Poll: Do you attend your homosexual son's wedding?

Would you attend your homosexual son's wedding?

• Yes

Votes: 23 57.5%
  • No

Votes: 17 42.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

cutiebe2

I also don't understand the assumption that those opposed to homosexual relationships haven't studied the Word and prayed about it. People say they've studied and think that God would approve of a homosexual relationship and lifestyle yet when a Christian doesn't agree it's because they haven't studied or heard from God on matter? Why is such a conclusion drawn? Are you not participating in the same behavior that you are accusing the other?
I never said that and I don't think anyone else did. And what I am talking about is not limited to homosexuality (as I said above I plan on studying the scripture). I am saying that to denounce people or judge them for finding a different conclusion than yours is wrong. If you have come to the conclusion you have then I TOTALLY respect that:yep: And this supports my point. Study and exploration to find answers should be encouraged for all people, not just in a group but as individuals:yep:

Aggie

I'm speaking the Truth dear. And I'm not afraid to speak it. I won't be intimidated into backing into a corner, in fear of speaking up on this subject or any other.

Do you really think that you're the first and surely not the last person to accuse me of what you said above. It's because of my stand, that God can trust me not to whimper and go coward. If a person is in sin, there is shame to it.

And dear one I say this in love. You may not believe it and you don't have to. That's your perception. There's a 'call' on my life to speak the Truth and not care who/ what / when / where it's accepted or not. I'm not afraid of the devil who will use any tactic to squelch and defy God's word. It won't be me. :nono:

honosexuals are not helpless, mindless souls. As one of their supporters in this thread pointed out, they are 'consenting adults. And I will tell you, these 'consenting adults' have made their own choices upon which they will be judged.

Face up to it. The Truth isn't going to stop just because you or someone else doesn't like it. I'm not called to back down from it, so don't expect me to.

A M E N & again I say A M E N ! ! !

Ramya

I never said that and I don't think anyone else did. And what I am talking about is not limited to homosexuality (as I said above I plan on studying the scripture). I am saying that to denounce people or judge them for finding a different conclusion than yours is wrong. If you have come to the conclusion you have then I TOTALLY respect that:yep: And this supports my point. Study and exploration to find answers should be encouraged for all people, not just in a group but as individuals:yep:

I also didn't quote anyone but felt it needed to be shared. Who denounced anyone? The only person that got 'denounced' was satan and I hope nobody apologizes about that. ;). And to the bold, that has been encouraged on this forum repeatedly. I think most of us agree that one should study alone however, that does not downplay the importance of group discussion and studies. A group discussion/study can broaden your understanding of the subject matter. Fellowship is just as important. :yep:

tenjoy

Shimmie anyone who does not pay your back, you consider the devil. You my dear use the bible against people. You can profess your love for the lord, no one is telling you to sit quietly accept whatever comes. But people like you will act as if you have your wings already. YOU ARE NOT GOD! What are you doing for GOD but pointing out the good and bad. You need to learn how to talk to people and not at them. Show folks the path, don't just tell the they are off it.

Just because someone goes against your thoughts or views does not mean they don't love GOD. It does not mean they are the devil. It does not mean they are doing the devils work.

I have no judgment against people not wanting to attend a gay wedding. It's their decision and if they dont agree with it or if it is against their views/beliefs they shouldnt attend. I wouldn't attend my childs wedding if i strongly disagreed with her choice or spouse (man or woman).

Nice & Wavy

It's so amazing to me how a thread will be started with a question, people come in and give their answer, and then be called judgemental because of their answers.

I'm beginning to see a pattern here....and its sad.

Y'ALL carry on:nono:

Nice & Wavy

Sis, remember what I shared in the other thread about what was coming into this forum?

It hit! :yep::yep::yep: It's hitting big time. I told you that a spirit proclaiming God and Christianity was coming to disqualify God's word.

