Question for those whose hair grows 3/4-1" monthly

Serei

Question for those whose hair grows 3/4-1\" monthly

How much length do you get in one year? Do you actually retain 9-12 inches a year? I am asking because I realized that most of the people on this board are 12 inches or less away from their goal, (I am about 11 inches away). Have you reached your goal? If so, where did you start and how long did it take? If not, how far away are you and when you do think you'll get there? Hopefully with my new diet (if I can follow it), and vitamin regimen I will bump myself up to 3/4-1" inch a month and I just want to know if I can realistically expect to reach my goal in 12-15 months.

skegeesmb

Re: Question for those whose hair grows 3/4-1\" monthly

Hey Serei,

Last year my hair grew somewhere in that area. My hair was 3 inches (scalp to ends) but 6 inches from hairline to ends April 17, 2002. In January 1, 2003 my hair measured 14.25 inches from hairline to ends or 8.25 inches from scalp to ends which gave me 5.25 inches of growth in 9 months. My first goal was shoulderlength and I reached that goal in March 2003. My hair measured 16.5 inches from hairline to ends on April 17, 2003.

So that makes 16.5 inches - 6 inches and that gave me 10.5 inches of visible growth in 12 months. But when doing scalp to ends the number is different I actually grew 7.25-7.5 inches in 1 year.

So in other words, when doing the hairline to ends measurement your hair will seem to grow much quicker than when you do a scalp to ends measurement.

C

Cami

I get about 3/4 of an inch each month. To be honest, throughout a year I only maintain about 4 inches. I get my relaxers every 16 weeks (which is 4 months.) I gain about 1 to 1.5 inches after the relaxer and cut off about 1/2 an inch to eliminate split ends. So, I gain 1 inch after each relaxer (which is only 3 times per year) which means I gain a true and healthy 3-4 inches a year.

Right now, the back of my hair (from neckline to bra strap) is 12 inches. After my relaxer coming up later this month, I'm sure it will stretch out to 13 inches, but I plan to trim about half an inch off which will make me about 12/2 inches. My next touchup is due in February, then it should be 13 inches, and the next touchup is in June, which should make my hair 14 inches (My first goal!) By next summer (June 2004), my hair should be at lower back/waist length. By June 2005, I should be at tailbone by keeping up this regimine.

To answer your question, I think that you can truly reach your hairgoal in your planned time as long as you keep your hair healthy (in particular the ends too!)

MoezThunder

[ QUOTE ]
skegeesmb said:
Hey Serei,

Last year my hair grew somewhere in that area. My hair was 3 inches (scalp to ends) but 6 inches from hairline to ends April 17, 2002. In January 1, 2003 my hair measured 14.25 inches from hairline to ends or 8.25 inches from scalp to ends which gave me 5.25 inches of growth in 9 months. My first goal was shoulderlength and I reached that goal in March 2003. My hair measured 16.5 inches from hairline to ends on April 17, 2003.

So that makes 16.5 inches - 6 inches and that gave me 10.5 inches of visible growth in 12 months. But when doing scalp to ends the number is different I actually grew 7.25-7.5 inches in 1 year.

So in other words, when doing the hairline to ends measurement your hair will seem to grow much quicker than when you do a scalp to ends measurement.

[/ QUOTE ]
Skee, help me out girl! How the heck would one venture to measure from the scalp to ends, I cant even picture the process....Help!!!

adrienne0914

[ QUOTE ]
skegeesmb said:

[/ QUOTE ]

that is SO true! it's easier to measure from hairline to ends but much less accurate.

for those that asked how to measure, you just take a tape measure and hold it right at your hairline. you hold the other end at the longest part of your hair in the back... at least that's how i did it when i used to measure.

inthepink

I've never measured my hair this way...will have to try sometime.

skegeesmb

[ QUOTE ]
adrienne0914 said:
[ QUOTE ]
skegeesmb said:

[/ QUOTE ]

that is SO true! it's easier to measure from hairline to ends but much less accurate.

for those that asked how to measure, you just take a tape measure and hold it right at your hairline. you hold the other end at the longest part of your hair in the back... at least that's how i did it when i used to measure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right you are Adrienne0914. You'll have to take different measurements though because you hair is different lengths. What I'll do is part my hair into 5 sections (crown, and then the four parts). With a tape measure take a piece of hair, and measure your hair from where the scalp begins. I measured mine recently and the longest (crown area) measured 14 inches from my scalp. The bangs measured 11 inches from my scalp. These were the two dominating numbers so I just say 11-14 inches. Now when I measure hairline to my longest end, I get 20", that's a six inch difference, the difference exactly from my hairline to my crown.

So an easy way to do a measure is subtract the inch difference from your crown from the overall measurement:

Your tape measure has 6 inches from hairline to the crown. Your measurement is 20" from hairline to ends. 20-6=14" your longest hairs are about 14" from scalp to ends.

MoezThunder

In that case, I think you might have your measurements reversed. that would make your actual current length from scalp 11-14, right?