth, if I don't cover well in the shower, it may revert depending on just how wet I got it. But the best testimony I have as far as weather and Thermasmooth, a few months ago we went to a football game and there was no rain in the forecast-just cold. Well, there ended up being a fine mist throughout at least half of the game. I didn't have an umbrella or a hood or anything. All I had was a cloth hat for the cold-not water proof by any means. And my hair is long so it wouldn't even cover most of it. By the time we got home, I was expecting a full on afro, but I was pleasantly surprised at just how well it held up. There was really only one part that started to frizz up.

Thanks so much for your answer!
I am really torn between L'anza and Mizani.

mg1979

Well I'm on the 5th day and we had crazy rain when I left for work this morning-thank God for my umbrella. Still no frizz!

KinkyGenius

Your hair really looks amazing, I can't believe you're 16-months POST. You're managing quite well!

I wanted to like the L'anza line but I've stayed clear of it after I purchased this shampoo and it stripped and dried out my hair something FIERCE:

I now use the Elucence Moisture Benefit Shampoo with no complaints.

Browndilocks

Browndisha Brownie Sundae
Are there other Lanza products you recommend? I was wanting to try the Healing Moisture Masque.

The Long Hair line was awesome but unfortunately it has been discontinued. No surprise there :rolleyes:. The shampoo had great slip properties and I still havent experienced anything close to the ProtectShine serum. You can look around on ebay and you may get lucky. Just like CON, I stocked up when I heard about it .

http://www.hairboutique.com/images/LanzaLongHairA300.jpg

http://www.hairboutique.com/images/lhair21.jpg

I've been eyeing the Dry Hair line for some time now so I may try it soon:

http://www.sleekhair.com/2819.html

mg1979

Your hair really looks amazing, I can't believe you're 16-months POST. You're managing quite well!

I wanted to like the L'anza line but I've stayed clear of it after I purchased this shampoo and it stripped and dried out my hair something FIERCE:

I now use the Elucence Moisture Benefit Shampoo with no complaints.

Thanks for the compliment! I'm glad you told me you had a bad experience with the Lanza Healing Moisture Shampoo-I was probably gonna try it since I had good results with the other Lanza stuff. That's awful that it dried out your hair!

mg1979

The Long Hair line was awesome but unfortunately it has been discontinued. No surprise there :rolleyes:. The shampoo had great slip properties and I still havent experienced anything close to the ProtectShine serum. You can look around on ebay and you may get lucky. Just like CON, I stocked up when I heard about it .

http://www.hairboutique.com/images/LanzaLongHairA300.jpg

http://www.hairboutique.com/images/lhair21.jpg

I've been eyeing the Dry Hair line for some time now so I may try it soon:

http://www.sleekhair.com/2819.html

Wow. I hadn't even heard of the Lanza Dry Hair Line or the Long Hair Line. I guess my Ulta doesn't carry them. Thanks for the tips-may be doing soem internet shopping soon.

angenoir

I think the Lanza Straightline is soon going to be replaced by their new line called L'Anza Healing Smooth