:thud: Lawd a mercy! :nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono:
Yes you did, sis...and it has no place here, in the Name of Jesus!

cutiebe2

I also didn't quote anyone but felt it needed to be shared. Who denounced anyone? The only person that got 'denounced' was satan and I hope nobody apologizes about that. ;). And to the bold, that has been encouraged on this forum repeatedly. I think most of us agree that one should study alone however, that does not downplay the importance of group discussion and studies. A group discussion/study can broaden your understanding of the subject matter. Fellowship is just as important. :yep:
I think the problem is that in the forum, if you come to one conclusion and other people have another you are pressured to conform, or just told your ideas come from satan without much discussion. Satan can enter our lives, but we should also be careful as discuss before naming things as such. I have not seen much civil discussion using biblical text, it doesn't turn out well it there are two different opinions. This has happened with a series of topics
In the end, I have seen some things in this thread. If you do not see the same things its fine....

tenjoy

I have also been shunned so I just keep my mouth shut on what I believe and others do the same. Its never God I fear but MAN. Its like people cannot believe that I have the relationship I do with God. I know what God is saying and I am very clear. But it seems like the whole issues of discussing the Bible is so wrong to people. I really don't care but I follow God, not humans. Critiquing the bible has not caused me to denounce anything or bring any sins into my life. I respect the fact that marriage is between a man and a woman. Civil unions is a different story. I am still trying to figure out my thoughts on homosexuality because it is not as clear cut as people make it seem. I plan to really seek God, study the bible and really find out what he says. To just blindly follow man who told me what God said, or gave me scripture to read and interpreted them for me would not be following God.

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

Loving what you say! I have no issue with people living and loving GOD, not at all. I love and believe in GOD too.

Some folks just get real high horsey with it and if you dont agree with how they say things, they think your trying to shut the down or put fear in them.

Ramya

I think the problem is that in the forum, if you come to one conclusion and other people have another you are pressured to conform, or just told your ideas come from satan without much discussion. Satan can enter our lives, but we should also be careful as discuss before naming things as such. I have not seen much civil discussion using biblical text, it doesn't turn out well it there are two different opinions. This has happened with a series of topics
In the end, I have seen some things in this thread. If you do not see the same things its fine....

But everything said about satan in the thread was true. he is a deceiver. There are very few things that everybody agrees on 100% and even in those we may not believe the same thing for the same reasons. Just like you've seen things that did not sit well with you, I've picked up on other things that don't sit right with me. You can discuss without agreeing or changing your position or calling people out of their names.

DarlingNikki

That comment is a famous cop-out. And you're right, God does know what's in your heart. You'd rather please someone else other than Him. You wish to please your son in his sin, rather than to please God in not participating in something that offends Him. Your actions and your heart say, God you are last in my heart, my son's sin is first.

Oh really? And who gave you the authority to assess and know without a shadow of a doubt what someone's true intentions are? Unless God typed that, all I see is a self-righteous human trying to play the role of God.

We're either for God or against God. We can't have it both ways. By making the comparison to a Christian/non Christian wedding, or a someone who has been divorced, is not a legitimate analogy.Marriage is between a man and a woman....period.

No matter if they are divorced, or of opposite faiths; if it's male and female, God will honor it.

NOW the one thing about those marrying of opposite faiths, is that the non Christian can become a Christian. There's scripture to back this up. As well as one who has divorced, can ask for forgiveness and be forgiven. However..... there is no redemption for a gay couple who call themselves married. The only redemption for them is to repent from homosexuality and not be married. There is no other recourse.

Two same-sex adults do not a marriage make. It is not recognized by God as such and it never will be.

And because God is a forgiving God, I am sure he would also accept my heart felt repentance if I decided to show some tolerance and attended my gay child's celebration :yep:. You can just chalk that up to me being an imperfect human....which of course I am. And you too.

AND............. before anyone makes a statement regarding unequally yoked, etc. is a sin, then you are ADMITTING that two homosexuals marrying is a sin as well. Therefore there is no justification for it. None!

Now if one wants to support it, that's their choice. Go for it. Celebrate, jump for joy. Just don't try and make it appear acceptable in the eyes of God. He's no where in it to be found and He never will be. :nono:

Folks who call themselves Christians and support this mess need a grip. A serious grip on reality, that it has absolutely nothing to do with God. Nothing. Therefore it is not a marriage and it never will be one.

People can call it marriage all day long, but that's no different than calling a giraffe a puppy or a kitten. Major difference.

gays calling themselves married, is a mockery of one of the most beautiful gifts of love that a man and woman can share. It's an offense, a disgrace; and it's all orchestrated by satan as a slap in God's face.

I never made the claim that homosexuality wasn't a sin, according to the Bible.

But I do agree: it would be my choice :yep:. And whatever choice I made would only be between myself and God to deal with.

tenjoy

Sis, remember what I shared in the other thread about what was coming into this forum?

It hit! :yep::yep::yep: It's hitting big time. I told you that a spirit proclaiming God and Christianity was coming to disqualify God's word.

:thud: Lawd a mercy! :nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono:

That spirit must live quite close to you for you to know it was coming.

ThePerfectScore

I'm speaking the Truth dear. And I'm not afraid to speak it. I won't be intimidated into backing into a corner, in fear of speaking up on this subject or any other.

Do you really think that you're the first and surely not the last person to accuse me of what you said above. It's because of my stand, that God can trust me not to whimper and go coward. If a person is in sin, there is shame to it.

And dear one I say this in love. You may not believe it and you don't have to. That's your perception. There's a 'call' on my life to speak the Truth and not care who/ what / when / where it's accepted or not. I'm not afraid of the devil who will use any tactic to squelch and defy God's word. It won't be me. :nono:

honosexuals are not helpless, mindless souls. As one of their supporters in this thread pointed out, they are 'consenting adults. And I will tell you, these 'consenting adults' have made their own choices upon which they will be judged.

Face up to it. The Truth isn't going to stop just because you or someone else doesn't like it. I'm not called to back down from it, so don't expect me to.

This is such a true statement. But in all honest NON OF US has the truth. B/c if the Truth was as blatantly obvious as many religious followers deem it to be, then there would be no room for discussion. Yet, God gave us free will to interpret life in any way we see fit. Interpretation is not truth, but the truth still exists, we just cannot access it. And never once did I say that I spoke the ultimate truth. Everything I said I phrased with the clause of "in my opinion" or " I believe". To be fair I never said that anyone should agree with what I said. This is where I think people are disconnecting to the Christian Message, because people leave no room for interpretation. No room for human error. It is a known fact that humans are not perfect. We are not morally sound in our action nor in our thoughts. We can only try to do what is right. But when that right is not clearly stated and you are getting trillions of definitions of right then its hard to say that YOU KNOW THE TRUTH. You are only speaking your reality, but we can stand in the exact same room, looking at the exact same spot, but our realty of that room is completely different, but both realities exist equally. So for all you "Christians" out there who feel like your truth is the ultimate truth, sit down and think about how much you really don't know because that is a humbling thought. And humility is something lacking in this world. Outcasting people as the "other" more often than not just hides the transgressions we commit ourselves.

Last edited:

Ramya

I believe we can know the truth. I agree that we don't know everything but the truth is not hard to find. All we have to do is ask God and listen to HIS response outside of what we want, feel and think. We have free will but we can also choose to follow HIS will. My will means absolutely nothing. What I think means nothing. What I feel means nothing. At the end of the day I am not my own.

Maracujá

November 2020 --> 14 years natural!!!
I voted yes. Off topic: I was watching Noah's Arc: Jumping the Broom yesterday, the wedding was so beautiful, and the mothers of the grooms showed up:).

ThePerfectScore

I believe we can know the truth. I agree that we don't know everything but the truth is not hard to find. All we have to do is ask God and listen to HIS response outside of what we want, feel and think. We have free will but we can also choose to follow HIS will. My will means absolutely nothing. What I think means nothing. What I feel means nothing. At the end of the day I am not my own.

And tell me this how do you know that it is not "Satan" you are hearing? And if Satan is such a great deceiver, how do I know that you are not in fact Satan herself......:rolleyes:.... I'm just following your instructions All we have to do is ask God and listen to HIS response outside of what we want, feel and think. And now I'm doing the THINKING.

ETA: I agree that we don't know everything but the truth is not hard to find. So then if the truth is not hard to find, why don't we know everything?

