Hide Your Hair For 6 Months 12-16-09 REVEAL

Ms_Twana

Okay ladies. We hid our hair for 6 months (June 15 - December 15) with buns, braids, wigs, weave, more buns, twists, twistouts, braidouts, and more buns. Now it's time to REVEAL our hair. Whether you gained length, thickness, or healthier hair, I'm sure your hair is thanking you.

Remember to post your starting picture and your reveal picture. CONGRATS EVERYONE!!!!! :yep:

Here's what we've all been waiting for.....
.DRUM ROLL PLEASE............

Ms_Twana

Patience ladies, patience.

The reveal technically isn't until tomorrow. I just started the thread a little early. Notice the date in the title.

Let's not make the entire first page full of I Wanna See Pictures posts. :lachen:

my1goodnerve

I'm gonna start a little early. This was my first challenge, and as I said in the support thread, I learned a lot about my hair these last 6 months. I joined LHCF in the spring and so I am still trying to create a winter regimen. In other words I still have a lot to learn, but I have a better sense of what works and what doesn't work for me.

So my first pic was taken on June 15th at the start of the challenge. My second pic was taken in October. I will post a final pic this weekend once I've had a chance to wash, dc, and flat iron.

Attachments

• 090.jpg
    090.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 285
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 280

cutiebe2

why is it reveal threads never have too many reveals :lachen:

its always 25 pages of "So where y'all at??"

Junonia

Here are my pics. My hair is growing in a V shape, so I've been trimming to even it off some.
ETA: Starting pic

May-Starter pic

July

July

july

October

October

Last edited:

sunnieb

Here are my pics:

ponytail pic I used as my starter pic from June 14
June 14 2009.jpg

airdried ponytail pic from December 13
Dec 13 09 A.JPG

length shot (fresh relaxer from June 3)
June 3 09.jpg

length shot (fresh relaxer from December 9)
Dec 9 2009.jpg

'Night ladies! I can't wait to see all the pics!

Last edited:

Kellum

Dec. 16th will make 8 months into my journey. I have learned a lot and pretty much stayed consistent with my regimen. Thanks ladies of LHCF because for all that you do and the knowledge that you bring. I thank you and my hair thanks you. :bighug:

Here are some of my pics.

Starting Pic 4/16/2009:
Touch up, trim, flat iron and last salon visit. I was a maybe an inch longer than APL.

Length 7/20/2009 13 weeks 4 days post:
I did a length check by taking down one of my cornrows. I had a lot of new growth.

Texlax touch up 7/30/2009 after 15 week stretch:
I did a roller set and silk wrap. My hair still had a lot of lift at the roots so my true length isn't shown here. I made BSB length.

12/2/2009 18 weeks post:
I blew dry my hair ( didn't have a comb attachment) and ended up with a big mess.

I lazily maxiglided my hair and got this. It was good enough for the moment.

Same maxiglided hair that I applied coconut oil to and tied down that night. I'm grazing BSL

12/13/2009 texlax touch up after 19 week stretch:
I'm doing the half and half method. I got one side done and am going to start on the other side.

Now both sides done. Getting ready to DC.

That's all for now. To see more pics check out my blog that I kept secret because of the challenge. Now that it is over I can share it with ya'll. The link is below.

To be continued on 12/17/2009 after my trim.

http://kellumskorner.blogspot.com/

Last edited:

Lylddlebit

Here are mine...I wasn't expecting growth because I was trimming regularly for healthy ends. The growth change is an appreciated bonus.
Start 6/8

Finish 12/14

Sorry about the small sizes...they are mid sized in fotki. On here I ended up with really large or thumbnail sizes.

Last edited:

Mane Event

Here it goes. I should've taken starter pics from the back view but since I didn't I will only share side pics for comparison purposes

June 09 - Start

Dec 09

Recreation of Curled Styled from June (Dec '09)
Doesn't quite fall the same way it did in June :look:

Last edited:

Ms_Twana

Alright ladies. Here are mine. I went to a salon and got my hair blow dried and flat ironed. Won't be doing that again for a while. Anyway, I'm gonna tease you with the bling (shine) that my hair had first.

When I saw my length, I was dissappointed but happy at the same time. That's because I was REALLY hoping to be BSL after this challenge. I didn't make it, but I am soooo close I could taste it.

Now here are my starting (top) and reveal (bottom) pics. I'll make this one big so you can see the numbers on the progress shirt. Tips from 5.5 to 8.5. Three inches is pretty good. :yep:

Last edited:

Ms_CoCo37

Okay, my reveal is a little bit different. First of all, I started the challenge a little late, and then in August I BC'd. Here are my pics:

Right before BC:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/picture.php?albumid=3266&pictureid=27280

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/picture.php?albumid=3266&pictureid=27278

Right After My BC:

My Big Reveal (after 5 months of buns, twists, poofs, henna treatments, etc.):

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/picture.php?albumid=3266&pictureid=27148
Overall, I'm so glad I had the opportunity to be a part of this challenge! Who knew my hair would grow back so quickly?:grin:

Demi27

^^^ I am in the same boat.
I joined the challenge. Then I BC'd...but dumb dumb here took pics right after the BC and now she can't find them to put up comparison pics.:wallbash:

I'm gonna keep looking for them.
Oh. My screen name was tyefrmy at the time that I joined.

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
Wow! congrats to all the HYH ladies this thread is soooo inspiring :yep: I think I need to join the 2010 challenge pronto....

supermodelsonya

Man I'm soooo in the next challenge. I've been on my personal hide your hair journey. My results are in my siggy. Let me know when the next one starts.