Help!Dominican Blowout: At 12 weeks Good/Bad?

Should I do it?

• Dominican Blowout

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Bun

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Other:Please explain below

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

merilusmims

I really want to stretch about 12-16 weeks but right now due to my new vitamin regimine im 5wks post but my new growth is what i normally get in week 12-13 about [1.5 in of 4a 4b hair] I dont want to relax but i dont want a stylist to damage my hair and rip through my new growth

But on sunday i have pictures with the family and my mom will fight me on this ...[Im 16 Got to listen Its straight hair or nothing]

So Blowout?Dont blowout?Im asking for LHCF wisdom

Last edited:
Are you familiar with the salon you're going to? Every stylist and salon has different practices.

I went to the Dominican salon up to 6 months post and they never ripped through my hair. They did use a fine tooth comb during the rollersetting, but I do that at home with my own hair. Man, I miss that Dominican "swang" though.

If you don't feel comfortable, don't go, but I think you'll be fine.

Are you familiar with the salon you're going to? Every stylist and salon has different practices.

I went to the Dominican salon up to 6 months post and they never ripped through my hair. They did use a fine tooth comb during the rollersetting, but I do that at home with my own hair. Man, I miss that Dominican "swang" though.

If you don't feel comfortable, don't go, but I think you'll be fine.

I did go there twice about 1year and a half ago before my hair journey the hair was nice but i wasnt ever more than .5 in new growth so they werent dealing with much growth and im not sure how theyll respond with what i have now

before you sit in their chair, show them your new growth and see what they say. if they suck their teeth and give you the "mami you need a relaxer" speech, or start talking to each other about your hair in Spanish....run.

before you sit in their chair, show them your new growth and see what they say. if they suck their teeth and give you the "mami you need a relaxer" speech, or start talking to each other about your hair in Spanish....run.

..lmao!!! they gave me that EXACT 'tude TWICE at my local Dominican salon when I was at 12-16 weeks... I laughed and said ... "I'm going to wait until next time" ... and the politely continued on ...

I'm now at 20 weeks...and thinking of going in there again. lol

I will definitely do this:grin:

i transitioned with DBs so i think you will be fine, but i echo other posters' sentiments. get a stylist who won't rip thru your hair and monitor what she is doing.

What's your new vitamin reggie?

TBH, I would stay away from any stylist you don't really trust. Don't want any setbacks, ya know?

Back