What made you realize that your hair had grown

Xcellence2

My parents came to see me a couple of weeks ago and my mom finally complimented my hair. I could not believe it because my mom is the same person who did not speak to me for 2 weeks after it was cut/trimmed last April. Anyway that made me realize that I had came a long way.

My mom's friend came over yesterday and asked me how my haiir got so long and thick.
And my sister told me I look like a long haired nerd
dork.gif

After I stopping by to see my former SHS stylist.. When she saw me the first thing she said was "Wear you get all that hair from, its all down you back"
Also, my hatin mother keeps telling me I should cut it....

Well, my mother would tell me and when in school girls would just look at it and not say anything. I believe a person is hatin' if they don't compliment me.

When just about everybody commented on how long it was getting.
When it started to tangle even more than it used to.
When it took longer to air dry.

I'm aiming for getting charged more at the salon to have it done when it's in that elusive "long hair extra" category.
lachen70.gif
Can't wait to get there!
smile.gif

When I tried braiding from the back (as I always had in the past) and realized that my arms couldnt stretch that far and i had bring the braid around to the side to finish it.

When my hair is out and it can actually cover my boobs.

When my grandmother made me take out my bun yesterday and nearly had a heart attack when she saw how much the length increased...She's still talking about it today.

The fact that I can look for split ends by picking up my hair and looking at it without straining, the ends are no longer too close to my face to see it.

When it became harder and took longer to do my twists and flat twist-outs to where I only do them for special occasions,

When I last blow dried my hair it was past my shoulders,

When my ponypuffs started getting fuller (the longer my hair grew, the more that reached through my scrunchie),

When I had to buy new tools for my hair...

my hair looks short to me unless i see it on other ppl. ill walk around an spot someone whoes hair i love an think,, man i wish my hair were that lenght.. only to realise .. it is.. lol

My hair started taking longer to airdry, even overnight

Like HoneyLemonDrop said, when braiding down from behind as usual except I must finish braiding by bringing the braid around to the side.

My hair started feeling heavier, especially when wet.

Looking at my album.

When I could first put my hair in my mouth.
lick.gif

When I had to lift my hair out of my sweater/jacket after putting it on.

When I could grab my hair from the back without breaking my arm.

When my two braids thumped on my back when I was running to the bus.

When I am naked
shocked.gif
and sitting down and I almost feel the hair brushing my waist!
grin.gif

When I took my braids out and could feel my hair brushing against my shoulders without a weave!!!

When I came home for a visit and everyone asked what I did to make my hair grow so long.

When I went to a salon to get my hair braided and the braider kept telling me that my hair was too long for extensions. ( I got them anyway, one inch past my real hair)

When my regular stylist told me that I had too much hair to wrap. She made me get a roller set instead.

Every time I go to the salon to get my touchup, someone there comments on how long my hair is. It's gotten to the point now where I'm actually WAITING for someone to say something... I think if they didn't say it, I'd be mad!!!
mad.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Also, my parents lately have been giving me so many compliments on my hair that it's getting to be embarrassing!!
blush.gif
Even my Dad is always telling me that I look great, which is kind of strange, but cool!!
cool.gif

When everybody tells me how much it has
1.When it gets caught in my armpit
2.When a lady in a clothing store asked me how much I paid for my "weave"
3. When people tell me so

P.S. I AM SO CLOSE TO BRASTRAP I CANT STAND IT

-I played a lot of tennis over the July 4th weekend. My ponytail kept catching in my armpit after each serve.

-I like how long my hair seems when I rollerset it straight after having been bunned up for weeks.

-My dad said my (rollerset straight) long hair reminded him of his American Indian grandmother. He was surprised by the length because I wore it curly when he last saw me at Xmas.

When it was getting in my face, My SO was like whoa honey your hair is all over. Note: it is still not that long yet.

[ QUOTE ]
HoneyLemonDrop said:
When my hair is out and it can actually cover my boobs.

[/ QUOTE ]

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
That's one of my hair goals!!!
smile.gif

Annoying Reminder: When I close it in the car door or it gets caught in the sunroof.
angry2.gif

Pleasant Reminder: When the Mister looks
shocked.gif
& says, "I didn't know your hair was that long!" And it's not even 'long' to me yet, but I am still
grin.gif
!!

[ QUOTE ]
sengschick said:
Annoying Reminder: When I close it in the car door or it gets caught in the sunroof.
angry2.gif

shocked.gif
& says, "I didn't know your hair was that long!" And it's not even 'long' to me yet, but I am still
grin.gif
!!

[/ QUOTE ]

That's sweet
smile.gif
, hubby never compliments my hair.

okay, now what makes me realize it's growing is
*pictures
*people saying it's "long" (still dont think so but that's another thread)
*women coming into my cubicle at work to "borrow" something and getting all close to my head (weave track check i assume) then almost sucking their teeth when they dont see any.
* guys looking at it-- they dont say anything they just stare.

[ QUOTE ]
jainygirl said:
[ QUOTE ]
sengschick said:
angry2.gif

shocked.gif
grin.gif
!!

[/ QUOTE ]

That's sweet
smile.gif
, hubby never compliments my hair.

okay, now what makes me realize it's growing is
*pictures
*people saying it's "long" (still dont think so but that's another thread)
*women coming into my cubicle at work to "borrow" something and getting all close to my head (weave track check i assume) then almost sucking their teeth when they dont see any.
* guys looking at it-- they dont say anything they just stare.

[/ QUOTE ]

Girl u are crazy, youre hair is long..

when I came out of the salon on a windy day and my hair was bouncing all over my shoulders.
And when my nephew (Who knows how hard I work on my hair) says, "wow your hair is long and shiney"!

when I see my sister and she says shes jealous bc my hair is getting so long and it will probably be to my butt if I keep on growing it...lol

when I was at the salon and my hairdressers man was hanging around, and I had mentioned Im tenderheaded and he was like "with all that hair???" then he later said I had a nice looking weave there...lol.

when ppl cant tell that Im wearing my instant weave bc it looks just like my hair when its flat ironed out and wrapped at the salon...my sister and a good friend both asked me if it was mine or not last time....then a few days later when I had my hair out, they were like "Is that the weave or your hair??"....

my hair isnt that long year either but I can taste how it will feel when it realllly starts getting long!!

I was driving and had my head on the headrest. I bent my head down to get my lipstick (yes, I was doing my makeup in the car) and my hair was caught between my back and the headrest and snapped my head back. I realized for the first time it (my hair) was laying on my back and not just falling on my shoulders. I was in awe.

Well, my mom hates on my hair even though hers hasn't grown in years...so I guess when she compliments me on how long my hair has gotten I'll really realize/know that my hair has grown

One big milestone for me a few years ago was when my stylist started using the big grey rollers instead of the violet rollers during my rollerset. I can't wait until I am back to those days!

When I had to keep saying to my husband "ouch, you are on my hair!" whenever he put his arm around my shoulders. I actually had to move it so he wouldn't keep getting it stuck under his arm.

Back