BSB VS. BSL

JJamiah

I am trying to get an accurate reading hair :)spinning:)
Is BSB = BSL? or is one longer than the other?

I had the husband write on my back with pen so that line wouldn't move, APL, BSB, MBL and WL, he shook his head I was like it will come off in the shower, no worries!

Last edited:

soulie

BSB is considered an objective length opposed to BSL (bra strap length) because people wear bras at different points on their backs. If you think about it, all of the other measuring points (NL, SL, WL) are measured by the BODY, not the clothing.

SouthernStunner

My 13yr old Men
In a perfect world the two should be the same. Most often they are not the same because most women wear their bra straps lower than just below shoulder blade. I think the more accurate lenght check would be BSB.

HTH

JJamiah

BSB is considered an objective length opposed to BSL (bra strap length) because people wear bras at different points on their backs. If you think about it, all of the other measuring points (NL, SL, WL) are measured by the BODY, not the clothing.

:lachen::lachen:

I AM SO THERE, MY measurement of BSL was almost MBL on me I am a shorty, I was WL at a time and for the LONGEST I said it was BSL and MBL I started sewing and learned where my waist really was, go figure, Ooops!

Kellum

BSB is below shoulder blade length. It is where you are supposed to wear your bra. Technically they are the same thing. I would use BSB because that is a measurement that won't change, but BSL does depending on how you wear your bra. I wear mine low, so I broke my goals up into BSB, BSL, MBL...

Chaosbutterfly

Transition Over
Technically, BSL and BSB are supposed to be the same thing. Like generally, people wear their bras right below their shoulder blades. But with the differences in people's bodies and the kind of bras that folks have, some bras end up right under the armpits, some end up closer to midback....bra straps are all over the place, so basing a measurement on them is kind of iffy. Someone could actually be APL, but still claim BSL, because that's where the bra is. With BSB, there's a more concrete and standard place to measure.

JJamiah

BSB is below shoulder blade length. It is where you are supposed to wear your bra. Technically they are the same thing. I would use BSB because that is a measurement that won't change, but BSL does depending on how you wear your bra. I wear mine low, so I broke my goals up into BSB, BSL, MBL...

See I think BSB would work for me, because when I wear sports bras they are above BSB and normal bras Below BSB so I really want something that won't change, my bras fall low low and some kinda high. and then Sometimes I don't where any so then where do I measure? :)

asummertyme

Thnx cause I had no clue..I guess thats where I am at now!LOLOL I wear my Brastrap so Far down..I wouldnt consider it the same for me...

Neek-a-Nator

OK ladies, it was killing me, so I just did a check and SouthernS. was correct:yep:, BSB is right at the TOP of my brastrap not below it though.

Mz.MoMo5235

bsb is right at the top of my bra strap on me so i guess bsb and bsl are the same for me (i just checked lol)

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
My bra strap is so low that it's nearly MBL. Therefore, BSB is anywhere between APL and BSL. With my 2 inch trim, I'm right at BSB, which is very close to BSL.

mscocoface

Your shoulder blade will never move the top of your bra depending on the make model and size could. :yep:

BSB is the most accurate.

NJoy

Here I grow again!
I've been wondering what BSB was so, I thought I'd BUMP for anyone else who's wondering.

equestrian

I used to call it boob length :drunk:

Sapphire_chic

I know bsb is a better and more consistant length guide but i'd rather claim bsl when the time comes (which is a about 1.5 inches lower on me) I really don't know why.

Spring

I know bsb is a better and more consistant length guide but i'd rather claim bsl when the time comes (which is a about 1.5 inches lower on me) I really don't know why.

Same here. I think the reason I prefer it to bsb is because bsl is longer and closer to mbl on me. So bsb is a shorter goal than bsl.

NikkiGirl

I am the same. I am already at BSB. But I won't most likely claim anything until I get to BSL. The top of my bra strap is BSL and the bottom is MBL. I wear my bra low so I want to claim BSL when the time comes and then MBL won't be far away. In my avatar I am APL for comparison.

NikStarrr

BSB should be shorter than BSL as no bra is intended to to wrap around over your shoulder blades. That would hinder arm movement. But some bras dip where the shoulder blades are and then go back up in between them, so it's just a way of getting a more objective measurement.

bellebebe

No!!! Ny bsl. Is bsb. :-( lol my apl. Looks bsl. Shoot!! Y do I have to have this athletic body? Lol

loolalooh

Cosign. Here is an example.

I wear my bra strap low, so BSL for me is more or less MBL ... almost WSL. My hair length grazes BSB but is far from BSL.

Last edited:

mush211

This makes perfect sense to me now cuz the bottom of my shoulde blade is right where my bra strap starts:grin:.... Thanks ladies