How to make Indigo less drying?

NYDee

I love the black hair result of Indigo but it fries my hair. I know it's not Henna because I have used Henna 3 times before and I didn't suffer from dryness. I have 4 packs of indigo powder left and while I was traumatized by the last result, I want to give it another chance. Has anyone been able to find ways to make Indigo less drying? Thanks.

EbbonyTx

Good Question. I Plan On Using Henna & Indigo In A Few Months After I Get My Senegalese Twists Installed.

JazzyOleBabe

I agree with the other posters. Do an extra good/long deep moisturizing cond treatment immediately after the indigo treatment. Make sure that your cond is not a protein-based treatment.

westNDNbeauty

I think the dry feeling your hair exhibits is just the nature of the beast.

Of course a moisturizing DC is in order after something like that, but it still will take a few more days and maybe an additional DC before your hair is stable again.

NYDee

I did deep condition afterwards and many times after but my conditioners I found out are protein conditioners. I will try it again with Aubrey organics moisturizing conditioners that I just ordered.

Krystle~Hime

wow... if we have to dc afterwards isn't it gonna be a veeeeeeeeeeeeery long process day? I mean, 5-7hours with henna/rinse/indigo for 2 hours/rinse/DC for 1-2hours...and finally rinse...

lana

I love Keracare Humecto as a moisturizing conditioner.
Mizani has a nice moisturizing conditioner as well.

I'm considering using Henna and Indigo...but I'm texlaxed, can anyone tell me if that will cause a problem...like breakage, excessive dryness or anything similar?

I want that color and shine!

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I Cowash with something Moisturizings, Rinse it out with VO5, Suave or something else moisturizing and then I Steam with something Moisturizing.

The Key for me has been Moisture, Moisture, Moisture!:grin:

westNDNbeauty

I love Keracare Humecto as a moisturizing conditioner.
Mizani has a nice moisturizing conditioner as well.

I'm considering using Henna and Indigo...but I'm texlaxed, can anyone tell me if that will cause a problem...like breakage, excessive dryness or anything similar?

I want that color and shine!

expect excessive dryness.