TWA Grow Out Challenge 2010

Taina

To all the beautiful TWA girls out there ...

TWA Grow Out Challenge 2010!!!

This Challenge is an special grow challenge for TWA girls. I'm not setting a lenght goal because i now all people grows their hair at diferents rate. The rules are simple;

Rules
1.- Still doing the same (or anything new you want) to take care of your hair, and promote your growth. Post what your doing with the starting pictures.
2.- Post a both sides, back and front pictures to let us know your starting point/lenght
3.- Post updates pictures on the following dates :

if you want to join now, dont have to thank me or ask me to e added, everyone is welcome, just follow the ules and keep us update
  • march 25, 2010
  • july 25, 2010
  • october 25, 2010
  • dec 20, 2010
4.- You can post any updates on any day you want, but also respect the updates dates already assigned on point number 3
5.- If you change or add anything to promote your growth (as any aids, food, etc) post them here.

You can start at any point of the Challenge i will be aware of the updates in the second post.

If you want to particpate, place a "Thanks" the second post, is going to be easier, and very organized, for me to update the first post with the participats names. (Thanks Pookie, i think is very organized to do it that way)

Participants

Taina
Worthy2b
PatienceDesire
Mocha_li
Plastic
Yods
dcohen1217
RoundEyedGirl504
song_of_serenity
ZeeOl'Lady
Addy3010
azucar
Chameleonchick
ChiChiStar
cocoaluv
elise805
Geminigirl
India*32
ladybeesrch
LivinMyLifeLikeItsGolden
makeupgirl
MrsAriannaAmbers
ROBOTxcore
SouthernBeauty
Theresamonet
zazzi
natural one
nafissa
ParagonTresses
ShiShiPooPoo
smartblackchic
Legalgirl
OhSoOthentik
Peace in Prose
a_shoe_6307
abbygirl
Just Not A Pretty Face
NaturalDetroit
nikz24
KinkyRed
pinkdot's blog
1richesquire
asirek
carlana25
leomentlines
Loves Harmony
Shanda*Jean
tri3nity
yaya24
t23luvgod
Determined22
DivaD04
prettybyrd
Swanky
t23luvgod
TheGrimPhreaker
tori_mama
SheaShea
NubianQueen
DivaM06
NitaChantell
NubianQueen
PocketVenus
Tyra
Coolata
virgo_chinwe
yafrebelc
trufashionfreak
jazii
sparklebh
Honeytips
Tif392002
chebaby
trey21
ladyKT
nubiennze
naturallgurl
jry2lnghair
-PYT
shinyblackhair
Seeking8Rights
suzieq1406
Fabiola
arr1216
MisSweeTiera
DaR3alM3
kittykhat
msdr
CherieMarie
Gimbya
*Beauty_Bandit
Melaysia
Coil_Tresses
Tetbelle
Dani_B
Clink
Chocsmile
Evallusion
*Beauty_Bandit
TBS
SignatureBeauty
tapioca_pudding
Zeal

Last edited:

Taina

If you want to particpate, place a "Thanks" in this post, is going to be easier, and very organized, for me to update the first post with the participats names.

.:Eden:.

Right now my regimen isn't really secure, but I'll share with you what I use. I'm currently doing the CG method. I've now switched to a modified CG, I'm shampooing once a month now. I co wash my hair with Suave Coconut (for detangling) and then Vo5 Strawberries and Cream (for moisture). When I need to deep condition I put honey, coconut oil, and castor oil with the conditioner. I bought Lustrasilk Shea Butter Cholesterol Plus, which I want to start using as a deep conditioner. Afterwards I do a cold water ACV rinse. I use a t-shirt and plop, once my hair is dry I moisturize and seal using a spray a mixture of water, Aubrey Organics Primrose Tangle-Go Hair Conditioner Lusterizer and Styling Spray, coconut oil, and castor oil. I apply a heavy amount of shea butter, concentrating on my dry areas, and I seal with a coconut and/or castor oil. I air dry and coil random strands in my hair to create texture. Almost everyday I will re-moisturize and seal. That's basically what I do.

Update: I started alternating between two strand twists and flat twisting my hair last week.

I won't have side and back pics until my next wash, but here's the front.

Attachments

• IMG_0987.jpg
    IMG_0987.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:

Taina

Ok i add the new names on the list. I hope i could find the time 2nite to post a tutorial on how to upload pictures. If not, i will do it for sure tomorrow,

Sprinkl3s

Oh please add me!!!

I don't know how to post pics either so when I figure it out I will come back as well.

I'm still trying to figure out what my hair likes but currently I.......

co-wash everyday with either Giovanni smooth as silk or GF long and strong
then put either the Giovanni direct leave in or my shea butter mix.

I deep conditon everyweek with my walgreens olive oil dc and ORS rep. pack mix

I shampoo once or twice a month with Giovanni smooth as silk
on days that I shampoo I deep condition with the Giovanni extream

and at night I throw on my satin bonnet.

