• Sink

Votes: 25 12.3%
  • Shower

Votes: 136 67.0%
  • Both

Votes: 42 20.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ITA with the other ladies, shower, see I only wash my scalp and if I was using the sink then I would wash my whole head, I use to use the sink with no problems, but the shower is better IMO!

cookie1

While I think the shower is best to prevent tangling, I won't use it when I need to deep condition. I use the sink for those days and the shower when I'm using a conditioner on the head while I shower and then wash out.

WriterGirl

shower only! I have retained alot more hair since...

I've noticed this too.

I used to wash my hair in the kitchen sink (using the spray attachment) for YEARS!

I only started washing in the shower about 2 years ago--I have this detachable shower head and it is so much better! I realize now that I'm thoroughly washing it clean.

I don't think I could wash it with a detachable shower head though.

I alternate between the shower and the BATHTUB( yes i said bathtub).
Kneeling on my knees and holding head under the tubs' faucet gets the job done quicker. Something about that large flow of water:yep:

GoldenBreeze

Hello Everyone,
I have read how it's best to wash in the shower and have been washing my hair there, but am lazy and want to wash in the sink. What does washing in the shower really do for you?

For me it is in the shower. My hair tends to frizz, a lot more than usual, when I cleanse it in the sink. It really doesn't like being pulled forward.:nono:

naturalgurl

I usually do the shower thing but when I'm doing DC's that require more than one rinse I do the sink. My hair has gotten so long that it goes down the drain and I hate that but I will occassionally do the sink if I have already showered for the day.

dany06

I like the shower because I can reach the back of my head easily. Also because I can see while Im doing it. My only problem is that I definitely have to shower afterwards or I will have strands of hair stuck in my crack. So I have to operate by doing hair first and shower last.

Blessed_Angel

I used to wash in the sink too, but it's much easier to do it in the shower. Once my hair got to APL it would get down the drain, so I had to move to shower. I haven't been back since.

I now have braids, and washing in the shower is a breeze. Besides, washing in the shower I don't miss any spots. In the sink I'd have to remember to wash the front out really good.

DozenRoses99

I wash in the shower 95% of the time. Occasionally, I wash my hair by hanging my head under the tub faucet when I'm in a hurry.

Lyoness

I wash my hair in the bathroom sink using a jug for distribution.. I wash my hair in halves.. I find it easier I don't know why I just do.. I haven't had any problems doing it this way either

JJamiah

When my hair was waist length I shampooed in the sink, I had a big chop since then and now have APL and I still shampoo in the sink! I like to use the sink hose though.

SmartyPants

shower only! I have retained alot more hair since...

Ditto!!!

I used to wash in the sink. Then for about 9 months I washed in the shower only. The other day I got lazy and washed in the sink and I was immediately reminded why I stopped doing that. I lost a lot more hair while doing my rollerset.

tgrowe

I have always washed my hair in the sink for YEARS!!!! I have recently stretched my relaxer to eight weeks (a milestone for me) and had horrible tangles. Detangling afterwards was a mess. The last time I washed my hair, I washed and detangling in the shower. My hair was softer, MUCH LESS tangles, and my NG appreciated it.
But that ritual of the sink is hard to break for me.

brebre928

Interesting thread :) I voted sink, I've always used the kitchen sink.

This poll made me ask my friends the same question. One of them uses the shower and the rest also use the sink. I may try the shower one day though.

HeChangedMyName

I no longer fit in the sink, it's the shower for me.

Shower keeps my hair going downward - so no tangles. Also, I've read the horror stories about ladies whose hair went down the drain in the sink!

maybe one day my hair'll be too long for the good old kitchen sink too. For now, I usually wash in the kitchen sink unless I'm having a lazy day and wash it in the shower.

Sweet1977

Well, I have been washing my hair in the shower now for over a month and am getting used to it. It's kind of nice not to have to worry about getting water all over the place and it does seem to help with the tangles. Thanks for the responses everyone!