Poll: Do you attend your homosexual son's wedding?

Would you attend your homosexual son's wedding?

• Yes

Votes: 23 57.5%
  • No

Votes: 17 42.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

mrselle

No worries, Shimmie. I didn’t take your comments personally. You brought a lot of things to my attention. I guess my problem is balance. I think I struggle with the balance between loving a child unconditionally and not condoning their sins. At the end of the day, I wouldn’t condone my child lying or stealing and those are sins. So, why would I condone a relationship that is not recognized by God?

inthepink

Changed,

The other posts also made me realize that if my child truly knows me, then they know that God is NUMBER ONE in my life before anyone including them. Thus they would already know that I would not be attending.

ThePerfectScore

You are right - weddings are important to God.

If you dont mind me asking - who is this christ and god you are referring to that supports homosexual marriage and relationships?

There may be many things that are up for debate, but if you are referring to the God of the Holy Bible this is not one of them.

Please elaborate.

Many people will NOT agree with my statements. I accept that, this is why I said MY to emphasis it is personal to me and not to take away from any other person’s personal beliefs. But I believe that The Bible was written by people for people to explain the unexplainable. I do believe that all religions are a human construct, but that is not to say however, there is no God. I think it is quite ignorant to believe that there is no God, because it is obvious that there is a supernatural being or beings plural that are more powerful than human beings.

That being said in my opinion, The Bible is not the ultimate word of "God", because I feel like if the Bible was the ultimate truth then there is no room for alternate interpretations. Human beings are incapable of fully understanding what is the truth behind life, that is why we are humans and not Gods. And it is quite apparent that there are millions upon millions of different translations of the Bible. You can look at 5 different and equally acceptable translations of the Biblical text, and you can infer thousands of different meanings. The Bible has been edited and reworked for thousands of years, I know for a fact something was lost in translation from the tablets the ideas were originally transcribed on and from the Bibles you can buy from Barns and Nobel today. It is impossible to preserve all the aspects of the Bible throughout the times. People’s modes of thinking, attitudes and perceptions are constantly evolving. Society is dynamic and you cannot keep the same interpretation of something throughout the years.

It’s all a matter of perspective; perspective that changes form one era to another, a perspective that is not constant among individuals. The Bible is the ultimate game of Telephone (Telephone game is when you say a sentence and whisper it to another person. And they pass it on and on until you get to the last person, and they say what they think the original statement is. You compare the last statement with the first statement. Almost always the statement gets misconstrued). And if you read the Bible (and I have not read it cover to cover) but from what I have read that book has some of the most racist, misogynistic, and prejudicial ideas in the world. I honestly do not have the time to find examples from the text itself to prove my point. And for a person to truly prove me wrong on that point, they would have to have read every single translation of the Bible that has ever circulated on this earth, because like I said before the way in which the concepts of the Bible are presented vary with each individual interpretation. Also, who is to say that the Bible is more truthful than another religious texts (e.g. the Qur'an)?

In all honesty, I do feel that the Bible is a very, very Extremely important text. Not only for its cultural and sociological significance, but also as a historical record. But mind you, what we consider history is not necessarily what actually occured. The Historian shapes the history. History is not what happened, but what is remembered. Over all I have no problem with the Bible because it helps so many people live an honorable life. The Bible and its interpretations have been the catalyst for some of the most beautiful and inspirational positive actions on earth. In contrast, the Bible has also spearheaded some of the most horrific and cruelest of all human actions. So as a thinking, full engaged, intelligent individual, I simply cannot accept what is given to me just because someone says it is true. I like to explore alternate possibilities and from my own life experiences formulate my own religious belief. I think religion is such a personal thing, that no established institutions have the right to force you to follow something you do not believe it.

Now when it comes to the Bible, I know it does not accept homosexuality. They group homosexuality on the same level as having sex with animals. But I however, do not believe homosexuality is a perversion of human sexuality. Perversions of sexuality, in my opinion, include pedophilia, bestiality, any sexual act that is not consensual between two adults with the mental capacity to be fully aware of the actions in which they are engaging, and the consequces of said actions. Homosexuality does not fit my idea of perversion. I think it is a very sad sad thought that romantic love can be confined to only male and female. Love is such a powerful and beautiful experience of the human reality. Love comes from a connection of spirits, not a connection of body parts. So if two spirits come together and feel a positive romantic connection of devotion and respect for each other, who am I to say they are not allowed to express that in the same way I’m allowed to as a heterosexual.

People are born with a rudimentary sexual identity then society shapes what God gave us. I think the confusion about sexuality comes from the disconnect between what a person innately feels within their mind, body, and soul and what society tells them is the correct way to be. When a person’s feelings conflict with their socialization anxiety occurs and this anxiety is why so many people cannot accept themselves for the way God made them. Again, this is only my opinion, but sexuality is on a spectrum and most people fall more in the middle. I doubt anyone is 100% homosexual or 100% heterosexual. Our physiological responses to sexual attraction do not lie. You can consciously say you have never been sexually attracted to the opposite sex, but if I had the time I could clearly prove to you that sexual attraction is not as static as we make it seem. A psychologist named Chivers in 2009 expanded research on human sexuality and the brain. The research findings were amazing and basically they recorded physiological signs of sexual arousal of men and women who self identify themselves as either heterosexual and homosexual. And these people watched sexually explicit video of heterosexual sex, and both gay and lesbian sex, and the researches measured how turned on they got. The experiment proved that people are aroused by types of people that they would not consciously identify themselves as being sexually attracted to. In addition, the animal world apart from Humans has tons of evidence of homosexuality. The most notable is the Bonobo chimps, which are mentally and behaviorally so close to humans that they are a great example as to how humans function. Granted the chimps are not humans, so it is impossible for them to fully explain the human condition, but they are as close as we can get without tons of legal and ethical issues that come with using Human beings as research subjects. I learned about the Bonobo chimps in my Anthropology class. The concept of evolution and creationism is a whoooole other can of worms, yet also I think the two concepts can exist together.

Last edited:

ThePerfectScore

I just feel like the same reasons why people say homosexuality is wrong, are the same reasons why people said that interracial relationships were wrong. These reasons are the same reasons why black people were deemed as animals, and not as humans. When you separate people into the “other” category, especially in a moral sense, you are limiting your own personal understand of not only them, but of yourself. I’m not asking you to accept homosexuality. I am however, asking you to love the homosexuals you do encounter. Even though you may not believe in the way in which they live their lives, you should at least believe that they too deserve love and should not be alienated for what they believe. Because you nor I truly know what is right and what is wrong in this world. Morality is not as clear-cut as one would hope. We as humans have to differentiate between what is right and wrong for ourselves. We have to integrate what society as taught us, with what we believe in our hearts is true. There is no collective truth when it comes to matters of morality and religion. You just have to do the best you can to be the best person you can. The only person you have to justify your actions and beliefs to is yourself. So if you can go to bed feeling proud of what you believe in, then who am I to say otherwise?

SORRRY to be so Long winded. I am written very stream of conscious… sorry to those who do not understand what I have said. It’s not like I really edited it. I was told to elaborate so I tried to give you the full picture of what goes on in my head, and why I say the things I say and do the things I do. Please take no offense. I have no malice in my heart. I respect all of you guys and I encourage alternate opinions, because how else am I to formulate my religious and social beliefs if people only present to me what I want to hear. So feel free to lay it on me with any support or criticism. I’m a young girl who is forever evolving. This is what I believe at 20, but that is not to say these thoughts won’t be altered with my life experiences. The more I learn the more I edit and revise my convictions.

Just for some background, my mother whole heartedly does not agree with my stance on homosexuality. I am very close to my mother, and I respect her opinions and beliefs. Her father was a primitive Baptist preacher in the South. So homosexuality is a BIIIIG No No where my mother comes from. Even same with where my father comes from. Both sides of my family are deeply rooted in the different sects of the Christian religion. My father however agrees for the most part with me. This has often created tension between my parents. My mother saying that my father’s influence has tried to undo what she has instilled in me. But in all actuality I am doing exactly what my mother has taught me to do. She always told me to think for myself. But now that my thoughts are conflicting with hers, she has gotten extremely angry at me and blames herself for going wrong in some aspects of her parenting. That’s a whole other story, but what I’m saying is I came from a house of conventional beliefs about homosexuality.

But I also feel that if you say the Bible is the ultimate truth, then you cannot pick and choose what you want to believe. If you believe the Bible is the ultimate truth then treat all aspects of the Bible as ultimate truths and don't hind the parts of the Bible that condemn what you are doing. And don't hightlight the parts of the Bible that condem what another person is doing. I have so many conversations with one of my friends on this subject and he is a devotee Jehovah’s Witness. He think homosexuality is one of the biggest perversions and he fully believes what the bible says on the topic. Yet this same devote individual has engaged in pre-marital sex with me, let’s just be honest. So I call him out on the fact that what homosexuals are doing it the biggest God-condemning sin, yet his Bible also clearly states that pre-marital sex is bad. I know we are not perfect and we do sin, but don’t actively sin and then judge and condemn other people for that they are doing.
I’m done! haha Thanks for reading.

ETA: I am a double major in Psychology and Sociology. My mama sometimes says "My education done made a fool of me" when I pull up things I learn throughout my studies to dispute things about religion and education. But my mama is paying $52,000 in tuition each year so can she really complain that I am learning and using what i learn? My college education is not only my investment, but hers. haha

Last edited:

Nice & Wavy

Of course! In fact I would go to a friends, co-workers, etc wedding and reception.:yep:I love celebrating GENUINE love whether it's man/woman, man/man or woman/woman.I swear...there are so many others things going on in the world that we need to be concerned about.:wallbash:
The things that are going on in the world comes from the sin of disobedience. As mankind continue to willfully sin, we will see greater things happening in the world....

WE AIN'T SEEN NUTHIN YET!:nono:

As christians, we are supposed to be concerned about the souls of mankind. That's what the Lord has commissioned us to do. Jesus stepped on lots of toes in His time on the earth and He is still stepping on toes while living and working in true believers! It's called TOUGH LOVE!

The bible says this:
“For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth. If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not? But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.”
(Hebrews 12:6-8). KJV

And I love it here in The Message:

My dear child, don't shrug off God's discipline, but don't be crushed by it either. It's the child he loves that he disciplines; the child he embraces, he also corrects.

God is educating you; that's why you must never drop out. He's treating you as dear children. This trouble you're in isn't punishment; it's training, the normal experience of children. Only irresponsible parents leave children to fend for themselves. Would you prefer an irresponsible God? We respect our own parents for training and not spoiling us, so why not embrace God's training so we can truly live? While we were children, our parents did what seemed best to them. But God is doing what is best for us, training us to live God's holy best. At the time, discipline isn't much fun. It always feels like it's going against the grain. Later, of course, it pays off handsomely, for it's the well-trained who find themselves mature in their relationship with God.

We will continue to proclaim what God desires and not back down nor give a place to the devil. If we have to shout it from the rooftops, that we will do, because its the right thing to do.

I don't like to see blood....nor do I want it on my hands. We all will answer for the things we do to our bodies...and our thought process is apart of our body.

We must cast down imaginations and every HIGH THING that will exalt itself against THE KNOWLEDGE OF GOD and bring every THOUGHT to the obedience of Jesus Christ!

ThePerfectScore

This your view, not God's. Your distorted view of Jesus Christ and Your distorted view of God, for it is not THE LORD God All Mighty who is the same, yesterday, today and forever.

