• Family Member

Votes: 62 57.4%
  • SO

Votes: 12 11.1%
  • Stylist

Votes: 41 38.0%

• Total voters

lnhair

I know many of us do our own hair. If you had to decide, who is that one person that you would trust to do your hair?

I trust my mother to do my hair. I always liked individual braids with extension and my mom learned how to do them when I stareted high school. I now like kinky twist extension and she learned how to do them. We surfed the net finding info together about how to do these hairstyles that I want for I could have a healthy head of hair upon removing a style or hair extension. She is always gentle with my hair. This was a great way to save money when I was younger and still is but also to spend time together.

So ladies who is that person for you?

I actually do my own hair...but when I get lazy and I just can't bother, I let my mom do it. She's actually more gentle to my hair than I am. lol:grin:

You ladies are so lucky to have a mom that can actually do your hair. When I was young my mom always had me looking good in pigtails and beads. As I got older I realized that my mom knows nothing at all about hair. I have spent most of my adult life helping my mom with hers but she just cannot let go of the old ways and she's only 44! I trust my mom to dust my ends and pick up supplies from the store and that's it!

I have a younger cousin back at home that used to do my hair. She used to practice the new styles on my head because it was long and thick. I always went to her when I wanted something more than my usual wrap or ponytail.

I finally found a stylist down here who works well with my hair and listens. She asks me before doing anything to my hair which is great. She also records my results in a notebook so she can track my progress.

I have gone to a bunch of black salons , but most of them tried to skip the consultation or to rush me out of the chair.

I ask a family member (DH or our son) to trim my ends, only as needed. I've found that the men in my family LOVE long hair, and the last thing they would do is trim too much off. :grin:

Before I moved away, I would trust mom to press my hair and trim it when I just didn't feel like doing it. Otherwise, its just me.

I feel like by the time I get through telling someone how I like it combed, and making sure they don't butcher me, and that I require my hair to be washed in sections.............I might as well do it myself.

I'm thinking about letting dh trim it from time to time though. He won't butcher me.

Only my dh. NO ONE in our families know squat doodly about hair care. My mom knows a little somethin somethin, but she's in another state. And I DO NOT trust stylists!

My self, my sister or my sister's bestfriend who is a stylist. My sister dusts for me and her bestfriend flat irons my hair. Everything else is me me me!

Just three--me, myself and I. :lol:

No one else I know has my exact vision along with the expertise and a sense of loving care for my hair.

Just three--me, myself and I.

No one else I know has my exact vision along with the expertise and a sense of loving care for my hair.

My sentiments EXACTLY! :yep::yep::yep: Especially the bolded.

Last edited:
I trust my stylist to do my hair 100%. She's great and only does what I ask without question. My hair always comes out really well.

right now i dont trust anyone. stylist have overlapped too much and now my ends are thin. and people just arent gentle.

im scared to do it but right now im thinking about self relaxing.

I have let my mom trim my hair, but I would do that myself if I could... I'm trying to learn now. I do everything else myself.

No one at all:nono:

I used to not have a choice because I was too scared to battle my thick hair and didnt know how to handle it at all. Friends were too rough and didnt practice sensible ways with my hair and my family & So dont know what they're doing. Stylist? I stopped going to one 8 months ago which has forced me to get on the ball when it comes to my hair and it looks just as good if not better than when she was doing it and much longer.:yep:

Back