Who gets 3/4 or 1 inch of new growth monthly

Edie

Do you use all of their products?
Also, are they compatible to Black hair?
Thanx
High Priestess

Yes, I use all of their products. I bought a Magic Kit. It was pricey I have to admit, but the Kit lasts a good six months, even with washing your hair every day. I find that after the fix three days of washing my hair, I could use only a teaspoon full to wash my hair. I usually lather 3 times. The shampoos are very gentle. They have several different shampoos in the magic kit. You use them according to the state of your hair at the time. You use the same shampoo 3 days in a row, then you can switch to another. It seems to work for me. I guess it keeps the hair from becoming accustomed to one shampoo then becoming unaffective. I still alternate with Aubrey Organics shampoos, JAY, White Camelia and Jasmine and Saponin ACC Herbal Root shampoos. I usually separate my hair into 5 braids and shampoo it while it is braided. My hair is not handled as much if it were left lose, especially the ends which are the oldest and weakest part of the hair. It also avoids tangles. I then will undo the braids after shampooing and conditioning and comb through with a wide tooth comb, put some avocado butter and glycerine spray on it and rebraid it.

This works for me.

Spagirl

Prior to my last relaxer 7/19/03 and prior to my 1st vitamin 7/19/03, I was growing 1 inch per month. To this date, growth is 1 inch in almost 2 months . Hopefully this is part of a hair phase that will turn around otherwise I will be changing my vitamins which are presently Country Life Maxi-Hair(7/03) and Complex B vitamins (8/03)

happylocks

when I was taking MSM liquid from GNC, I got 1 inch a month, now its only about 1/2
I am going to try to massage atleast 5 times a day

L

LaNecia

Any ladies want to add to this, updating for 2005?

This is my first month February to March doing my new vitamin regimen AND daily CO washing AND increased water intake, I've gained just about 3/4" since I texturized my hair on 2/19/05. I usually average that over 6 to 8 weeks so I'm excited at what the ruler will show in 3.5 more weeks!

Last edited by a moderator:

CarLiTa

Hi, I'm going to be a little off-topic for a second. I see that a lot of you have mentioned taking 100 grams of protein a day, or even more than that. Those of you who are, don't you gain weight from that much protein? Protein is good for your body and it also goes to building muscle mass, and if you don't exercise rigorously, that extra protein will make turn into fat. At my age, *I"m 16* I'm supposed to get like 45 grams of protein a day, which is less than half what you guys are talking about. I think it had to do with some formula or something like that. I can't really remember; I researched it months ago. Maybe you ladies should do some research first before jumping into the protein craze.

I know a good protein drink, it's Ensure , and it tastes really good. You can replace a meal with it, it's about 250 calories and it has at least 12 grams of protein, and it's FULL of vitamins. It keeps you healthy, fills you up, so that you dont' have to pack on a lot of calories, it has the vitamins we need, and the protein.
My opinion. Ciao.

Jewell

This year I saw 3/4 to 1" a month when I co washed daily. That was in March. I am daily co washing again. Good results so far. :D

zora

CarLiTa said:
Hi, I'm going to be a little off-topic for a second. I see that a lot of you have mentioned taking 100 grams of protein a day, or even more than that. Those of you who are, don't you gain weight from that much protein? Protein is good for your body and it also goes to building muscle mass, and if you don't exercise rigorously, that extra protein will make turn into fat. At my age, *I"m 16* I'm supposed to get like 45 grams of protein a day, which is less than half what you guys are talking about. I think it had to do with some formula or something like that. I can't really remember; I researched it months ago. Maybe you ladies should do some research first before jumping into the protein craze.

I know a good protein drink, it's Ensure , and it tastes really good. You can replace a meal with it, it's about 250 calories and it has at least 12 grams of protein, and it's FULL of vitamins. It keeps you healthy, fills you up, so that you dont' have to pack on a lot of calories, it has the vitamins we need, and the protein.
My opinion. Ciao.

Good point, Carlita.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
*subscribing to this thread*

i just skimmed thru the whole thread. i don't know about taking all those vitamins...a lil too much for me. i need to start back exercising and eating some more protein so the excess will go to my hair! :weird:

beloved1

I've been really blessed to get about 3/4" to 1" per month since coming to the board in February. I prayed my hair would grow, so I believe God is answering my prayers:) Specifically, I am on a high protein diet (lots of meat), I try to eat eggs - haven't been doing a good job this month, I take lots of vitamins for PMS that also help my hair- Super B-Complex, Vitamin E, Vitamin C, EPO, Estroven (lots of herbs) and I take Carbsmart w/ Biotin. I exercise 4 or more times a week (just pushing my babies through the neighborhood every morning). I stimulate my scalp by adding Peppermint oil to my deep conditioner, and this past month added Sulfur 8 to my regimen. I hope to get a consistent 1" for the rest of the warm months.

~*~ShopAholic~*~

den1 said:
Hi keylargo,
I felt extremely offended by your ignorant question, Are you trying to be funny? I stated that I recently received 1 inch of hair growth in two weeks, what is so funny about that?
My reaction: while reading the post I was like ok, then I got to Den1 post and was like WHAT! :eek: :eek: :eek: I NEED TO KNOW HOW SHE DID THIS. LOL, :lachen: . And I was serious, I think it's an normal reation to 1in every 2 wks.

SoulFlower

den1 said:
Hi, keylargo I grow 1 inch every two weeks, due to the vast amount of vitamins and minerals I consume per day.
I have this massive hair loss in the back of my head due to a cortison treatment some years ago, and if what you say is true, I'd really like to know what vitamin you use like that and the amount. Also, someone told me about taking Inositol caps, what do you think about that (ever heard of it)?

Babyray

Hey I did hear insitol would help with growth & thickness, I took it for a minute but quit, I will have to start back soon, I notice thickness but I was also taking others things:MSM, Biotin, Healthy Hair Skin & Nails. So its hard to pinpoint were it was from.

Lioness

Hi Soul Flower

My personal opinion is that it's a combination of things which will help increase and speed up the growth;

Diet- High protein
A combo of vitamins (not just 1 type) MSM, Biotin, Super Multi w/ iron and B Complex (which will inlude insitol) , EFAs etc
Excersise
Water

Whenever I get maaad growth, I can never pinpoint it, because it may be the certain type of combination of the vitamins, not neccessarily the one vitamin.
If you want fast(er) growth, various vitamins might need to be implemented.
You know what they say- A healthy body will produce healthy hair! :)

HTH :)

Last edited:

ekomba

CarLiTa said:

My opinion. Ciao.

i agree even though i have a high protein diet but i did notice that when i was taking one designer whey protein shake a day, i lost lotta weight in short time (11lbs that s a lot for me haha)but when i took 2 a day totaling 45grams of protein i gained weight:eek: i was not exercising at the time. so i had to stop taking protein shakes for now. but i needed to take at least one cause thats my meal replacement i have to force myself else i always skip breakfast. i m never hungry in the morning. now i m about to start taking the colonix fiber shake for 3 months as breakfast and i may add a protein shake for dinner we shall see. but i need 2 good meals cause this is the only time i will have my veggies and my meats and its really important for my metabolism. but 2 protein shakes make me fat i have to only get one a day to lose weight thats weird:confused:

But i always heard Ensure was to gain weight though so that s why i stay away from it