Thank you for your response and this is is why I said MY GOD MY Christ...so please feel free to read my elaborated response. And I give you full permission to judge me.

You are right - weddings are important to God.

If you dont mind me asking - who is this christ and god you are referring to that supports homosexual marriage and relationships?

There may be many things that are up for debate, but if you are referring to the God of the Holy Bible this is not one of them.

Please elaborate.

I just want to thank you so much for not attacking me, but instead asking me to elaborate what I believe. I really thank you and respect you for being such a mature person.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
No worries, Shimmie. I didn’t take your comments personally. You brought a lot of things to my attention. I guess my problem is balance. I think I struggle with the balance between loving a child unconditionally and not condoning their sins. At the end of the day, I wouldn’t condone my child lying or stealing and those are sins. So, why would I condone a relationship that is not recognized by God?
:kiss: I know your heart with is filled with so much love and compassion.

When I was raising my children, there were always challenges to what I wanted to yield to just to make them happy, but I knew better, that their spiritual lives were far more important and believe me, it has paid off with rich and royal dividends.

God never fails us; He is faithful that promised and the Cross was not in vain. Redemption and repentance is for the homosexuals as well as anyone else. :love2:

cutiebe2

In all honesty, I do feel that the Bible is a very, very Extremely important text. Not only for its cultural and sociological significance, but also as a historical record.
The concept of evolution and creationism is a whoooole other can of worms, yet also I think the two concepts can exist together.

I skim your post but these two segments popped out at me and I really agree.

The issues of homosexuality is a whole other thing that I rally don't want to go into. What I will say is that I think its sad the the Christian faith has lost its ability to have debates about the literature of the Bible. For some reason if we admit that there are some slight contradictions or things that don't add up 100% the whole faith will fall which is not true. These writings were written by a group of people who were creating a movement. I am taking a class now of the New Testament and I love it. It is teaching me what I was not learning in Bible study and I have grown in my faith and understanding. There are some contradictions because people did not always agree. Paul did not always agree with Peter. But in that day they embraced that fact and tried to use discussion on the formation of the Christian faith to help it grow.
There is a Jewish student in my class who was telling us it is very odd to her how decisive wanting to discuss or question parts of the Bible is to Christians. In the Jewish faith they do it often, and in their studies they refer to several text which are discussion about the context of the holy scripture. But in this discussion and questioning they grow. I love to always question "what did the author mean by this?" "why would he say that?". I also question if my interpretation is from a 21st century POV. Many of the things we think the bible is saying is talking about something TOTALLY different that was applicable to greco-roman world, not really ours.

For the second point. I agree, I think both creationsim and evolution fit together. By taking a science class I found this to me more true. Just the wonder of who the earth and humans came to be was so great that it could have only been started my God. In fact, scientist still have no idea where the big bang came from...I believe it was divine. Then the evolution of the solar system, the earth, and finally humanity was so great that only God was present there too:yep:

Last edited:

ThePerfectScore

I want to specifically response to parts of your post:

This your view, not God's. Your distorted view of Jesus Christ and Your distorted view of God, for it is not THE LORD God All Mighty who is the same, yesterday, today and forever.

God is God and He changes not. Not for society's weakness, not for compromise of His Sovereinty, not His Word and most certainly not because of satan's distortion of marriage and sexuality.

God is not some form of clay where we can re-shape and mold Him into what we want Him to be. He's God and He changes NOT. He is who He is and always will be.

God is NOT in a gay wedding. Never will He ever be. It's confusion and God is not the author of confusion. There's something very distorted about this; it's not a marriage. It's an afront, an insult to the ho

liness and the sacredness of marriage and the intent and purpose that God designed it to be.

Now if 'you' or anyone else wants to support homosexuality, then by all means do so; it's your free will. But it's not God's will. When situations such as this come up, please leave God out of it. Don't lie on Him. Do not even attempt to associate neither relate Him and His standard, nor His Holiness to this heresy. It's a lie from the Father of lies, which is satan.

Just be truthful, say it's 'your' view and leave God out of satan's distorted mess. satan has 'you' fooled, deceived, hood winked, bedazzled in his confusion. Anyone with any knowledge of the Holy Spirit is fully aware of what is God and what isn't. homosexuality is NOT of God. Never was, never will be. It's clear and plain in God's word and in His nature and in the way he designed us.

No where in God's word will you or anyone else see any support of homosexuality. No where. So when you proclaim your support of homosexuality, leave God out of it. He's not there.

It may be true that God does not change, how ever people do change. Our societies change, our thoughts change, our perceptions change, our attitudes change. Whether it be for better of for worse, humans are ever evolving and finding new ways to explain the world around that. I clearly explain it in my super long post. But basically, the way in which humans understand the nature of God changes.

As far as GOD is not in a GAY wedding. In my opinion, I need to correct you on that. GOD is not in any wedding that was not created with the foundation of mutual love, support, devotion, dedication, and faithfulness to the other person. I think people need to get married for the right reason. Not to get married b/c they have a baby, not for financial reason, but for love and a connection of the spirits. So I think GOD wasn't in a lot of heterosexual marriages just like he isn't in a lot of homosexual marriages. And I say Marriages and not wedding, b/c I wedding is one day, a marriage is forever. So you need to have God in your marriage.... and in order to have that it is not a matter of genitalia, but a matter of the content in a person's heart and how much they love the other.

ThePerfectScore

I skim your post but these two segments popped out at me and I really agree.

The issues of homosexuality is a whole other thing that I rally don't want to go into. What I will say is that I think its sad the the Christian faith has lost its ability to have debates about the literature of the Bible. For some reason if we admit that there are some slight contradictions or things that don't add up 100% the whole faith will fall which is not true. These writings were written by a group of people who were creating a movement. I am taking a class now of the New Testament and I love it. It is teaching me what I was not learning in Bible study and I have grown in my faith and understanding. There are some contradictions because people did not always agree. Paul did not always agree with Peter. But in that day they embraced that fact and tried to use discussion on the formation of the Christian faith to help it grow.
There is a Jewish student in my class who was telling us it is very odd to her how decisive wanting to discuss or question parts of the Bible is to Christians. In the Jewish faith they do it often, and in their studies they refer to several text which are discussion about the context of the holy scripture. But in this discussion and questioning they grow. I love to always question "what did the author mean by this?" "why would he say that?". I also question if my interpretation is from a 21st century POV. Many of the things we think the bible is saying is talking about something TOTALLY different that was applicable to greco-roman world, not really ours.

For te second point. I agree, I think both creationsim and evolution fit together. By taking a science class I found this to me more true. Just the wonder of who the earth and humans came to be was so great that it could have only been started my God. In fact, scientist still have no idea where the big bang came from...I believe it was divine. Then the evolution of the solar system, the earth, and finally humanity was so great that only God was present there too:yep:

Thank you for this! Its sad when I am more afraid to talk about Christianity with other Christians than I am to talk about my religion with my Hindu, Muslim, Atheists, Jewish, and Buddhist friends. I have soo my friends that come from so many backgrounds, and we often have very open and blunt conversations about various "taboo" topics from religion, to politics, homosexuality, etc. We always start off to agree to disagree, which is why we have remained such strong friends. I may say some very politically incorrect or even religiously incorrect things, but my heart and intentions are always in a good place. When I talk to the majority of Christitans of various generations about my beliefs more often than not I get shut down, condemed, and I feel even judge. I feel like for people who are supposed to be Christ like, they aren't acting very much like the Christ I know. The Christ who hung out with the bottom of the bottom in society, the leperds, the drunks, the prostitutes. The Christ who helped the poor and downcast. The Christ who listened and didn't judge. The Christ who loved unconditionally even those that sin. I don't get that personification of Christ when I talk to many Christians. And it makes me sooo sad that we as a people cannot openly discuss and dissect things about the Bible we like and things about the Bible we dislike.

Last edited:

tenjoy

I would not attend the wedding. I will not support my kids when they make choices that go against my beliefs.

Will you at least respect their beliefs? Will you respect the fact that they are their own person who is entitiled to choose what they believe?

Shimmie

Staff member
Thank you for your response and this is is why I said MY GOD MY Christ...so please feel free to read my elaborated response. And I give you full permission to judge me.

I can't judge you. :giveheart: I'm going to reply to the topic and what your reply is saying. But this is not a personal judgment upon you.

The perception which is shared in your posts is nothing new. There are many, many, MANY who profess to be Christians and choose not to see the Bible as God's word, ibut rather they choose to see ita as words from man, instead. So how then can the perception that one has, who suppports homosexuality, be valid; for that too is of man?

satan is a Master Deceiver and he has never stopped trying to destroy God's image and God's creation and the orginal intent God has for humanity. homosexuality is not God's intent and never will be.

So what does satan do? he deceives anyone who will open themselves up to him with theories, perceptions, and opinions to discount the Truth of God's word and what it means.

The Bible 'proves' itsself. It's prophesies never fail. This topic on homosexuality is a prophesy which has come to pass. That men and women would turn to one of the same sex with 'unnatural affections'. There is nothing 'natural' about two men sexually interacting; neither is it natural for two women.

Unless we take the Bible literally as God's word, then we are open to satan's massive destruction. The Bible even speaks of natural disasters taking place. We've seen such disasaters as never before (Katrina and Ike). The Middle East wars are prophesies which have come to pass; our ecomomy is prophesied. The diversity of diseases are prophesied. All that we read in God's Word, the Bible is true. It is not created by man. God is not a Supreme Being ... He's above that ... He's God and there is no other above Him. Nor will there ever be. :nono:

You take care and may you grow in the true love and knowledge of God and with the understanding and the hope of His calling. May you know the Truth for the Truth that you know will set you free. Indeed. :giveheart:

Shimmie

Staff member
Will you at least respect their beliefs? Will you respect the fact that they are their own person who is entitiled to choose what they believe?
Not attending a gay wedding is not disrespecting them. :nono:

This is nothing to rejoice about. A gay wedding is a tradegy. Who'd want to witness that. Especially a loving parent who knows and respects the Truth. homosexuals cannot save themselves. They need a Saviour and they have one. They have Jesus. Why on earth as a Christian parent, would anyone want to support that which deters their child from Salvation.

Understand something about guests at a wedding. Everyone who attends a wedding are there to make a statement and a Covenant that says, we support and agree with this union taking place. It's not a show, it's a ceremony of worship and all who attend are worhipping (honoring) the union taking place.

NOW anyone who is a true follower of Jesus Christ cannot do this. :nono: for it is an afront to the Lord God whom we truly honor, worhip and serve. It's a mockery and the devil is sitting right there in the face of God, having a hayday. satan who is the 'accuser of the brethren', there laughing before God and point at the gay persons, saying, it this what you paid for in Blood?

Of course God says, Yes, I gave them my best. And it's up to them to receive it.

If one loves this gay couple so much, than why support them straight to hell? Where's the respect for them there?

A gay marriage is NOT marriage ordained of God. It is unrepented sin.

tenjoy

God is God and He changes not. Not for society's weakness, not for compromise of His Sovereinty, not His Word and most certainly not because of satan's distortion of marriage and sexuality.

God is not some form of clay where we can re-shape and mold Him into what we want Him to be. He's God and He changes NOT. He is who He is and always will be.

God is NOT in a gay wedding. Never will He ever be. It's confusion and God is not the author of confusion. There's something very distorted about this; it's not a marriage. It's an afront, an insult to the holiness and the sacredness of marriage and the intent and purpose that God designed it to be.

Now if 'you' or anyone else wants to support homosexuality, then by all means do so; it's your free will. But it's not God's will. When situations such as this come up, please leave God out of it. Don't lie on Him. Do not even attempt to associate neither relate Him and His standard, nor His Holiness to this heresy. It's a lie from the Father of lies, which is satan.

Just be truthful, say it's 'your' view and leave God out of satan's distorted mess. satan has 'you' fooled, deceived, hood winked, bedazzled in his confusion. Anyone with any knowledge of the Holy Spirit is fully aware of what is God and what isn't. homosexuality is NOT of God. Never was, never will be. It's clear and plain in God's word and in His nature and in the way he designed us.

No where in God's word will you or anyone else see any support of homosexuality. No where. So when you proclaim your support of homosexuality, leave God out of it. He's not there.

And when your running around shaming people, pointing fingers and judging in the name of GOD, He is not there.

Shimmie

Staff member
I want to specifically response to parts of your post:

It may be true that God does not change, how ever people do change. Our societies change, our thoughts change, our perceptions change, our attitudes change. Whether it be for better of for worse, humans are ever evolving and finding new ways to explain the world around that. I clearly explain it in my super long post. But basically, the way in which humans understand the nature of God changes.

As far as GOD is not in a GAY wedding. In my opinion, I need to correct you on that. GOD is not in any wedding that was not created with the foundation of mutual love, support, devotion, dedication, and faithfulness to the other person. I think people need to get married for the right reason. Not to get married b/c they have a baby, not for financial reason, but for love and a connection of the spirits. So I think GOD wasn't in a lot of heterosexual marriages just like he isn't in a lot of homosexual marriages. And I say Marriages and not wedding, b/c I wedding is one day, a marriage is forever. So you need to have God in your marriage.... and in order to have that it is not a matter of genitalia, but a matter of the content in a person's heart and how much they love the other.
Actually there's nothing new under the sun. No matter what 'changes' occur. Therefore nothing justifies a gay marriage nor proves God's support of it.

Shimmie

Staff member
The things that are going on in the world comes from the sin of disobedience. As mankind continue to willfully sin, we will see greater things happening in the world....

WE AIN'T SEEN NUTHIN YET!:nono:

As christians, we are supposed to be concerned about the souls of mankind. That's what the Lord has commissioned us to do. Jesus stepped on lots of toes in His time on the earth and He is still stepping on toes while living and working in true believers! It's called TOUGH LOVE!

The bible says this:
“For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth. If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not? But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.”
(Hebrews 12:6-8). KJV

And I love it here in The Message:

My dear child, don't shrug off God's discipline, but don't be crushed by it either. It's the child he loves that he disciplines; the child he embraces, he also corrects.

God is educating you; that's why you must never drop out. He's treating you as dear children. This trouble you're in isn't punishment; it's training, the normal experience of children. Only irresponsible parents leave children to fend for themselves. Would you prefer an irresponsible God? We respect our own parents for training and not spoiling us, so why not embrace God's training so we can truly live? While we were children, our parents did what seemed best to them. But God is doing what is best for us, training us to live God's holy best. At the time, discipline isn't much fun. It always feels like it's going against the grain. Later, of course, it pays off handsomely, for it's the well-trained who find themselves mature in their relationship with God.

We will continue to proclaim what God desires and not back down nor give a place to the devil. If we have to shout it from the rooftops, that we will do, because its the right thing to do.

I don't like to see blood....nor do I want it on my hands. We all will answer for the things we do to our bodies...and our thought process is apart of our body.

We must cast down imaginations and every HIGH THING that will exalt itself against THE KNOWLEDGE OF GOD and bring every THOUGHT to the obedience of Jesus Christ!
Sis, remember what I shared in the other thread about what was coming into this forum?

It hit! :yep::yep::yep: It's hitting big time. I told you that a spirit proclaiming God and Christianity was coming to disqualify God's word.

:thud: Lawd a mercy! :nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono:

meka

This is nothing to rejoice about. A gay wedding is a tradegy. Who'd want to witness that. Especially a loving parent who knows and respects the Truth. homosexuals cannot save themselves. They need a Saviour and they have one. They have Jesus. Why on earth as a Christian parent, would anyone want to support that which deters their child from Salvation.

Understand something about guests at a wedding. Everyone who attends a wedding are there to make a statement and a Covenant that says, we support and agree with this union taking place. It's not a show, it's a ceremony of worship and all who attend are worhipping (honoring) the union taking place.

NOW anyone who is a true follower of Jesus Christ cannot do this. :nono: for it is an afront to the Lord God whom we truly honor, worhip and serve. It's a mockery and the devil is sitting right there in the face of God, having a hayday. satan who is the 'accuser of the brethren', there laughing before God and point at the gay persons, saying, it this what you paid for in Blood?

Of course God says, Yes, I gave them my best. And it's up to them to receive it.

If one loves this gay couple so much, than why support them straight to hell? Where's the respect for them there?

A gay marriage is NOT marriage ordained of God. It is unrepented sin.[/quote]

Yeah, I bolded your WHOLE post b/c I agree and its biblical whether folks like it or not!!!

tenjoy

A gay marriage is NOT marriage ordained of God. It is unrepented sin.

Shimmie no one said it would be disrepecting them. I asked a question. I asked would she at least respect their decision, the question had nothing to do with the wedding.

I see you are the authority of who is/is not a "true follower" of Christ. Jesus came to save the sinners not the righteous.

I never said gay marraige was ordained by God. In fact, I think everyone sort of acknowledges that.

Shimmie

Staff member
And when your running around shaming people, pointing fingers and judging in the name of GOD, He is not there.
I'm speaking the Truth dear. And I'm not afraid to speak it. I won't be intimidated into backing into a corner, in fear of speaking up on this subject or any other.

Do you really think that you're the first and surely not the last person to accuse me of what you said above. It's because of my stand, that God can trust me not to whimper and go coward. If a person is in sin, there is shame to it.

And dear one I say this in love. You may not believe it and you don't have to. That's your perception. There's a 'call' on my life to speak the Truth and not care who/ what / when / where it's accepted or not. I'm not afraid of the devil who will use any tactic to squelch and defy God's word. It won't be me. :nono:

honosexuals are not helpless, mindless souls. As one of their supporters in this thread pointed out, they are 'consenting adults. And I will tell you, these 'consenting adults' have made their own choices upon which they will be judged.

Face up to it. The Truth isn't going to stop just because you or someone else doesn't like it. I'm not called to back down from it, so don't expect me to.

Ramya

First of all we are called to love one another. Loving one another does not mean that we have to agree with, go along with or react or act in a positive manner as perceived by the recipient. God loved us BEFORE we loved Him. He gave us a way out when we rejected Him. So He loved us despite our negative emotion and action toward Him.

I typed that to say that you can love someone unconditionally (with God's love) and be perceived as negative. Me loving you does not mean doing what you want me to do. I can love you as my child and not go to your wedding. That does not mean that I don't love you.

Shimmie

Staff member

A gay marriage is NOT marriage ordained of God. It is unrepented sin. [/quote]

meka said:
Yeah, I bolded your WHOLE post b/c I agree and its biblical whether folks like it or not!!!

Exactly meka. It's the devil who doesn't like it. And I don't care. he's not the boss of me.

If anything he's using the gay agenda to his advantage. he could care less about homosexuals; he's pimping them to his agenda and then tossing them to the curb when he done with them. The same way satan does with everyone.

I'm not afraid of satan. :nono:

Aggie

Interesting question hairlove. Now I have been a Christian for 10 years and I would not think twice about the choice I would make here - which incidently is no I wouldn't attend this type of wedding no matter who was getting married.

Firstly, I truly feel that I would grieve the Holy Spirit with just my presence there. Remember He lives in me and I take Him wherever I go and to be honest I cannot take HIM to a homosexual wedding, like I said before, no matter who was getting married.

The Lord Jesus has made it perfectly clear that if we choose His way, we shall be blessed by Him and we will be persecuted by the world. There will be those who will judge and criticize me for making such a choice but I will gladly endure their persecution for my Lord Jesus' sake. Hmmm, let's see now, who is more important here, my child or the Lord Jesus Christ? I have made up my mind that I love the Lord more than the world and it's practices.

This would not in any way change or alter my love for my child and I would make that clear to him/her, but this act is appalling to the Lord and I cannot in any way support it and I make no apologies for my choice.

Divine_Order

Many people will NOT agree with my statements. I accept that, this is why I said MY to emphasis it is personal to me and not to take away from any other person’s personal beliefs. But I believe that The Bible was written by people for people to explain the unexplainable. I do believe that all religions are a human construct, but that is not to say however, there is no God. I think it is quite ignorant to believe that there is no God, because it is obvious that there is a supernatural being or beings plural that are more powerful than human beings.

That being said in my opinion, The Bible is not the ultimate word of "God", because I feel like if the Bible was the ultimate truth then there is no room for alternate interpretations. Human beings are incapable of fully understanding what is the truth behind life, that is why we are humans and not Gods. And it is quite apparent that there are millions upon millions of different translations of the Bible. You can look at 5 different and equally acceptable translations of the Biblical text, and you can infer thousands of different meanings. The Bible has been edited and reworked for thousands of years, I know for a fact something was lost in translation from the tablets the ideas were originally transcribed on and from the Bibles you can buy from Barns and Nobel today. It is impossible to preserve all the aspects of the Bible throughout the times. People’s modes of thinking, attitudes and perceptions are constantly evolving. Society is dynamic and you cannot keep the same interpretation of something throughout the years.

It’s all a matter of perspective; perspective that changes form one era to another, a perspective that is not constant among individuals. The Bible is the ultimate game of Telephone (Telephone game is when you say a sentence and whisper it to another person. And they pass it on and on until you get to the last person, and they say what they think the original statement is. You compare the last statement with the first statement. Almost always the statement gets misconstrued). And if you read the Bible (and I have not read it cover to cover) but from what I have read that book has some of the most racist, misogynistic, and prejudicial ideas in the world. I honestly do not have the time to find examples from the text itself to prove my point. And for a person to truly prove me wrong on that point, they would have to have read every single translation of the Bible that has ever circulated on this earth, because like I said before the way in which the concepts of the Bible are presented vary with each individual interpretation. Also, who is to say that the Bible is more truthful than another religious texts (e.g. the Qur'an)?

In all honesty, I do feel that the Bible is a very, very Extremely important text. Not only for its cultural and sociological significance, but also as a historical record. But mind you, what we consider history is not necessarily what actually occured. The Historian shapes the history. History is not what happened, but what is remembered. Over all I have no problem with the Bible because it helps so many people live an honorable life. The Bible and its interpretations have been the catalyst for some of the most beautiful and inspirational positive actions on earth. In contrast, the Bible has also spearheaded some of the most horrific and cruelest of all human actions. So as a thinking, full engaged, intelligent individual, I simply cannot accept what is given to me just because someone says it is true. I like to explore alternate possibilities and from my own life experiences formulate my own religious belief. I think religion is such a personal thing, that no established institutions have the right to force you to follow something you do not believe it.

Now when it comes to the Bible, I know it does not accept homosexuality. They group homosexuality on the same level as having sex with animals. But I however, do not believe homosexuality is a perversion of human sexuality. Perversions of sexuality, in my opinion, include pedophilia, bestiality, any sexual act that is not consensual between two adults with the mental capacity to be fully aware of the actions in which they are engaging, and the consequces of said actions. Homosexuality does not fit my idea of perversion. I think it is a very sad sad thought that romantic love can be confined to only male and female. Love is such a powerful and beautiful experience of the human reality. Love comes from a connection of spirits, not a connection of body parts. So if two spirits come together and feel a positive romantic connection of devotion and respect for each other, who am I to say they are not allowed to express that in the same way I’m allowed to as a heterosexual.

