who do YOU trust with your hair?

Who do you trust with your hair?

• Nobody does it better than me!

Votes: 121 57.6%
  • Only me and (insert family member) touch this hair!

Votes: 36 17.1%
  • I only trust my stylist for the big stuff, but I'll wash/DC it...

Votes: 41 19.5%
  • No one does my hair but my stylist, not even ME!

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • other - elaborate, please!

Votes: 9 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lilsparkle825

Now that I have been a loyal (and frequently posting :ninja:) member of LHCF for coming up on 8 months, i have realized that my views on who can touch my hair have changed drastically. my mom was always picky about who she let do my hair (her, my aunt, my cousin, or my mom's hairdresser ONLY), and you KNOW it always goes downhill after you get out on your own. in my first 2 years of college i think i went to 3 or 4 different hairstylists, 2 of those who really JACKED my hair up with the bleaching and back-to-back sew ins and all. when my mom and i discovered the dominican salon and began transitioning, they were the only ones who touched our hair.

after i joined LHCF, i got very excited about all the stuff i was learning so it was just me for a few months, except the one time in may the lady BEGGED me to let her put that blow dryer to my roots. (hey, she did it for free...) after my bc in june, for which my mom helped me, it was ME doing the cowashing, the DCing, the kinky twists...and that got me through till october, when i wanted to get a blowout for old times sake. i was so appalled by that stingy little 8 minute DC and the amount of heat i was being subjected to that i vowed NEVER AGAIN...plus my ponytail rollersets come out WAY better than that blowout, which was ruined 10 mins after i left the shop! needless to say i can't imagine myself letting anyone but me or mom touch my hair again.

i know it is the same way for some of you guys, even the relaxed heads - i see you with your tub of mizani over there! when did this change come for you? if it hasn't, why not?

thefineprint

Me, myself and I. Last time I went to a stylist (about 4 months ago) she nearly jacked my hair up. Never again, I say!:grin:

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Only me and dh touch this head. He helps me with my dustings. When I decide to switch to lye, he'll be applying my relaxers too :yep: :grin:

MA2010

Right now, only my hands touch my hair. Not because I want it that way but because their are no AA salons here in Italy that I have found.

If I were in the states, my stylist Angie would relax, rollerset, and trim my hair and I would do all else!!!

SimpleKomplexity

I haven't been to the shop really in a year. I did go in for a trim......don't bring back the memories a few months ago...but that's it. I dun trust anyone but ME and my CLOSEST friends in my head

yea i stoped after a couple of friends of mine who does hair told me the things they do to women who have a different texture of hair or longer hair then theres one siad she cuts it shorter in some spots and and bumps the ends to blend it in another one said she put super glue on one ladys hair she had to have it cut out another one said she charges more as much as 30 bucks somtimes after hearing that i stoped going to salons and started doing my hair at home you canttrust people nowadays

Nonie

Me, myself, and I, and it's been that way for YEARS. Nobody loves my hair like I do.

Ditto. I made the mistake of breaking that rule in Feb of last year and a stylist made an unsolicited decision to BC my hair taking me back to square one. NEVER again. People keep telling me, "Don't let one bad experience stop you from getting a good weave from Reniece, or from getting a good press from [a stylist they know], but I don't think they GET it. Nobody has a clue how much my hair means to me or even how homicidal another setback due to someone's doing would make me. Nah, I'm not trying to do time so I'ma take care of my hair my darn self.

onejamifan

I do everything but apply the relaxer and that I let my stylist do every quarter or so. Even then, I bring in my own product, tell her how long to keep it in, drench my hair in oil to avoid overlapping and proceed to basically guide her through every step of the way. At the beginning, she got annoyed with me, but now she realizes that I know what's best for my hair and if she wants to keep me as a client, she better listen to me....

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched
My stylist does my retouches. I do all the DCs, the protein treatments, oil treatments and other maintenance. Me and my stylist.

ajacks

I trust my stylist completely...from retouches to treatments to trimming/dusting ends, she is definitely the best. Other than her I am the only one that does my hair.

I picked me and my aunt, because my aunt is a license stylist, and she knows I want to grow my hair very long, and plus her daughters have hair pass their bra straps, so she knows what's good for my hair and what's not, and she's not a SHS! But lately I went to my cousin(2nd) and she does a great job, but she's a SHS, so I decided to try my own hair for a while and if I don't see any growth, I'm going back to my aunt!!!

SpyCats

I do my hair myself. I don't trust anyone anymore...been there done that only to be disappointed.

missdemi

I know that I'm not the best person to do my own hair because I get lazy so I trust my stylist and sometimes myself. It is hard to find a stylist that you trust, but when you find one I say stick to em. Stylist are educated on hair so I feel like they know what they're talking about. You just have to know what kind of person they are. Im about to find a steady stylist that I can trust $150 and believes in healthy hair. I'm strongly considering Balisi.

Tranquility

With the sets backs and disappointments from past stylists I realize I am the best for my hair. Just me and me only, at least for right now until I find a stylist and even then that would be probably only for special occasion.

DarkHair

I trust me. I let my stylist do my relaxers, but no more trimming from her. She said that my ends were bad yesterday and asked if I wanted a trim. I told her that I didn't want one (couldn't afford one/didn't need one). I called StillALady and told her about it. I definitely didn't need to take scissors to my head.

Lucky's Mom

Ditto. I made the mistake of breaking that rule in Feb of last year and a stylist made an unsolicited decision to BC my hair taking me back to square one. NEVER again. People keep telling me, "Don't let one bad experience stop you from getting a good weave from Reniece, or from getting a good press from [a stylist they know], but I don't think they GET it. Nobody has a clue how much my hair means to me or even how homicidal another setback due to someone's doing would make me. Nah, I'm not trying to do time so I'ma take care of my hair my darn self.

You have no idea. I said this to my hubby this morning...:lachen::lachen:Nonie - You are my girl!!!!!!!!!!!:lachen::lachen:

Tarae

Growing up, the only person to ever do my hair was my mother or my grandmother's neighbor who braided EVERYONE's hair (she hooked up the whole block during the summers).

Now, it's pretty much the same. My mother is the only one who does my relaxers and trims. I occasionally go to the Dominican salon for rollersets and I've never had any problems, thankfully.

CheLala13

Uhm...myself. And 2 different stylists: 1 for trims and presses and another one with healthy hair practices and presses. I only get it pressed twice a year.

froggie08

I trust myself and my sister who is also a member of LHCF with my hair. I was heavily dependant on my old hairdresser, but I never got the results I now have by doing my hair myself.