What made you realize that your hair had grown

When this guy at my job wanted to use my surge. I gave him his own bottle.

Whenever people at work walk up and instead of pulling my ponytails like they used to walk up and smooth it down because they like touching it now.

Whenever this guy i work with once a month reminds me how short it was and whenever he sees my mound of new growth ask me once again is it a weave.

When my husband puts his arm around me and pulls my hair, When my little sister compliments me, When I rinse my hair in the shower and I can feel it's length mid back.

when I graduated to the grey rollers,
when everyone asks if it is a weave
when I can see the hair in the back blowing in the wind
when I wear a halter top and I can feel my hair on my back

I wouldn't say grown but have started to achieve my hair goals (began in late June) was when my SO told me that my hair is improving already, that it looks nice, shiny, and pure
smile.gif
The smile on my face was so big when he told me that.
My Goals are as follows:
Goal 1: Hair in a healthy condition
Goal 2: Hair grazing shoulders
Goal 3: Hair to the bottom of my tattoo
Goal 4: Hair at bra-strap

[ QUOTE ]
brwnskingirl said:
[ QUOTE ]
jainygirl said:
[ QUOTE ]
sengschick said:
Annoying Reminder: When I close it in the car door or it gets caught in the sunroof.
angry2.gif

Pleasant Reminder: When the Mister looks
shocked.gif
& says, "I didn't know your hair was that long!" And it's not even 'long' to me yet, but I am still
grin.gif
!!

[/ QUOTE ]

That's sweet
smile.gif
, hubby never compliments my hair.

okay, now what makes me realize it's growing is
*pictures
*people saying it's "long" (still dont think so but that's another thread)
*women coming into my cubicle at work to "borrow" something and getting all close to my head (weave track check i assume) then almost sucking their teeth when they dont see any.
* guys looking at it-- they dont say anything they just stare.

[/ QUOTE ]

Girl u are crazy, youre hair is long..

[/ QUOTE ]
nuts.gif
smile.gif

When I closed my car door and tried to move and felt a sharp pain. Realized my hair was caught in the door.

On those rare occasions when i let my hair down and it gets stuck underneath my armpits/ to my lip gloss.

When people ask me if it's a weave.

I think it is easy to see my hair is real due to my lack of styling skills and the fact I always airdry now. When I get it done at the salon, it will look really nice for a week and then I get lots of compliments and asking if its my real hair...probably bc of the dramatic difference...lol:)

I can fix it really nice when Im at home(TN) but since I live in FL, there is no way my hair will resist humidity when I do it myself, with or without heat so Im better off not using it.

Im a plain jane though when it comes to styles, though, as long as its soft and clean, Im fine with it. Ill save the fancy styles for special occasions...

When people tell "me wow, your hair has grown sooo fast." Although to me, it just looks regular, i guess cause i see it everyday.

[ QUOTE ]
Britt said:
When people tell "me wow, your hair has grown sooo fast." Although to me, it just looks regular, i guess cause i see it everyday.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is so true.

[ QUOTE ]
Leshia said:
when i could style it while wet and STILL look as though I had hair! *laughing*

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL... this is how i feel too. Now I feel perfectly comfortable with my length.
Also, when I have to lift it up after putting on my jackets and my shirts.
When the wind blows and i feel it slap my face and neck. Yes, it hurts a bit..But it's a good pain!
When people make comments.
When people stare in amazement
When it sticks to my lipstick
When it touches my back
When it gets caught under my armpit

When my high ponytail didn't look like I was trying to imitate Alfalfa.

When I don't have to do as much (products, combing, etc) to get it into a bun.

When I feel it flowing to the side when I turn my head to quickly (Pantene commercial here I come --> in another year of course)

When it was taking longer to braid at night before going to sleep.

When it started getting caught in my purse strap.

Looking at my pictures ... and seeing my ponytails in the mirror, when air drying ... much longer now.

When I realized that I had so much new growth that I have needed to perm my hair after 4 weeks. I've been getting an inch per month for the past two months (since I started the vitamin regimen).

Shawn, I had this idea that I was gonna stretch my relaxer for 3-4 months, but today makes 6 weeks and my new growth is out of control. Ill probably get a touchup @ 8 or 9 weeks...my head is such a mess right now!

When my friend's 16 yo asked if it was all my hair...then when i said yes he touched it and said it felt synthetic.:
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Leslie_C said:
awww, ballet bun, u really are a ballerina! nice pics...

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you Leslie_C
smile.gif

Back