People are born with a rudimentary sexual identity then society shapes what God gave us. I think the confusion about sexuality comes from the disconnect between what a person innately feels within their mind, body, and soul and what society tells them is the correct way to be. When a person’s feelings conflict with their socialization anxiety occurs and this anxiety is why so many people cannot accept themselves for the way God made them. Again, this is only my opinion, but sexuality is on a spectrum and most people fall more in the middle. I doubt anyone is 100% homosexual or 100% heterosexual. Our physiological responses to sexual attraction do not lie. You can consciously say you have never been sexually attracted to the opposite sex, but if I had the time I could clearly prove to you that sexual attraction is not as static as we make it seem. A psychologist named Chivers in 2009 expanded research on human sexuality and the brain. The research findings were amazing and basically they recorded physiological signs of sexual arousal of men and women who self identify themselves as either heterosexual and homosexual. And these people watched sexually explicit video of heterosexual sex, and both gay and lesbian sex, and the researches measured how turned on they got. The experiment proved that people are aroused by types of people that they would not consciously identify themselves as being sexually attracted to. In addition, the animal world apart from Humans has tons of evidence of homosexuality. The most notable is the Bonobo chimps, which are mentally and behaviorally so close to humans that they are a great example as to how humans function. Granted the chimps are not humans, so it is impossible for them to fully explain the human condition, but they are as close as we can get without tons of legal and ethical issues that come with using Human beings as research subjects. I learned about the Bonobo chimps in my Anthropology class. The concept of evolution and creationism is a whoooole other can of worms, yet also I think the two concepts can exist together.

This is a great elaboration!:yep: The whole thing really saddens me. Yes, I do believe in God, but I many times have a hard time believing some of man's interpretations of the Bible. :ohwell:

Aggie

Exactly!

We cannot compromise with our emotions. It leads to sin and disobedience; it leads to hardening our hearts to God's voice. We will begin to 'block' Him out, for what He is asking of us, doesn't agree with our emotional perceptions.

Indeed as much as I love my children, I love their souls all the more. Our emotions are how satan has deceived so many into compromising their stand with the Word of God; and even worse, 'missing God.'

God will also test us to see just how we are faithful to Him and what we believe Him to be in our lives.

Consider Abraham. God asked him to take Issac, his long awaited promise and 'sacrifice' him upon the altar. Broken hearted, Abraham agreed to obey the order of God. And at the very point when Abraham was about to carry out the procedure of 'sacrifice', God said, "Do not lay a hand upon the lad, for I have given you a sacrifice; a ram in the thicket."

Abraham had to trust God... period! Don't think for one minute that it was 'killing' him to have his son look up at him, knowing that his father was preparing him as a blood sacrifice. Young Issac knew what the procedure was. Issac was not put to sleep; neither was he hypnotised.

The little lad was fully awake and he knew from seeing his father performed this task many, many times, what was about to happen to him. Imagine the terror of seeing the knife coming upon him as his father raised it to complete what he was commanded to do. As heartbreaking as it was, Abraham, still followed the path of obedience. The pain of taking his son's life, killing him inside. Yet in his obedience, God stepped in with the Ram in the bush....

Any Christian parent, with a homosexual son or daughter who plan to marry into a dead zone, with another person of the same sex; one thing has to be considered.

THIS IS NOT A MARRIAGE! Not in God's eyes, God's ordain, nor that of humanity, period! The grief is not in not attending this 'farce' of demonic confusion, but in the loss of your son or daugher's soul.

As much as it grieved Abraham to place his son upon the altar of sacrifice, he still carried it out and God redeemed his son, Issac's life. Because Abraham chose not to succomb to his emotions and ignore the order of God, God then rewarded his faith by giving his son back to him.

As much as it may grieve a Christian parent to not 'be there for their son/daughter, it is better that they 'sacrifice' instead, the disappointment; the look of saddness in their child's eyes, for in turn, God will 'redeem' this son or daughter that satan tried to destroy.

Believe God as Abraham did. For did not God promise Abraham, Issac? Did not God tell Abraham and Sarah that their son would endure and be blessed; that nations would be named after him?

Parents when we have surrendered our children to the Lord, He WILL take care of them when we can't. In the same manner that we would not give our children drugs, we cannot support the sin of homosexuality and it's doom be it here on earth or in eternity.

God spoke to Abraham, This is not your Destiny...

Likewise to our sons and daughters, "My child, this lifestyle is not your Destiny, neither is it your definement in humanity.

Take to another level. God turned away from Jesus upon the cross, momentarily, when the heaviest weight of the sins came upon Him. Yet He was always there, waiting for the very moment to redeem Him.

There comes in time in our lives when we must 'turn away' from our emotions for our children, for their greater good. We can't give in to the wims that satan has our children bound. Neither can we give into what others may say or think of us. Our focus must be to please and obey God. That's what Abraham did. He obeyed God, not folks opinions or emotions. There are no 'what if's about this.' We instead, must refrain from such and give in to God for the better of their lives.

The answer is 'No'... I would not go. Instead, I put my child under the Blood of the Real Sacrifice, the Blood of Jesus. I want my child redeemed.

Amen :love2:

The only one who disagrees is the devil; of which I could care less.

I could not have said this better myself Shimmie...

