Where to buy indigo powder

simcha

Where is the best place to buy indigo powder?

I can't find it locally and Ruchita takes awhile because they are not in the US.

I really want to henna/indigo my hair this weekend after my touch-up.

Thanks!

KLomax

I thought Ruchita was somewhere in Georgia( USA). I purchased indigo from her in bulk a few weeks ago. :grin: I've gotten good results.

a_shoe_6307

I get mine from HennaSooq.com Khadija the owner (hope I spelled that right, lol) is a member of the forum and it is very good product.

jamaraa

If you're pressed for time, Catherine Cartwright-Jones has it at her hennaforhair and mehendi sites. She's pricey, but fast. If you order now, you'll have it for the weekend.

jamaraa

I downloaded her free Henna/ "How To" ebook. It was very informative...I highly recommend it....here's the link

http://www.hennaforhair.com/freebooks/#

I've read her book, but I don't use an acid in my mixes. Works great too! :grin: IMHO, Catherine recommends too much henna/indigo powder for a given hair length. Depening on the consistency you choose, you can get great coverage for far less than recommends for X length.

I'm saying this to you cuz you gotta lotta hair, so how much do you use? If you're going by her measurements, that's like 500gms! :lachen:

KLomax

I've read her book, but I don't use an acid in my mixes. Works great too! :grin: IMHO, Catherine recommends too much henna/indigo powder for a given hair length. Depening on the consistency you choose, you can get great coverage for far less than recommends for X length.

I'm saying this to you cuz you gotta lotta hair, so how much do you use? If you're going by her measurements, that's like 500gms! :lachen:

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

After I cleanse w/ shakaika powder and air dry.

I use 1/4c henna mixed w/ water...then I mix 2/4c indigo,1T of salt & water...after each is mixed separately I combine them...to get more bang for my buck I put it on w/a plastic cap overnight....it's really helped w/strength & thickness. I have fine hair *heavy sign*

jamaraa

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

After I cleanse w/ shakaika powder and air dry.

I use 1/4c henna mixed w/ water...then I mix 2/4c indigo,1T of salt & water...after each is mixed separately I combine them...to get more bang for my buck I put it on w/a plastic cap overnight....it's really helped w/strength & thickness. I have fine hair *heavy sign*

LOL....you know what you're doing. You'd be bankrupt w/ all that hair using her measurements! LOL :lachen::grin:

Keeping it on overnight is a great tip for those who don't know. I've found that the indigo does NOT stop dying after 2 hrs per Ms. Catherine! ;)