Last edited:

MissNina

Libra Girl
To stay on the original topic :lol:, No, I wouldn't attend his wedding. I don't think homosexuality is one of those things you support or don't support, it's just the way some ppl are. . .however, I do NOT support gay marriage and would not be in attendance.

The Bible is clear on certain things and, even if you don't use the Leviticus scripture, if you go strictly off what Jesus said, He CLEARLY refers to men and women when discussing marriage. So it's safe to assume Jesus doesn't approve of it either. Scripture doesn't tell you whether or not to actually attend your gay son's wedding, but a relationship with God will guide you on the matter.

I truly believe none of us know what God will do when it comes time or how active of a role He plays in certain situations, but I personally don't believe that if you're living in a certain type of sin and do so without earnestly attempting to repent (not necessarily succeeding) that it is an automatic that God will forgive or overlook that. I truly don't. I think that's a lie most sects of Christianity tell us for whatever reason. I feel that about the messed up stuff I knowingly do as well. . .so it's not some double standard or hypocritical statement.

Ramya

And tell me this how do you know that it is not "Satan" you are hearing? And if Satan is such a great deceiver, how do I know that you are not in fact Satan herself......:rolleyes:.... I'm just following your instructions All we have to do is ask God and listen to HIS response outside of what we want, feel and think. And now I'm doing the THINKING.

ETA: I agree that we don't know everything but the truth is not hard to find. So then if the truth is not hard to find, why don't we know everything?

Because His word said to test the spirits. Meaning we can hear tons of different 'spirits' but we will know the Holy Spirit because it will line up with His word. :yep: I know my Father's voice, He has never deceived me nor has He gone against His word.

meka

This is such a true statement. But in all honest NON OF US has the truth. B/c if the Truth was as blatantly obvious as many religious followers deem it to be, then there would be no room for discussion. Yet, God gave us free will to interpret life in any way we see fit. Interpretation is not truth, but the truth still exists, we just cannot access it. And never once did I say that I spoke the ultimate truth. Everything I said I phrased with the clause of "in my opinion" or " I believe". To be fair I never said that anyone should agree with what I said. This is where I think people are disconnecting to the Christian Message, because people leave no room for interpretation. No room for human error. It is a known fact that humans are not perfect. We are not morally sound in our action nor in our thoughts. We can only try to do what is right. But when that right is not clearly stated and you are getting trillions of definitions of right then its hard to say that YOU KNOW THE TRUTH. You are only speaking your reality, but we can stand in the exact same room, looking at the exact same spot, but our realty of that room is completely different, but both realities exist equally. So for all you "Christians" out there who feel like your truth is the ultimate truth, sit down and think about how much you really don't know because that is a humbling thought. And humility is something lacking in this world. Outcasting people as the "other" more often than not just hides the transgressions we commit ourselves.

The truth is that the bible says that homosexuality is detestable...and abomination

Leviticus 18:22 - "Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable." (NIV)
Leviticus 20:13 - "If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads." (NIV)

The bible also says

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 - "Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God." (NIV).

It doesn't get any more true.

The Bible gives us instructions on how to live. One of the commandments the Lord gives us when we marry is to be fruitful and multiply..two people of the same sex cannot do that.

But I guess when people start arguing over things that are clearly stated in the Word, then end is upon us.

And no, I would NOT attend the wedding of a gay couple, child, friend or foe. The Lord will not honor it anyway.

ThePerfectScore

The truth is that the bible says that homosexuality is detestable...and abomination

Leviticus 18:22 - "Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable." (NIV)
Leviticus 20:13 - "If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads." (NIV)

The bible also says

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 - "Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God." (NIV).

It doesn't get any more true.

The Bible gives us instructions on how to live. One of the commandments the Lord gives us when we marry is to be fruitful and multiply..two people of the same sex cannot do that.

But I guess when people start arguing over things that are clearly stated in the Word, then end is upon us.

And no, I would NOT attend the wedding of a gay couple, child, friend or foe. The Lord will not honor it anyway.

DID you even read my elaboration!??!?!?!? I clearly acknowledge that fact.....
Now when it comes to the Bible, I know it does not accept homosexuality. They group homosexuality on the same level as having sex with animals.
Some one tell me why I spent time writing a four page response to people when people are responding blindly and not even reading it?!?! :wallbash:

So I guess when people start arguing over things that I clearly [acknowledgedy] in my elaborated response the end is upon us.....:ohwell:

Please can you guys give me more sources than the Bible to back up your beliefs?.... I think for an argument to be clearly and fully developed the person should ultilize more than one source. I cited a psychology experiment and facts from an Anthropology course at Emory University...

Last edited:

MissNina

Libra Girl
Please can you guys give me more sources than the Bible to back up your beliefs?.... I think for an argument to be clearly and fully developed the person should ultilize more than one source. I cited a psychology experiment and facts from an Anthropology course at Emory University...

Ummmerah....not to be funny but this is the Christianity forum and The Bible is the absolute source up in here. Girl, you know you not in OT? :lol: I understand what you're getting at tho but I don't think this is the right place for that request lol

meka

DID you even read my elaboration!??!?!?!? I clearly acknowledge that fact..... Some one tell me why I spent time writing a four page response to people when people are responding blindly and not even reading it?!?! :wallbash:

So I guess when people start arguing over things that I clearly [acknowledgedy] in my elaborated response the end is upon us.....:ohwell:

To the bolded
Yes I read it and you added a BUT. So to me, it does not SEEM as you want the truth. Are you a Christian? B/c if you already said that you know that the Lord hates homosexuality, then that would be your truth right there. But if you are not a believer, then I could understand why you feel the way you do.

ThePerfectScore

Because His word said to test the spirits. Meaning we can hear tons of different 'spirits' but we will know the Holy Spirit because it will line up with His word. :yep: I know my Father's voice, He has never deceived me nor has He gone against His word.

You still haven't clearly told me that you are not in fact the Devil. I'm just trying to protect myself from this Awe inspiring "Great Deceiver." :rolleyes: You guys are right... the Devil is very hard to identify.

meka

Ummmerah....not to be funny but this is the Christianity forum and The Bible is the absolute source up in here. Girl, you know you not in OT? :lol: I understand what you're getting at tho but I don't think this is the right place for that request lol

You better say that!!!!

ThePerfectScore

The Bible is clear on certain things and, even if you don't use the Leviticus scripture, if you go strictly off what Jesus said, He CLEARLY refers to men and women when discussing marriage. So it's safe to assume Jesus doesn't approve of it either. Scripture doesn't tell you whether or not to actually attend your gay son's wedding, but a relationship with God will guide you on the matter.
Wow, so can we safely say you were there when Jesus walked this earth as a flesh and blood human? I'm sorry but unless you were sitting face to face with Jesus in his bodily form and have a conversation with him, I dismiss this all as hearsay and cannot be used in your favor.....At least it cannot be used in your favor to convince me of this fact.

MissNina

Libra Girl
Wow, so can we safely say you were there when Jesus walked this earth as a flesh and blood human? I'm sorry but unless you were sitting face to face with Jesus in his bodily form and have a conversation with him, I dismiss this all as hearsay and cannot be used in your favor.....At least it cannot be used in your favor to convince me of this fact.

Well then you don't believe in The Bible and IDK why you are having this discussion in a Christianity forum (for believers) versus one in OT (for every view).

Not saying you can't say other views, but I mean you sound a little ridiculous saying that like that up in here.

meka

You still haven't clearly told me that you are not in fact the Devil. I'm just trying to protect myself from this Awe inspiring "Great Deceiver." :rolleyes: You guys are right... the Devil is very hard to identify.

If the Holy Spirt lives in you, the devil cannot reside in their. If you are not a believer, it will be hard for you to identify him b/c he really doesn't need you. He wants believers and he uses many tricks and disguises to decieve Christians. We are to resist the devil and God gives christians the power to do that.

ThePerfectScore

I am a Christian, thus I am allowed to be in this forum and voice my opinions. And even if I wasn't a Christian I have the right to be here and voice my opinions. Not all Christians fit within just on category...

pebbles

People do realize that this is the Christianity forum, correct? The opinions here are Bible based. Where's the shock? We've got folks cussing in the Christian forum? I'm going to start deleting posts if this continues, regardless of who likes it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.