"V" shaped members...

JustKiya

:look:

Oooh, another perk of the V? I think it looks more - natural - you rarely see a weave with a major V - they tend to be more u or blunt cut.... :yep:

CHECKMATE!

Man ...:look:

I cut layers so I can have a V.
And I'm never going blunt.

ITA with most of y'all! It is the sexiest thing on your back.

And I love my little layered ponytail!:yep:

so the "V" shape is appreciated by non-"V'ers as well,cool:grin:...this gives alot of encouragement to "V" members:yep:

CHECKMATE!

I'm with you on this one, Kiya... My hair grows into the infamous "V" and I've learned not to fight it anymore. I claim lengths based on the way it LOOKS-- untouched, unstretched to the average onlooker. My hair is past APL and if I really tried, I could stretch and contort my back to show that my "V" pretty much touches BSB or BSL or whatever, but to everyone else looking at my hair, they see that 90% of it is at APL. Thus, to claim BSB/BSL at this point based on 10% of my hair is kinda just playin' myself, yanno? :rolleyes:

so u go with the majority of your strands...ok,cool....do u use the "tip" as a guide/goal?

CHECKMATE!

Yeah, the tip lets me know I'm "getting there", but I don't use it as my final checkpoint.

good point...another member mentioned this...i think it is a matter of interpretation,since most "V'ers use the tip to claim the length...but i definitely see your point...i think hair type/thickness also plays a major part when it comes to claiming length....sicne a thicked haired "V' member can claim a length "officially" w/o doubt:yep:

YvonneL

My hair grows faster on one side. Its almost in the middle though. I like to pretend its a "v".lol. What can i do? I always cut the longer side but that doesnt work.

Lady Esquire

:look:

Oooh, another perk of the V? I think it looks more - natural - you rarely see a weave with a major V - they tend to be more u or blunt cut.... :yep:

So so true! I have been toying with the idea of incorporating half wigs into my regimen maybe in the Fall.....'cause its too hot now. And I may just cut it to have my V, now that you said that. Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

lunabelle

This is so funny! I had to pry myself away from the scissors this week. My V is just below my brastrap and you know what?....I'm keeping it!!

TexturedTresses

I have the same thing, once i started trimming my hair along my natural shape... my hair started to grow. I would sometimes like blunt has as it looks thicker and longer, but oh well. I consider my tip to be my length.

SmilingElephant

I have a V. Kinda want the U shape tho....but i do love my layered ponytail too. And i like that "whip" feeling i get when i swing my hair....lol!

hairdrama:{

I have a V. Kinda want the U shape tho....but i do love my layered ponytail too. And i like that "whip" feeling i get when i swing my hair....lol!

That’s what happens to me……….and I think it’ll be like that until I do a real cut, nut just a trim….:perplexed:ohwell:

thaidreams

I'm debating weather I should cut my V or wait a couple of months to see how the rest of my hair grows out and then cut.

SmilingElephant

That’s what happens to me……….and I think it’ll be like that until I do a real cut, nut just a trim….:perplexed:ohwell:

Yeah....but if you think about it.....its like having a super power....no other shape of hair can be used like a whip.....so when i reach MBL.....i want it to say *CRACK!*........lol!!!!!:grin:

Put some momentum into it!....WHIP!....turn ya head.....WHIP!!!:lachen:

"Hater at 12:00...." *CRACK!!!* lol

JustKiya

Yeah....but if you think about it.....its like having a super power....no other shape of hair can be used like a whip.....so when i reach MBL.....i want it to say *CRACK!*........lol!!!!!:grin:

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

:dead:

MyAngelEyez~C~U

Get them suckers, girl!!!!! :lachen:(Check my siggy quote to see how I feel 'bout them haterz:grin:)

TexturedTresses

omg.... i'm always going to think of it like this now. lol.

I'm glad to see I am not alone. I have V shaped hair with multiple layers. My stylist asked me "did I get layers cut in my hair" lol. I claim my length by my tip also, so I was mad when my stylist cut it to make it "more even."I'm done with professional stylists forever. I'm now a DIY person.

DIY is where its at. no more of them taking for ever to rinse out relaxers and talking about how bad my hair is. I quit going because my hair never grew it just remained the same length year round.

PRhair

:yep: That, and I have an severe aversion to cutting off perfectly healthy hair. :spinning: I get a lil twitchy, really. :lol: So, I'll keep the V - and like someone else said, it shows that my hair CAN get that long.....it's a preview of things to come.

And, I think it helps with updo's too - that one last little bit can make the difference between one working and it not.

It does really help with the updo's and it makes my ponytail look longer.

I thought about cutting it a couple of weeks ago, but I think I'm gonna wait until I reach BSL.

CHECKMATE!

It does really help with the updo's and it makes my ponytail look longer.

I thought about cutting it a couple of weeks ago, but I think I'm gonna wait until I reach BSL

dont u think about cutting that pretty hair:yep:...have some patience:rolleyes: