your hair can get use to shampoo....

krissyhair

That was actually an interesting article. I didn't know about the type of chemical that is similar to silicones. I also didn't know that these particles stick to your hair through positive and negative charge. Thanks for sharing.

iVR

There's chemicals in soap that gets your body used to soap. What's your point? As interesting as this article may be it kinda rehashes a mute point. Everything is made up of chemicals and we learned in chemistry that you can't escape them.

krissyhair

I think the point here is about the specific ingredients in the product that might make it less effective over time. Most shampoos aren't soaps by the way, they're detergents. The point I took away from the article is that sometimes you should clarify your hair or change products for a few weeks if you notice your product isn't as effective as it used to be.

Lilmama1011

I think the point here is about the specific ingredients in the product that might make it less effective over time. Most shampoos aren't soaps by the way, they're detergents. The point I took away from the article is that sometimes you should clarify your hair or change products for a few weeks if you notice your product isn't as effective as it used to be.

True, some think only cones coat the hair and go for all natural shampoos and I have heard some report still getting build up. I think bottom like sometimes you need to just clarify and start off fresh. Because it doesn't make sense for something to be your holy grail and than all of a sudden stop unless you have went from relaxed to natural and vice versa or your texture has completely changed up

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Thanks Lilmama1011

It makes a good amount of sense. That stuff does buildup and even in a sls-free poo, I have found the buildup is faster on those shampoos compares to sls poos because there are less detergents.

I think it depends on the type of shampoo. I've tried a lot of those suckas and in the end only came up with two in which one is a clarifier and of a different brand. It's nice to use different brands.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

DrC

And this is one of the reasons why I stopped using shampoo 3 years ago and if I do, it is on a very very rare occasion.