Women Lying About Having A Perm

alibi

hair bored
***In my most solemn voice***

My name is Ayanapooh, and I've lied about my hair. I have a texturizer, and I want everyone to believe that it's natural. I treat myself to a Mizani extra strenth per - I mean relaxer for 15 minutes every 4 weeks to the day. I did this to fool all the ladies here at LHCF, and most of all, to fool myself. Please forgive me for the deception, I just feel the overwhelming need to lie on a hair forum to a bunch of women who don't know me......./images/graemlins/lachen70.gif /images/graemlins/lachen70.gif /images/graemlins/lachen70.gif Now that I got that out, anyone else want to fess up??? Maybe that'll get the ball rolling so the other "liars" could come out of the closet!!! /images/graemlins/sekret.gif

sillygurl18

[ QUOTE ]
model_chick717 said:
[ QUOTE ]
MizAvalon said:
[ QUOTE ]
Poohbear said:
[ QUOTE ]
options said:
As for folks on here having relaxers and/or texturizers and lying about it, someone PM me the suspects. I want to view their albums. LOL.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you thinking there are members here lying about having long natural hair?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm the original person in this thread that said I think there are some natural people on this board that appear to have texturizers. Obviously I don't know for sure, but some pictures do look that way TO ME. I'm not going to say who I think they are because that's basically calling specific people out and saying that they're liars. If we've learned anything from this thread it's that you can't judge hair texture by what it looks like, no one but that woman and her hairdresser know the real truth! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
I think that is a really silly assumption to make--thinking that someone's natural hair LOOKS like a texturizer. Why do you think that they have hair categories (3C, 4A, 4B, etc.) if people's natural hair didn't come in a lot of ranges? So in my mind, I feel like you must see someone that calls themselves natural and I guess it looks too curly to you or something(?), and you assume they must have a texturizer and are lying about it....that's kinda hater-ish, in my opinion.... /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

ITA Model_chick.

It seems that some people think that only biracial and lighter complexions can have curly( texturized looking) hair. /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif It seems to me that that's what the people that think people are lying are believe.

lovelymissyoli

[ QUOTE ]
MonaLisa said:

And...scene. *Applause*

The Stage Goes Dark.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /images/graemlins/rofl.gif /images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Mahalialee4

If you saw my hair you would call me a liar no doubt...most people would insist I have a a "texturizer or relaxer"...and when I tell them I do not even use a curling iron or press... or blowdry or flatiron!...I use rollers, or wrap it. I no longer brush the length of my hair and only comb gently once or twice a week. I
have THE LOOK! but even when I tell of people "No!" they look very sceptical ....and for the record...I did not "transition"...but what I have found is what works for me to make my hair do what I want it to do and look like...except when I wash it and let it just airdry....my 75% shrinkage and a mass of waves and curls will set the record straight for those who question and doubt if it is natural...so do not assume that just because it looks a certain way that it is relaxed or texturized or that the person is lying. Oh yes, my roots grow in straight and the longer it gets the more curl and wave plus the baby fine strands. I think that is why it gets straight easily. My mother's hair is straighter than mine and ... She does not relax or texturize either...deep down I am afraid my hair would slide right off my head or break off because it would probably be stick straight...and that is what keeps me natural. Maybe you are misjudging some of those individuals. A lot depends on texture and treatment and skill in rolling, wrapping and avoiding the use of products that in the long run dry out your hair and make it frizzy or bushy. Currently, I use oils in my conditioner only...and use a watery moisturizer and never wear it curly and hanging out. (Reason...less manipulation and to protect the ends from thinning out from combing it and pulling on it to much.L Since my hair is maintained in a straight style 100 percent of the time or slightly wavy...it tends to stay that way. I just apply the moisturizer between washing. Since I wash every three days, it is usually wrapped, bunned or clipped up and wrapped up. After a while your hair will adjust to whatever you are doing to it. I have contemplated OFTEN using some kind of chemical but always decided against it because this current routine is working. I am accumulating length and do not have to trim it. My ends are healthy and not thinned out. RE: relaxers-texturizers.... If one was developed that absolutely was guaranteed not to do any damage like breakage, shedding or hair loss...I would try it, just to maximize the length because it would probably be to the bottom of my bra strap with a relaxer and about three inches from waistlength at the back...sigh...(so that would be my only incentive to relax it)....Hope this helps. Bonjour

Tracy

I have to admit, I thought I'd be one of only a few to have the sentiments expressed in this thread. I'm glad to see we're getting more and more enlightened here at LHCF. I am so proud of you guys.....

Very cool stuff. /images/graemlins/up.gif

bellydancer

I hate when people say they have a decent grade of hair and that's why it gets so straight. Let me tell yal. I have the thickest 4a/b hair out of all my friends and family and my hair can get STRAIGHT. My hairdresser presses it bone straight. It's straighter than people with relaxers (most ppl with relaxers that I know don't have bone straight hair) The grade of your hair doesn't even matter.

skegeesmb

[ QUOTE ]
CaramelHonee said:
Do you believe that ladies with type 3 hair who say they are natural are lying and have a texturizer?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good question CH!

MonaLisa

[ QUOTE ]
lovelymissyoli said:
[ QUOTE ]
MonaLisa said:

And...scene. *Applause*

The Stage Goes Dark.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /images/graemlins/rofl.gif /images/graemlins/rofl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Just trying to add some levity to this thread...cause I'm reading it as a sideline observer and I can't get Dr. Phil out of my head...like he's gonna pop in or summin...

blkbeauty

ITA.

It’s not that serious. IMO I don’t care if someone’s hair is permed/relaxed/natural/pressed/short /long/curly/kinky/4B/3A/straight/pink-blue/black/purple/weave/braided/locked. I don’t care if someone calls a perm a relaxer or if they consider calling their texturized hair natural. And I certainly don’t care of the reasons behind why someone chooses a particular style to wear their hair. It really isn’t all that serious. To each is own!

My SO is half Italian and he says before he started dating me women would fawn and investigate his 3A hair as if hair is critical. “How did you get your hair like that?” “You have good hair” Little that they knew at one point he had a perm, I mean relaxer although his hair is naturally curly. He would tell me over and over again “I don’t understand some women and this hair thing” And IMO, I don’t either.

Not to step on anyone’s toes, but hair is hair and I think I am going to run out too after I say this…but is it really a Big Deal? /images/graemlins/sekret.gif

MonaLisa

[ QUOTE ]
blkbeauty said:
ITA.

It’s not that serious. IMO I don’t care if someone’s hair is permed/relaxed/natural/pressed/short /long/curly/kinky/4B/3A/straight/pink-blue/black/purple/weave/braided/locked. I don’t care if someone calls a perm a relaxer or if they consider calling their texturized hair natural. And I certainly don’t care of the reasons behind why someone chooses a particular style to wear their hair. It really isn’t all that serious. To each is own!

Not to step on anyone’s toes, but hair is hair and I think I am going to run out too after I say this…but is it really a Big Deal? /images/graemlins/sekret.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

**Smiling ova @ BB and Mo starts singing..."You are not aloneeeeeeeeeeeee...I am here with youuuuuuuuu..." /images/graemlins/smile.gif
then promptly puts on Nike's and runs**

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
[ QUOTE ]
bellydancer said:
I hate when people say they have a decent grade of hair and that's why it gets so straight.

[/ QUOTE ]

i have a friend that told me me this. just b/c your hair can get straight doesnt always mean it's decent. curly/kinky/etc. hair can be decent too. /images/graemlins/smile.gif