Midback 2008 Challenge Part II-Pr

Energist

Wow has that thread grown!

Well as for me, my hair has been thickening up, but I haven't seen any new growth for the past 2 months. I won't worry about this until time for my next relaxer. If I don't see the growth I'd like, then I'm going to assume that my hair is going through some type of resting period.

I am enjoying the extra thickness, but I'd rather see length. I've added 3 new photos of the thickness in my album which I've just recently updated.

Junonia

:welcome:to the MB 08 ladies!

Soun
Silverlotus
Eiano
lynnie B
TLC1020
Tenjoy
Texasgrl
Saida
Ashcash
MsAngie
AKATude08
Tebby1017
Finewine83
Blkprincess
Tottzu
McrzyGr
Coconow227
Misty1029
Lilamae
Lavendar
LaFaraona
MsCounsel
Andy1979
Traycee
QTslim83
Prettykinks
Glam
MrsHouston
Healthytresses
Luckymonkey1307
Karameldiva1978
beautifulisaunderstatement
Body&Shine
NubianQT86

Last edited:

Junonia

Wow has that thread grown!

Well as for me, my hair has been thickening up, but I haven't seen any new growth for the past 2 months. I won't worry about this until time for my next relaxer. If I don't see the growth I'd like, then I'm going to assume that my hair is going through some type of resting period.

I am enjoying the extra thickness, but I'd rather see length. I've added 3 new photos of the thickness in my album which I've just recently updated.

Energist your hair is gorgeous.

Eiano

MBL is my ultimate goal.

I'm hoping for MBL by December 2008 so count me in, son!!:grin:

mscocoface

You know what I did not even do a length shot but I am sure it must be pretty close. What I did notice is that my braids are much thicker than they were before.

The next time I do a touch up on my twists I am going to have to remember to do a progress shot showing length.

LynnieB

joining my first lhcf challenge :grin: (yall betta not forgit to add me)

i really think i can make mid-back by late '08 IF i can keep these ends in good shape which means an almost no heat regimen :yep: for me.

i'll not be making a habit of straightening, so there'll be alot of stretching natural hair in twists or some other natural style - hope that's ok?

my goal is to have nice, full apl hair in twists.

i need to grow about 5" to reach bottom of bsl (stuck a straight nape pic in my profile, just because :grin:.) i did get about an inch a month this summer but i really don't know how it will grow in the wintertime. i guess we'll see.

i think i can, i think i can, i think i can :lachen:

Good Luck everyone!!

TLC1020

I wanna join, I'm hoping to be MBL by 9/08, while looking at my pictures I realized that MBL on me is about 2" from BSL:yep:

Last edited:

GoldenBreeze

Just jumping in on part II. I've had some progress my latest pics are in my fotki. The next update will be at the end of Dec.

I'm wishing great success to all the MBL '08 gang.

Tiffchelle22

I joined this on the original thread. I just had a trim a couple weeks ago, but it was very small. I am very close to BSL, and hope to make it by the end of the year. Unfortunately, I totally bombed that HYH challenge. :look: Anyhow, I hope to make mid-back by my birthday in July. At the very least, by the end of the year 2008.

cheeks87

My progress is in my siggie. I took that pic a few weeks ago.

I have about 2(?) inches before I can officially claim BSL. My hair grows at a snail's pace but I'm hoping to reach it by end of March '08(hoping for some miracle growth:rolleyes:).

I think I'm gonna start massaging my scalp once a week....is peppermint oil good for that? I only have the KeraCare essential oils.

GoldenBreeze

My progress is in my siggie. I took that pic a few weeks ago.

I have about 2(?) inches before I can officially claim BSL. My hair grows at a snail's pace but I'm hoping to reach it by end of March '08(hoping for some miracle growth:rolleyes:).

I think I'm gonna start massaging my scalp once a week....is peppermint oil good for that? I only have the KeraCare essential oils.

If you use peppermint, or any EO you will need to mix with a carrier oil. EO's are very potent, and should not be used on the skin undiluted. Adding 5 to 10 drops of peppermint oil to 8 oz of the carrier oil of your choice would give you the benefit that you are looking for. If you already knew this, I apologize for the explaination. :)

cheeks87

If you use peppermint, or any EO you will need to mix with a carrier oil. EO's are very potent, and should not be used on the skin undiluted. Adding 5 to 10 drops of peppermint oil to 8 oz of the carrier oil of your choice would give you the benefit that you are looking for. If you already knew this, I apologize for the explaination. :)

Hmm well the ingredients in the KeraCare Essential Oils are:Sunflower Seed Oil, Peanut Oil, Castor Oil, Cocunut Oil, Jojoba Oil, Sesame Oil, Aloe Vera Oil, Almond Oil, and Olive Oil.

I only have like 3 oz, so I guess I'll add like 2-3 drops?

GoldenBreeze

Hmm well the ingredients in the KeraCare Essential Oils are:Sunflower Seed Oil, Peanut Oil, Castor Oil, Cocunut Oil, Jojoba Oil, Sesame Oil, Aloe Vera Oil, Almond Oil, and Olive Oil.

I only have like 3 oz, so I guess I'll add like 2-3 drops?

Yes, that sounds about right. The oils that you listed in KeraCare Essential Oils are all great oils, but none of them are EO's. They are all carrier oils.

texasgrl

I want in on this!!:grin: My Ends are touching my bra-strap. My goal is 12/08 cause I love to trim for a pretty hemline:look:.

aprilj

Just checking in. Everything is going well. My ends are touching brastrap but as usual the middle is slowly catching up. I haven't relaxed since 9/26...trying to stretch til 1/08 provided there isn't any breakage. So far, no complaints.

silverlotus

So far everything is going well. The tip of my V is about 1 inch past BSL now, so I believe I'm right on track for my March goal.

AshCash

I'd like to join! I am currently at BSL and would like to reach MBL by April '08. Can anyone post pics or an explanation of where exactly MBL hair hits on the body? (Sorry for the dumb question... I've tried searching). I will post pics at the end of December when I get my hair blown out at the salon. :)

GoldenBreeze

I'd like to join! I am currently at BSL and would like to reach MBL by April '08. Can anyone post pics or an explanation of where exactly MBL hair hits on the body? (Sorry for the dumb question... I've tried searching). I will post pics at the end of December when I get my hair blown out at the salon. :)

MBL is usually just the bottom of a proper fitting bra, or half way between BSL and WL. Depending on you body proportions, there may be 1-3" or so difference between BSL and MBL. HTH :)

-BSL top of bra
-MBL bottom of bra