Buy Nothing in September Challenge!!!

JustKiya

Anyone else interested? I'll roll on a personal challenge, if need be, because my shopping has gotten a WEE bit out of hand in August! :lol:

General Rules:

Don't Buy Anything Hair-Related (anything!) from Sept 2 to Sept 29th.

That's about it. :lachen:

If you're interested, stock up this weekend on anything that you might run out of during the month, and stay strong!

Passes can be given for once in a lifetime chances (like a brand-new Pibbs at the thrift store for 45 bucks) - but otherwise - :nono:

Soooooooooooo.

Anyone interested? :lol:

The Buy Nothing'ers

A_Christian
Aggie
aminata
anilove
ayjacks
Butterfly08
chebaby
Ekaette
feelfree
joyandfaith
JustKiya
Kay.Dee
KPH
Mandy4610
missconstrue
MizzBrown
mizzdebbi
productjunkie814
naturalgurl
NubianQT
Shana'
ShantWhite
Tarae

Last edited:

naturalgurl

I'm in! I find SOMETHING to buy every other day or every weekend. I'll get some aloe, castor oil and a little essential oil of some kind this weekend and try to buckle down.

Tarae

I'm in. I'm just going to order some Hairveda stuff this weekend (I said I wouldn't but I keep going into that thread).

JustKiya

:lol: That's what made me finally start the thread - realizing folks would need at LEAST a weekend/the weekend to stock up. And it's a long weekend, too. :yep:

naturalgurl

I might as well go all out and stock up on some coconut milk too. I keep thinking of stuff I'll need and the list is getting longer for the weekend "splurge"!

JustKiya

:lol: That is the dangerous part!! Worst comes to worst, you'll just have extra stock at the end of the month. ;)

MizzBrown

Count me in! I need to use up my BOX of stuff. I remember when all i had was about 5 bottles of stuff.

Now i can fill a durn box. I need this challenge!

chebaby

i dont know if i can do this. i mean i have enough stuff to last me way more than one month, and its good stuff too but idk.

count me in

Shana'

I would like to join but I have a question first............Are salon trips allowed?????

bbdgirl

Count me in! I need to use up my BOX of stuff. I remember when all i had was about 5 bottles of stuff.

Now i can fill a durn box. I need this challenge!

what she said...Im in

I think I'll get those Joico and Redken conditioners I was eyeing today

JustKiya

i dont know if i can do this. i mean i have enough stuff to last me way more than one month, and its good stuff too but idk.

count me in

You can DOOOOOO it!!!! :lol: Welcome!!

I would like to join but I have a question first............Are salon trips allowed?????

Yeah, we were allowing salon trips before. Just don't walk out the salon with a bottle of the fabulous leave-in your hairdresser used, is all. :lol:

ShantWhite

Wow, thank you for posting this challenge, please count me in!

I struggle so much with the "keep it simple" strategy. But seeing how wonderful different products work for some of these ladies, you know who [ :Devil: ] immediately jumps on my shoulder, and I'm off :auto:

I believe I know what works me. However, I WILL buy some ORS - No More Flakes this weekend to see if it will assist with completely preventing breakage. Then in September, I'll look, but not touch :peek:

JustKiya

Wow, thank you for posting this challenge, please count me in!

I struggle so much with the "keep it simple" strategy. But seeing how wonderful different products work for some of these ladies, you know who [ :Devil: ] immediately jumps on my shoulder, and I'm off :auto:

I believe I know what works me. However, I WILL buy some ORS - No More Flakes this weekend to see if it will assist with completely preventing breakage. Then in September, I'll look, but not touch :peek:

:yep: I usually start a running list during the month- it's amazing how much of the stuff I end up deciding I don't actually need....

Shana'

Yeah, we were allowing salon trips before. Just don't walk out the salon with a bottle of the fabulous leave-in your hairdresser used, is all. :lol:

Lol, nah I won't do that.

ajacks

I'm in but I have one question. If I make purchases on online by August 31st is that ok, since I will obviously not have them in my possession on that day?

JustKiya

I AM IN, PLEASE ADD MY NAME

Sweet, Welcome!!

I'm in but I have one question. If I make purchases on online by August 31st is that ok, since I will obviously not have them in my possession on that day?

Oh, yeah - I fully plan on e-ordering some stuff tomorrow, and I won't get it til after the 2nd, I'm sure. As long as it's paid for by the 2nd, you're cool.

A_Christian

Count me in! I ran out last month :lol: and I have to buy books for school, so I have no business buying any more hair products right now.

feelfree

sigh.

okay, okay.

at my goddaughter's insistence i am in. i need some kind of intervention, i suppose!

JustKiya

Welcome to the first day of the challenge, ladies!!!!

Two things that I've found make it easier:

1) Do an inventory, at home. Dig up (and out) all of the products you have (and/or have forgotten about) to refresh your memory as to JUST what you are using - and still haven't touched.

2) Make a list as the month goes along - if you read a thread, and are just SUPER tempted by something - make a personal list, or come and post it here - that way, you can see (and have a chance to think about) all the stuff you want to get.

Aggie

I wanna join, but lettin' you know that I am ordering me some WEN mid-September in time for my birthday in October:yep:. This has been planned a lil while now.