When Did You Learn the Truth About....Ummmm, "Santa"? (lol)

Sheriberi

I never liked the idea of Santa from the very beginning! I was afraid of someone coming into our house at night while my father (my hero!!!) was sleeping. I never wanted to go near Santa at the shopping center. My parents had to tell me the real deal so that I would relax about it!

My kids saw Santa as just another character, like Elmo, Big Bird, etc. They enjoyed the stories and cartoons, but never wanted him to get too close. One of my daughters actually told the Santa Claus at a holiday festival, "It's been nice talking to you, but don't come to my house!"
They never believed in Santa, but had fun with the idea just the same.

BTW, we don't like clowns, either!

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
I was about 8. My brother told me. He showed me the toys hidden in my mother's closet. Every year after that we used to look in the closet and try to find our gifts.

My mom caught on and started hiding the gifts somewhere else.

Even after we found out there was no Santa, my parents would still sign some of the gifts "From Santa." :)
:lachen:Our parents will simply not let it go.......:lachen:

Can't help but love them; we humored them with Santa and all the while we were doing this....:rolleyes:

:lol:

Happy Blessings to you and your family and all of your Christmas memroies.

Shimmie

Staff member
I never liked the idea of Santa from the very beginning! I was afraid of someone coming into our house at night while my father (my hero!!!) was sleeping. I never wanted to go near Santa at the shopping center. My parents had to tell me the real deal so that I would relax about it!

My kids saw Santa as just another character, like Elmo, Big Bird, etc. They enjoyed the stories and cartoons, but never wanted him to get too close.

One of my daughters actually told the Santa Claus at a holiday festival, "It's been nice talking to you, but don't come to my house!"

They never believed in Santa, but had fun with the idea just the same.

BTW, we don't like clowns, either!
It makes more sense to think of him as the Characters such as Sesame Street, etc. I like that, because it doesn't take away from Jesus, santa is just a character and nothing more.

But I LOVE what your daughter said. :lol: She has plenty of charater and good sense. Adorable! :yep:

Blessings on our beautiful family. Happy Christmas to you and many, many more. Wealth and Blessings shall always dwell in your house. :giveheart:

Aviah

I was seven. We already had the tree up and as with every year, there were presents from family under the tree before Christmas. "Santa" had yet to bring his on Christmas eve. My sister always tried to enlighten me (being 8 years older than me) but I never believed it. So when I woke up Christmas day and saw no new presents under the tree I thought Santa missed our house and panicked. I ran to open my Mom and Stepdad's bedroom door and I just heard her yell " We're not done yet!" in the midst of wrapping paper noises etc... It was a shock, but not one that outlived the smiles my presents brought :grin:

delitefulmane

I can't even remember when I stopped believing in him, but knowing my older sibs, it was probably them who ruined it for me! My parents were VERY slick when it was time for Christmas! They would hide our presents at my grandparents house and go get them really late when we were asleep. We would always wonder why they were so reluctant to wake up early with us one Christmas morning!!:lachen: Go figure right?

We were clever too. We made plans every year (during the off season as well lol) on how to sneak down stairs to the presents without being seen or heard!!

I think I will allow my kids to believe into santa, as a character, but make them realize that we are celebrating the birth of Jesus overall!! