WL 2011

bimtheduck

Texlaxed touch up 2 wks ago and im back at MBL so im REALLY hoping to be WL by January 2012. Im really going to have to pamper my hair bc i've been having problems with shedding and some breakage lately. This weekend im going to do a hardcore protein treatment w Aphogee 2 step so im trying to putt off direct heat until my next texlax at the end if July.

Will be DCing twice a wk and protective styling until October. Hoping to take full advantage of summer growth spurts by increasing my workouts and water intake.

Carrie A

So I washed my hair last night and the tip of my tail was touching waist level. Wowzers. I didn't think it had grown at all. I didn't take any pic this time but I will soon :)

Aireen

UPDATE: Parts of my hair are reaching MBL. I'm not claiming it until my next relaxer when I know most of my hair will be there and what isn't (my bangs) will be heading there. I'm happy! Still feel like my hair is shorter than SL but people are taking notice and saying my hair is long! :grin: My ultimate goal is WL but I think I'll be stretching for HL; we'll see when my hair reaches WL though.

I'm bored with my hair down so I'm going to try to put my hair in high bun sometimes — no this is not protective styling, it won't be for long. My picture updates are usually 7 months apart and my next picture update will probably within the next 3-5 months. I wrote in my "blog" that I wanted to shorten the time taken to get to the next milestone with vitamin intake and I sort of did since I was BSL 4 months ago and now parts of my hair are MBL. The last week and a half though, I stopped taking my vitamins so this time around I'll be very diligent with my intake. It's not all for hair though, it's more for my skin and just my health overall.

I'm thinking of stretching for 5 months this time around. I know exactly what products to use to make this stretch a breeze. For the 4th and 5th month, I'll only be using 2-3 Motions products that work the best. For now, I'll be trying to use up whatever I have quickly. I'm going to be careful with my nape, edges, and ends. No more quick washes unless I'm going swimming, since I can't help it. I'll also be paying attention to my scalp since I always have random sores that always appear out of no where. Stretching is fun for me, I like being excited about how far my new growth will stretch to, it's challenging but it's fun.

I'm glad my regimen is working for me; just wash, condition, and air drying — no moisturizer, leave-in, oil after washing my hair. I feel good that I don't have to do too much to my hair to see retention. I hope everyone else is having fun on their hair care journey too. It does take patience and a little tampering to figure out what your hair wants though. It took me a while to get over the SL hump, until I started stretching my relaxers and stopped putting products in my hair. I'm still learning but it's worth it and even though I hate how slow hair grows, it makes you appreciate a lot more and gives you time to practice and learn about hair.

Anyway, that's all for this update. For these challenges, I don't know. I'll try to update more often but I'm giving LHCF a break, my obsession that I had with posting is over. I'll still post pictures the next time I relax for sure but I don't update because I forget and also because I don't like LHCF like I used to. :lol: I hope everyone's hair is doing great and you're seeing progress regardless, if you're struggling and you just happened to read this long post, please do not give up! Hair care takes a while and there can be a lot of twists and turns but do not give up! I'm rooting for you! Take care! :grin: :party:

exubah

Congratulations to all the ladies making awesome progress in this challenge....

Been gone for a bit getting married, but I'm back with a vengeance and ready to get my grow on. I've been neglecting my hair, I need to really get FOCUSED!!!!

thaidreams

Congratulations to all the ladies making awesome progress in this challenge....

Been gone for a bit getting married, but I'm back with a vengeance and ready to get my grow on. I've been neglecting my hair, I need to really get FOCUSED!!!!

Congratulations Exubah on your recent marriage!!! Please share wedding pics of your beautiful hair with us!!!!

exubah

Dang, I'm slacking! I should have had someone take a closeout pic of my hair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As soon as I get my hand on some pictures I will make sure post some here.

Kimbosheart

:wallbash: UGH!!! I was going to try a no heat regimen this summer but I had so many little broken hairs and such great shedding I'm scared to continue.

I'm determined to make it to WL. D-E- TERMINED

Black Hoya Chick

I never posted in here did i. I recently trim/cut about 1 - 1 1/2 inches off to thicken up my ends. But my hair must have been growing quickly because I barely noticed a difference from my last length check. Anyway, here it is. I think this is from like a week ago:

Black Hoya Chick

I am basically wearing my hair out and curly all summer, with the occasional ponytail/bun/half-up do. But I want to just enjoy it this summer. No heat at all (counter-intuitive) and I basically cowash daily so their are no tangles or knots. Trader Joe's Nourish Spa Conditioner is the best thing since sliced bread. lol. Flax Seed Gel, Avocado Oil, and Alma Powder: that's all I use. And the occasional protein treatment with my conditioner and whole eggs. All natural, super simple, and my hair is loving it.

JJamiah

Congrats to all those who made it and those so close.

Congrats @exubah!

Now who's starting a HL 2012 challenge?

bebezazueta are you starting one you say :giggle: LOL

Who is starting a WHIP Length, I am down to join LOL! JKING

I have four inches before I am WHIP LENGTH :)
Can I make It? Well my growth spurt doesn't happen until later this year :)

bebezazueta

JJamiah. Uhm I'm still a newbie. I'm looking to you all for my inspiration!

