Who gets 3/4 or 1 inch of new growth monthly

Nanyanika

Hello, lADIES

Firstly, I'd like to clear up my statement I posted, yesterday, which some of you may have misunderstood, sorry my fault. I recently received 1 inch growth in two weeks,I have no reason to amplify myself in anyway, that it not to say hair grows like this on a consistant basis of 2inches per month. However, on alternating months I do actually receive one and a half inches per month. Secondly, i've noticed that I've been innuadated with requests from you all, regarding my regimen. Give me chance, it be posted shortly.

LuvableLady

Thanks den1 for clearing that up.

I did think a constant 2 inches per month was unusual but who am I to doubt you, I don't know you and each person is different. Unless you are part weed, I don't think anyone's hair is going to grow 2 inches per month on a regular basis. /images/graemlins/smile.gif I didn't want to doubt you without giving you a chance to explain. Since you have cleared it up here, the 1 inch in 2 weeks makes sense.

Thanks again!

Tonya

Yo go Den1!!! Post it girl...yet another inspiration!!! This board is full of them. BTW Lee and Adrienne ...Miss Thangs...neither of you are far from reaching it yourselves...and Adrienne u claim a slow growth rate but I have been watching your pics and I do not think so. I am gonna mail u a new ruler!!! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif
My hair grows fast I get anywhere form 1 1'2 inches to 2 inches every month but my hair breaks as fast as it grows so it really does me no good. When I was in LA I wore braids and I grew my hair out alot faster that I am now becuase I stayed out of it. But once i grew it back I messed with it and damaged it so I am back at the drawing board. I ahve a picture in my album of my new growth after just 3 weeks. So I do believe it is possible. Because I get a good growth rate without supplements but a good growth rate is nothing if u can not keep the hair you have from breaking.

H

HoneyRockette

I am anxious to see your picture too Den. Do you have one?

Crysdon

Den,

Would you please post a picture of your hair on this board? If you're afraid of someone copying your pic, just go into photoshop or some other graphics program and put a bar across your eyes (a lot of the ladies do this here).

Thanks in advance.

Nanyanika

Denise’s Hair Growth Regimen

Shampoos for different causes
Aphogee Deep moisture Evening Primrose Shampoo
Crème of nature detangling shampoo
Motions CPR treatment shampoo
Aphogee Shampoo for damaged hair

NOTE:-Once a week after I wash my hair I follow the ends sealing regimen by Robin Wood, the hair lady for more information visit www.growafrohairlong.com. I part the hair in medium sized sections, then add pressing oil two inches up from the ends I then wrap ends with foil, clamp a flat iron or curling iron around the foil not the hair, cover for 5-7 seconds, this seal in moisture right down to the cortex, it stops hair ends shedding and breaking, hence, you’re able to retain length.

Deep Conditioners
Lekair Cholesterol
Doo Gro Deep Down Penetrating Conditioner
CPR treatment conditioner

NOTE: I condition hair once a week 40-60 minutes, using a plastic cap, and warm towel wrapped around it. I use one of above.

Daily Conditioners and Moisturisers
Pink oil Moisturiser
Carrot Oil
Sta-sof-fro oil sheen and comb out conditioner-
Lustrasilk moisture max, oil moisturising lotion
Wildgrowth Hair Oil
Aphogee Pro-vitamin leave in conditioner
African Pride oil sheen spray
Nexxus headress volumising leave-in conditioner
Pink Glosser

Strengtheners
Infusium 23 for damaged/unmanageable- Daily
Intensive two minute reconstructor- Once a week after shampooing hair
Aphogee Treatment for damaged hair- Once every six weeks, to keep hair strong
Profectiv Healthy Ends- Use daily
Profectiv Breakfree-Use daily

Growth Stimulators

Solera Double strength herbal nutrient formula
Doo Gro Hair oil
Wildgrowth hair oil

For furthur information on high protein diet visit

http://atkins-diet-information.com/
or Cathy Graham Fresh Start programme

Protective Styles
Bantu Knots
Twists
Cornrows
Single plaits
Extensions
Silk or satin scarf’s
Hats lined with soft material

Things I don’t use:

Blow dryers
Curling Irons
Pressing Combs
Relaxers
Small tooth combs
Hair bands
Brushes

Brand names and daily consumption of vitamins and minerals

Now -Fo-ti 560MG 3x A DAY
GranoVita Flax-seed oil 2 TEASPOONS A DAY
Holland and Barrett- Evening primrose oil 1000MG 3x
Holland and Barrett-Body Fortress amino acids 1500, 12 tablets a day
Solgar- zinc 50MG 2X A DAY
Iron 200MG 1 A DAY
Holland and Barett B-vitamins 2 A DAY
Quest-Multinutrients 1 A Day
Metabolics Biotin 8000mcg 1 a day
Maxi Sulph msm 1497 2x a day
Healthcrafts kelp 450ug 3x a day
Holland and Barrett Dl-phenylalanine 500mg 2x a day
Cleanse Purify Natures cleansing program 4 tablets 2x a day

Simple tips I follow

Condition hair with plastic cap every night
Use carrot oil daily for ends of hair
Use wildgrowth on scalp and hair 3 times per week
Keep hair in braids for two months at a time (wash hair once a week) use hot oil treatments on hair then apply shampoo, a reconstructor and deep condition.
Use warm water to wash hair and use cool water to seal the cuticle
Use wide tooth comb
After washing hair separate all strands to untangle hair before combing
Wear a hat when outside
Take vitamins, minerals and herbs daily
Eat high protein diet with fruits + vegetables
No brushing
No hair bands (use hair pins instead)
Plenty of exercise
Drink lots of water

Madison

den i would love to see your picture also /images/graemlins/smile.gif

about the iron. girl you dont get constipated? isnt that a little too much especially if your other supplements already contain them? im no doctor but i know that too much iron in the blood can put people at risk of diabetes ,cancer and liver damage etc.... did you talk to your physician about your regimine?

Nanyanika

Hi Madision,

I haven't taken any recent natural photos yet. At the moment I'm sporting bantu knots, Please remind to take some pictures soon when i remove them. As for my daily consumption of iron, i intially became constipated, then a family member suggested i take iron with some fresh orange juice, problems solved. My GP has placed me on iron for a two month period only, due to heavy periods.

honeycomb719

Nice pics Tonya, I like the one w/ the rod set pinned up in front and back /images/graemlins/cool.gif You go girl /images/graemlins/wink.gifCan't wait til I have enough length to play with /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Relaxed 4a thin hair
Current: Different lengths 3-7inches Front being the shortest
Goal: Even Healthy shoulder length Hair

Nanyanika

Hi Cryson,

I'm not shy of showing my natural hair pictures, I need to get a chance to take them first, I'm only new to this forum. If I say I will post them, it usually means I definitely will.

Nanyanika

Hi Tonya,
You said that you also have comparable hair growth rate of 1 1/2-inches per month. My hair always used to grow but i had the same problem in retaining the length. since I've started using vitamins and minerals, deep conditioning, protein and moisturising treatments, i now retain most of my length. Take a look at my regimen to see what i did to tranform my hair.

I wish you luck /images/graemlins/cool.gif

JerseyGirl

Den 1

I am not trying to insult you but I ran your vitamin regimine pass my husband. He is into bodybuilding. He eyes popped opened and said "Are you into losing weight or growing hair". He thinks that your vitamins are too extensive. Especially two:

Fo-ti produces fertility and vitality.
Dl-phenylalanine is an anti-depressent (depression and releases energy - bodybuilders love energy)

How are these producing hair growth?
Did you seek your doctor's approval?
How much is your vitamin bill?
How long have you been taking these pills?

200mg of iron pills per day is too much. Then again, you are taking a colon cleanser in addition to a high protein diet, with fruits and vegetables. So that explains why you are not constipated. And his conclusion is, you are trying to lose weight.

Again, I don't mean to insult you because if it is working for you - continue. But before I start using this I will definitely CONSULT WITH MY DOCTOR. I recall several years ago when a woman in New York died because she was taking vitamins that her PERSONAL TRAINER told her to take.

adrienne0914

jerseygirl, she said her doctor told her to take the 200mg of iron for two months because of heavy periods. so it seems apparent that she has obtained medical advice.

since Dl-phenylalanine is an amino acid, it doesn't seem so far fetched that it might aid in hair growth. so many of the "hair vitamins" are chock full of amino acids. products can also serve more than one purpose.

no offense to your husband, but what does "too extensive" mean? and being into bodybuilding does not make someone an expert on all supplements...

adrienne

JerseyGirl

You did not offend my husband - Adrienne. No, he is not an expert on vitamin supplements but the only reason he made that statement was because of his own medical problems. Let me explain:

My husband has high blood pressure and in order to control he started to work out. After years of taking protein drinks, vitamins, eating vegetables, fruit, drinking water. He controlled his blood pressure and started to experience other side effects. These side effects were from the vitamins - he did not get his doctor's approval. Like: Kidney problems, diabetes, tingling in his legs and blurred vision. He was justing merely stating that before others start taking Fo-ti and Dl-phenylalanine - they should consult with their doctors.

As far as the phrase "too extensive". He means too many pills throughout the day.

I love hearing the positive results from MSM - but I am allergic to it.

Telling someone about a new shampoo or conditioner is one thing. If you try and you don't like it - you don't use it again. But vitamins are something that you are putting into your body. There could be serious side affects for some. I personally think that you should check with your doctor. I overlooked the post that Den1 went to the doctor - I am sorry about that - but for the others that are interested ... they should consult with your doctor.

Peace

adrienne0914

okay, girl! it's all good. i also didn't mean to offend. i was just wondering...

you're right. it can be a good idea to check with your doctor about supplements. sometimes the problem with that though is that doctors are so unfamiliar with them, they'd rather prescribe some medication with KNOWN side effects, not just perceived ones. as an example, tara is taking loaded doses of B5, which some may view as risky. however, her doctor wanted to prescribe Accutane if the antibiotics he had given her didn't work. i'm sure you know that Accutane is a very powerful and dangerous medication, but how about the antibiotics that are overprescribed by doctors. she would have to take those from now until who knows when to keep her face clear. i'd rather take my chances with the B5. it can't be any worse than those medications (and i might add more effective than the antibiotics). /images/graemlins/smile.gif

with the MSM, how long did you take it? the reason i ask is it's supposed to help cleanse the body of toxins. sometimes during this cleansing process, people sometimes experience headaches or other symptoms. they perceive what is happening as an allergic reaction rather than that.

too many pills? i have to admit that if i knew i could get even growth SPURTS of 2" in a month, i'd probably be taking them all day myself. gotta fill up somehow. lol! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

anyway, i hope your hubby is okay now.

adrienne

Nanyanika

Hi JeseryGirl,

I'm not insulted at all by your views, I intially began taking amino acids as a cheaper alternative to hair vitamin HF37 and found I had better hair growth results. The high protein diet, aids in hair growth and helps me to shift those pounds also. Your husband was correct about Fo-ti and Dlphenylalanine uses however they also have other uses than the ones your husband mentioned. It works for me, so i'm sticking to it.

How are these producing hair growth?

Read through the post I sent Adrienne on fo-ti.
Dl-phenylalanine is one of the amino-acids, helpful whilst excerising, stimulates metabolism, thus enhancing hair growth.

Did you seek your doctor's approval?
Yes

How much is your vitamin bill?
No comment

How long have you been taking these pills?
5-6 months

I haven't been taking the body cleasner, religiously,the fruits, juice and vegetables ensures that I don't become constipated.

Thank-you for you're concern

Tonya

Den1 and Honeycomb...thanks for the compliments.
Den1 I checked out your regime nad hats off to you...and all thenother ladies that stick to m=one. I tried to but i do not have the time or the money. maybe when my baby is older and I start making more money I can join the club but for right now I ahve MSM, Biotin, B-Complex, Vegetal Silica a multi vitamin and EPO...I ran out of my ultra Nourishhair and i am looking for B5 for funds are limited...very limited!! I just cut my hair to shoulder length and I have not tried any styles outside of my roller set lately but as soon as I get a extra dollar i ma gonna post pics of my new length....only advantage so far is my hair is much fuller nad it looks alot healthier. If I could just calm all these little stary hairs here and there.
Oh yeah ...keep the info coming on the vitamions...I persoanlly do not take iron...not even when i was pregnant because fortunately I do not have anemia or low blood and my heavy periods got lighter after child birth. What does iron do for hair growth???
I have slacked up on my msm I must admit because I could not take the headaches partically and partically just plain ole lazy...Adrienne how long should it take if I take them continuoously for the headaches to subside?

Tonya

Oh yeah CORRECTION******
****** I just reread my other post and I have a typo(as usual...I typr fast)
I stated i GET 1 1/2 TO 2 INCHES A MONTH...UUUHHHH NO!
I wish!
********I actually get 1 1/2 to 2 inches every 2 MONTHS******
PLEASE FORGIVE ME...LAST THING I WANT OT DO IS MISLEAD.....
that is why I gie props to Den 1...u double me girl!

adrienne0914

tonya, i can't say for sure because i've never gotten headaches from the MSM. i think i remember reading a couple of weeks at BHCAB, but don't quote me.

adrienne

elliot

Den1,

Can you also comment on how much weight you have lost following your regime. I am trying to lose weight and was just curious. If you don't want to comment, I completely understand. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

El

luvhair

Beauty and Fashion Junkie
i looked over your regimen but i was wondering if you could be more specific. I know you listed all the products you use but can you say the order you use them how often, etc. also you say you wash, use a reconstructor and then condition, so when you list strengtheners do you mean reconstructors? I now this must be really irritating but im willing to try anything to get some growth.

Also , to all the ladies who are worried about the woman who died from vitamin poisoning, I was premed and my professor who is a well known doctor says that the media has been misleading people about vitamin poisoning. Its caused by consuming too much fat-insoluble vitamins and those are A D E and K, soo if you consume too much of those that can cause poisoning. if you have any questions ask your doctor, but if denise has been doing this for 5 to 6 months i think its ok.

londongirl3

Just a slight correction.........fat soluble vitamins A,D,E and K are dangerous when taken in excess and more so if you're trying to have a baby.

Pretty much everything else that you take in excess is taken out just as fast as it came in with water.

Leigh

Actually hair grows anywhere from 1/4 in a month to 3 in per month. I do believe you can grow hair that much. Normally, my hair grows anywhere from 1/2 to 1 in a month (usually a little ove 1/2 inch) without taking vitamins or exercising. I have gotten 2 inches in a month (though not consistently).

Now growth and length don't always go together. I have a friend who has very long hair. She cut it to mid back (between waist and bra strap) the last time I saw her but her hair grows very very slowly. So my hair should've been way longer but it wasn't. She just took better care of it.

Leigh