Who DOESN'T clarify??

empressri

If I used something with cones....I will use a sulfate poo. My hair rarely tolerates most cones these days since I've stopped using them. But I will use acv in a heartbeat...my hair loves it!

HoneyDew

I don't as much anymore.

I used to just for the chelation because I have hard water and I use no-lye relaxers.

But since I realize that my Lustrasilk Cholesterol has EDTA (for chelation), deep conditioning with it really does take away the need to use a chelating shampoo.

Now, what I do is do two lathers when I shampoo. Now, I do use a clear shampoo that does not have conditioners, oils, or silicone and then I use a moisturizing one. Both of those are sulfate free and chelator free, but neither is labeled as a clarifying shampoo.

I find that when I use henna, I need to use my real clarifying shampoo to help me get everything out.

Nice Lady

I was clarifying with the Mizani Purfying Shampoo but my hair would feel stripped and I would have to put heavy moisturizing stuff after even if I pre-pooed with heat or warm towel. So, now I am experimenting. I bought the VO5 clarifying conditioner to use to clarify my hair during co-washing and then follow with a moisturizing conditioner.

Solitude

I started this thread a long time ago. I didn't see the purpose of clarifying, but I think my hair might be suffering from build-up. I'm bought a cheapie clarifying shampoo, but I might just do an ACV rinse. A friend of mine has a Neutrogena shampoo that she says is good for deep cleansing.

Last edited:

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
I only clarify when I've put my head under water at the swimming pool (several times in the summer), but I don't any other time. I've never had a need to.