Thats about it!!

plastic

I'm not natural yet , but I will be by Jan 1st 2010 . So I will list my regimen closer to the date. Also it is ok if I just take pics of my hair for the updates and not really length shots ? I dont want to start the whole pulling my hair for length thing .. and then start to get obsessed with it. Im on a personal goal of not pulling my hair until 2 years after the bc

JerriBlank

This is deinitely the challenge for me! My regimen is cool for now,but I think i'm going to have to get braids for a little while. I am co-washing everyday,but this weather is getting brutal. Flat twistouts and braidouts have been helping,but my ends are starting to knot when left out. I also have two areas with scab hair and they feel terrible compared to the rest of my hair sometimes. Yeeeaaahhhh... I'm probably gonna have to braid in between check ins sometimes. Boooo!

cocoaluv

I'm in. The dates of the pics will be hard for me because I plan on keeping my hair in braids for a majority of next year. However whenever I am taking my hair out of braids I will take pics of when they are all unbraided, washed/wet and dry. That way I can still contribute to this group. HHG ladies!

Addy3010

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO i wanna be part of this challenge. I think this is great, we can all be supportive of each other, and encourage each other.

The best part is there is no way to fail!

Right now my regimen is oh so simple. I co-wash daily or every other day with suave. I use giovanni direct leave in. I also deep condition with either LeKair Shea butter Cholesterol or AOHSR. I also use Kinky Curly which seems to get better as my hair gets longer. I do have shampoo- cant remember the last time i used it but, i have giovanni tea tree oil (i think), and come clean from kurly kinky.

Thats all i can think of now. Will add if i had more.

Oh also i big chopped in Aug after a 3 month transition. I chopped to a fade so...my official date is Aug 30.

LivinMyLifeLikeItsGolden

I am excited for this challenge. I am creating a new regime and I hope to stick with it, here it is:

Keep my hair in cornrow, 2 weeks at a time.
After taking out cornrows, henna, wash deep condition, leave hair out for 3 days, then rebraid. I am also using my version of Moe's growth oil and may throw in some ovation.
I plan on using lacefronts while in cornrows.

Here are my starting pics for this challenge

Attachments

• hair dec 2009 001.jpg
    hair dec 2009 001.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 53
  • hair dec 2009 002.jpg
    hair dec 2009 002.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 48
  • hair dec 2009 004.jpg
    hair dec 2009 004.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 43
  • hair dec 2009 005.jpg
    hair dec 2009 005.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 40

plastic

Also Taina , what do you consider to be a twa .. i heard somewhere it is when you have 3" or less of hair stretched

Geminigirl

YAY! I am in this. It's easy. Take care of your hair! Which I already love doing. I will post pics when I take my braids out in a few more weeks. Can I do that?

Until then I plan to prepoo with Amla oil and cleanse my scalp with diluted poo or condish or both. and moisturize as needed. I try to moisturize daily but the spray I have stinks. I hate the smell of Tea tree oil and Peppermint oil. Especially together. Anyways that's it. I will do scalp massages as often as I want and just KIS.

song_of_serenity

Add me, please, here is my fro now! I think it shows (unstretched) front and side length! I may add stretched length later on.

I'm currently wearing it in TWISTS!! Flat twist at the front, single two strands at the back!!

SouthernBeauty

Sign me up!!! My reggie is pretty simple so far (may change here and there)!

Wash and deep condition 2x a week!
Wear wash n go or in 2 strand twist!
Moisturize and seal everyday sometimes 2x a day!
Baggy at night!

STARTIN PICTURE (Will post a length shot tomorrow):

Attachments

• 13857_1255985393888_1057174372_30824788_242769_n.jpg
    13857_1255985393888_1057174372_30824788_242769_n.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 62
  • DSC_0879.jpg
    DSC_0879.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

RoundEyedGirl504

Okay here are my pics as of 12/11/09 -

12.11.09 TWA3.jpg

12.11.09 TWA.jpg

12.11.09 TWA4.jpg

12.11.98 TWA2.jpg

I just took down some kinky twists today and I plan to get some micros in a couple weeks. In between time I just co-wash my hair every other day or so with Trader Joe's Nourish Spa Conditioner and maybe once a week I wash with the Nourish Spa shampoo or do an ACV rinse, which ever I feel like. Every other day in or out of braids I spray my hair with my mix of water, Aloe Vera Juice, Castor Oil, and Sweet Almond Oil, and some tea tree braid spray.

I plan on doing braids for the next 6 months or so at least.

ETA: I changed my mind on the braids, I am just going to stick with my co-wash regimen and probably die it. I don't want to tuck my hair away again, I missed it so!!

Last edited:

Chameleonchick

Here is my starting pic from the day I BC'd. Until it gets warm again I am keeping my hair protected. I have been wearing two strand twists since my chop, but I think I am going to put in a set of kinky twists. Because things are starting to get busy around here.

Attachments

• DSC00083.jpg
    DSC00083.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

Chameleonchick

I am going to be in protective style mode as stated above.

Only use my flat iron 4 times next year.
Steam once a week.
Stay up on my moisturizing and Deep Conditioning.
Stay away from sulfate laden shampoos.
LOW MANIPULATION!!!!!

Last edited:

Theresamonet

What are you doing for growth

Daily Co-washing
Shampoo (sulfate free)/ Dc 1x weekly
Pre-pooing
Moisturize 2x daily
Low Manipulation
* Going to try detangling every 1x bi-weekly
(or as long as I can w/out matting)
Protective styling
* braids, twists, extensions, bunning, etc.
Exercising
Covering my hair nightly w/ satin bonnet
Multi-vitamin/5000mcg Biotin
Will be using NuGro as a growth aid in spring/summer

What are you not going to do

No Direct heat
No Experimenting :wallbash:

What length are you now?

Twa...Neck length stretched

Last edited: