When you moisturize and seal your ends

Holla

My scalp is too sensitive for me to do root to tip. Anything on my scalp makes it itch so I moisturize and seal from about 2 inches from root to tip. I do LCO too.
L=rosewater and glycerin
C=mango butter
O=coconut oil for light sealing or Vaseline for heavy sealing

Beamodel

I think I will try sealing my entire head with a light oil like sunflower oil and sealing my ends with something heavier.

I'm relaxed so heavy sealing tends to weigh my hair down.

almond eyes

I braid my hair into four big braids and moisturise seal the length of the entire braid and tuck it in. I stopped sealing my roots because it was causing my skin to break out and I realized that my scalp has enough sebum from when I oil it so that was not necessary to moisturize and seal from my roots to my ends.

I found that moisturizing on my braids helped me to not use so much product because I can see when my braid is saturated by how the ends look. When I moisturized and sealed with my hair out, I could never tell if I used too much product and I hated how greasy and messy it got by moisturizing and sealing and then braiding. For my fine hair that was too much.

So, again I braid first and then moisturize and seal on top of the braid.

Best,
Almond Eyes

Barbara

Princess
Since my hair is pressed, I don't use liquid as my first step . . . because I don't want my hair to revert. :nono:

I use an oil blend from the roots to ends first such as Africa's Best Herbal Oil or African Royale Hot 6.

Depending on how dry the last three inches of my ends are, I seal with a heavier oil or lotion based with castor oil such as African Pride oil blend or Organic Root Stimulator (ORS) Olive Oil Hair Lotion.

Then I apply a thick pomade such as Dax (green version) pomade or Hollywood Beauty castor mink pomade.

My ends dry out within three days even though I wear my hair in protective styles 98 percent of the time.

Last edited:

Beamodel

Beamodel I'm relaxed too and mostly wear my hair straight. What products are you using as I don't want to use any that'll weigh my hair down.

ElegantElephant

I mainly use Hairitage hydration pink lemon berry, soft coconut Marshmallow or Pura body Muru Muru milk as my moisturizer.

I use light oils like Hairvrda Vatika frosting, Meadowfoam oil, HH carrot cake frosting or SSI Seyani butter only ends.

Tonight I'm going to "seal" my entire length with sunflower oil (that oil is super duper light).

When I spray my hair with a liquid I add water, panthenol, little bit of a light oil and one of those moisturizers I listed above to a spray bottle and use that.

almond eyes

For my moisturizing I use kinky kurly not today and olive and argan oil (that I mixed together).

Best,
Almond Eyes

DrC

I moisturize all my hair with Wave Nouveau, seal with oil, and put in four twists with a silk scarf.