I love whip length though! Maybe the challenge should be called 2012 Whip Length challenge! Loves it!

wyldcurlz

i fell victim to a scissor happy stylist today and i'm devastated. i don't know if i can make MBL in 2011, but i'm really really hoping i can. i went from bottom BSL/early MBL to 1 inch above BSL in less than 5 minutes after my stylist fought me tooth and nail on the thin ends/lead hairs centuries old stupid argument.

my hair looks thin and wispy and horrible and i'm sad!

so please, PLEASE post up all of your lovin up on your hair tips and ideas, etc. my hair is going to need all the TLC it can get in the next few months. i need to get back the 3-4 inches i've lost since April 5th (her first 'trim') and today.

Last edited:

lilsparkle825

Um, so pretty sure I haven't been in here all year :look: but now that I think I can make it to WL in 2011 again.....:laugh: I'm back!

So I was hoping to make MBL by this month being that it's my curlyversary and all, but being that a) I NEVER make a length goal in time, lol and b) I'm not straightening till the fall, I didn't plan on doing a length check to save myself the embarrassment and the trouble. Weeeeelllll curiosity got the best of me last night, and here ya go.

Wherever my waist is :look: I hope to be there by December.

HHG ladies! Now I gotta catch up with all the latest news in here. :laugh:

nakialovesshoes

Um, so pretty sure I haven't been in here all year :look: but now that I think I can make it to WL in 2011 again.....:laugh: I'm back!

So I was hoping to make MBL by this month being that it's my curlyversary and all, but being that a) I NEVER make a length goal in time, lol and b) I'm not straightening till the fall, I didn't plan on doing a length check to save myself the embarrassment and the trouble. Weeeeelllll curiosity got the best of me last night, and here ya go.

Wherever my waist is :look: I hope to be there by December.

HHG ladies! Now I gotta catch up with all the latest news in here. :laugh:

CONGRATS!!!!! my hair buddy :grin: - you look MBL to me & looks like you only have a few inches before you'll be claiming WL. I know I've said it like a thousand time but your texture is :lick:.

bigbrowneyez

Congrats ladies! Everyone's hair looks so amazing!:yep: Just an update, I got a relaxer last week and got a trim. I hadn't had one in over a year. I got ~1.5inch cut off my longest section, but my layers are finally gone (yessssss) and i love my ends now. My hair used to look scraggly when wet, but not anymore :grin:. And the "w" is gone, so i can wear my hair str8 without being self conscious about that. Before this relaxer I had 2in, now i have a little under 3.5in til WL. So with some TLC i should still make WL by dec 2011, and if not, i should definitely be within an inch! I'm excited!! Below is my hair airdried bout 60%.
PS, i'm def up for joining wHIP 2012!

Attachments

• june 2011 LC.JPG
    june 2011 LC.JPG
    105.5 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

classychic1908

((((HUGS))))

i fell victim to a scissor happy stylist today and i'm devastated. i don't know if i can make MBL in 2011, but i'm really really hoping i can. i went from bottom BSL/early MBL to 1 inch above BSL in less than 5 minutes after my stylist fought me tooth and nail on the thin ends/lead hairs centuries old stupid argument.

my hair looks thin and wispy and horrible and i'm sad!

so please, PLEASE post up all of your lovin up on your hair tips and ideas, etc. my hair is going to need all the TLC it can get in the next few months. i need to get back the 3-4 inches i've lost since April 5th (her first 'trim') and today.

Janet'

wyldcurlz :bighug: :bighug: So sorry to hear this!!!

JJamiah Sounds like you will be starting the WHIP/HL 2012 Challenge?!!! :yep: :yep:

exubah :congrats: :congrats: 2 you!!!!! :dance7: :dance7:

I won't be straightening till July, but hopefully I will be about an inch and a half or less away from WL!

Happy Tuesday Divas!

reeses

So much great progress! I can't wait to do my check in August. That will be three years natural. Hopefully by then I'll be only a couple of inches away.

LongCurlyLocks

I'm not sure if I'm going to make it ladies. I have hit a plateu but I plan on buying some OCT really soon, like this week. Haven't bought any Mega-Tek all year and I need to start back on my vitamins. I plan to have someone take a lenght check pic for me, maybe tonight when I wash my hair.

aa9746

I'm not sure if I'm going to make it ladies. I have hit a plateu but I plan on buying some OCT really soon, like this week. Haven't bought any Mega-Tek all year and I need to start back on my vitamins. I plan to have someone take a lenght check pic for me, maybe tonight when I wash my hair.

I'm not sure if I'll make it either. If I don't make it I'll join the 2012 challenge and hope for the best. Don't forget to post length check so we can cheer you on!:yep:

Black Hoya Chick

Found the style that is gonna get me to WL (or at least the harsh summer). 2 Pocahontas braids with a cute hat. Protect my hair from the sun, its a protective style, and its cute. I got mad looks today from dudes. lololol.

but for real, its simple. I approve. We'll see where I'm at when I straighten sometime in November/December