When you moisturize and seal your ends

Beamodel

How much hair do you usually moisturize and seal? Ex the last inch or maybe two?

I normally do 1in but I think I'm going to start doing the last 2in.

Ogoma

Moisturize everything and seal about a third down. I have no idea how many inches that is given shrinkage and all.

Beamodel

Thanks guys. I do moisturize my entire head but I never thought about sealing my entire hair, just the last inch. I'm gonna have to try that.

Thx again...

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
I used to seal everything, then just the last inch or two when my hair is straight. When its air dried or twist/braid out, I LCO everything.

Beamodel

Thanks guys for all your input. I M&Sy entire head last night and I woke up this morning with extremely silky smooth moisturized hair.

Lucie

Dancin' on sunshine!
Sorry to jack the thread OP but how are you ladies doing this? I am confused. I got some tips but am confused as some are saying they are doing their whole head. Huh????? :(

Beamodel

Sorry to jack the thread OP but how are you ladies doing this? I am confused. I got some tips but am confused as some are saying they are doing their whole head. Huh????? :(

Moisturize your hair with a moisturizer of your choice. Then seal it in with a butter or an oil. I was always moisturizing my entire hair (from root to tip) but I never sealed my entire head until last night.

I hope that makes sense.

Lucie

Dancin' on sunshine!
Beamodel thank you! Can you give an example of moisturizer. I apologize for my ignorance. I have been here far too long NOT to know. :(

Beamodel

Lucie

No problem. Last night I used Pura a Body Naturals Muru Muru a Moisture Milk as my moisturizer and sealed with Hairiitage Hydration Carrot Cake Frosting

charmtreese

I use a spray moisturizer, so I spray my hair, let it sit for a second or two message it around, slightly detangling with my fingers, then seal with oil (JBCO)....I guess I do the LO method. I'm natural with fine hair, butters & creams tend to dry and tangle my hair.

virtuenow

@Beamodel thank you! Can you give an example of moisturizer. I apologize for my ignorance. I have been here far too long NOT to know. :(

@Lucie @Lexsmarie I moisturize my hair using a layering method called L-C-O. It's the best way to lock in uber moisture by layering and sealing in each layer.

L= liquid (moisture spritz), C = Cream (water based cream or lotion that seals in the liquid moisture and adds a bit of moisture); and O= oil (seals it all in as the final layer.

My go-to products for this method:

L= Komaza Califa Moisture Spray (or any of their moisture spritzes)
C = Komaza Shea Lotion
O = Komaza's Jojoba Hemp Oil

Last edited:

kupenda

I moisturize root to tip and seal just under the root to the tip. Unless im in the wack patch. Then I massage moisturizer and oil into the scalp. That patch is so finicky ugh

faithVA

This has been a helpful thread. I have given up on LOC or LCO. Oils just make my hair feel hard and crunchy. I have switched over to LLC which works much better. After reading this thread I am going to stick to LLC and see if I can get a heavier oil or butter to work on the last 2".

Naphy

I'm also doing the LCO method, which consist in spraying a little bit of water on my hair, moisturizing and then sealing with some oil ^^
Personnally, I prefer to do it from my roots to the ends :)

Loving

You learn something everyday. I always thought it was just the ends that I should moisturize and seal......

Beamodel

You learn something everyday. I always thought it was just the ends that I should moisturize and seal......

Me too. I'm glad I started this threat because I had the same misconception on how other ladies were doing it. I thought it was just your ends.

I tried my entire head and I like it that way too. Im relaxed so I'm using a light oil or butter that will not weigh my hair down.