Divine_Order

Disclaimer- I understand this is a Christian forum...and I in no means am trying to argue with anyone about their beliefs. But I do want to speak my peace (I meant to type "peace")

But for the longest time, I always thought of the Ten Commandments being the ultimate way of leading a Christian life. If everyone lived their lives by those rules, we would not even have this topic to debate over. Love your neighbor as you love yourself....those are some powerful words to me. The action itself is a powerful one. Having the ability to love someone...flaws an all...is a great feat to accomplish. As far as I'm concerned, as long as no one is trying to inflict any negative energy towards my being or my spirituality I'm fine. I leave all judgement of human action to God, as He is the Father of us all. As long as I am doing my part to make sure that those around me are at peace....I feel that I am doing God's will. If my family member or friends want to have a homosexual union...then God bless them. If they are truly in the wrong, I will leave that up to God to handle...my job is to love them unconditionally.

Peace and Love ladies...

Last edited:

cutiebe2

Thank you for this! Its sad when I am more afraid to talk about Christianity with other Christians than I am to talk about my religion with my Hindu, Muslim, Atheists, Jewish, and Buddhist friends. I have soo my friends that come from so many backgrounds, and we often have very open and blunt conversations about various "taboo" topics from religion, to politics, homosexuality, etc. We always start off to agree to disagree, which is why we have remained such strong friends. I may say some very politically incorrect or even religiously incorrect things, but my heart and intentions are always in a good place. When I talk to the majority of Christitans of various generations about my beliefs more often than not I get shut down, condemed, and I feel even judge. I feel like for people who are supposed to be Christ like, they aren't acting very much like the Christ I know. The Christ who hung out with the bottom of the bottom in society, the leperds, the drunks, the prostitutes. The Christ who helped the poor and downcast. The Christ who listened and didn't judge. The Christ who loved unconditionally even those that sin. I don't get that personification of Christ when I talk to many Christians. And it makes me sooo sad that we as a people cannot openly discuss and dissect things about the Bible we like and things about the Bible we dislike.
I have also been shunned so I just keep my mouth shut on what I believe and others do the same. Its never God I fear but MAN. Its like people cannot believe that I have the relationship I do with God. I know what God is saying and I am very clear. But it seems like the whole issues of discussing the Bible is so wrong to people. I really don't care but I follow God, not humans. Critiquing the bible has not caused me to denounce anything or bring any sins into my life. I respect the fact that marriage is between a man and a woman. Civil unions is a different story. I am still trying to figure out my thoughts on homosexuality because it is not as clear cut as people make it seem. I plan to really seek God, study the bible and really find out what he says. To just blindly follow man who told me what God said, or gave me scripture to read and interpreted them for me would not be following God.

Damn fanatics.
:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

cutiebe2

I can't judge you. :giveheart: I'm going to reply to the topic and what your reply is saying. But this is not a personal judgment upon you.

The perception which is shared in your posts is nothing new. There are many, many, MANY who profess to be Christians and choose not to see the Bible as God's word, ibut rather they choose to see ita as words from man, instead. So how then can the perception that one has, who suppports homosexuality, be valid; for that too is of man?

satan is a Master Deceiver and he has never stopped trying to destroy God's image and God's creation and the orginal intent God has for humanity. homosexuality is not God's intent and never will be.

So what does satan do? he deceives anyone who will open themselves up to him with theories, perceptions, and opinions to discount the Truth of God's word and what it means.

The Bible 'proves' itsself. It's prophesies never fail. This topic on homosexuality is a prophesy which has come to pass. That men and women would turn to one of the same sex with 'unnatural affections'. There is nothing 'natural' about two men sexually interacting; neither is it natural for two women.

Unless we take the Bible literally as God's word, then we are open to satan's massive destruction. The Bible even speaks of natural disasters taking place. We've seen such disasaters as never before (Katrina and Ike). The Middle East wars are prophesies which have come to pass; our ecomomy is prophesied. The diversity of diseases are prophesied. All that we read in God's Word, the Bible is true. It is not created by man. God is not a Supreme Being ... He's above that ... He's God and there is no other above Him. Nor will there ever be. :nono:

You take care and may you grow in the true love and knowledge of God and with the understanding and the hope of His calling. May you know the Truth for the Truth that you know will set you free. Indeed. :giveheart:
It is not as simple as one or the other. Trust, God was in every mans heart as he wrote Gospel's, Acts, or messages (apostles). At the same time, as I have learned, these people did not know their writings were going to be made into "The Bible". Paul wrote to Philemon not so that he could instruct all people, but so he could instruct Philemon!! We are reading a letter between friends. In these times people did not have all the answers of how the Christian faith should opperate, Paul did not think the same as Peter. This is all so interesting to me. It does not mean that these writers were maliciously spreading "lies" or that Satan was present. It just shows that like all people, they had a journey to their faith. Paul came into the faith and many of this views changed at the same time.

Also, the topic they were discussing shows the times they lived in. The pull from Judiasm and the greco-roman world was strong. There was so much going on and so much that followers of Jesus had to go through and that is present in the bible. We learned how many things that they instructed people to do were heavily influenced by the fact the Chritians were being percecuted, and the authors or many of the writings many not have told them to do that if they were not living in a stressfull area.

I could go on and on becuase I just love reading about the early Christian movement and how or faith came about. There is so much to learn. I just wish that we could stop acting like the bible is pefect and packaged, made by a group of people who knew everything there was to know and had nothing to discuss. We are doing a diservice to the Bible which has such character and so much to explore. Some times I read somethings and once I find out the circumstances behind it I smile, because its not the same as some Christians would tell me...but I know both God and Jesus are smiling with me because I have come to know them for MYSELF and not for what people want to tell me they are. And I hope that more Christians are able to do the same.

Ramya

I also don't understand the assumption that those opposed to homosexual relationships haven't studied the Word and prayed about it. People say they've studied and think that God would approve of a homosexual relationship and lifestyle yet when a Christian doesn't agree it's because they haven't studied or heard from God on the matter? Why is such a conclusion drawn? Are you not participating in the same behavior that you are accusing the other?

Status
Not open for further replies.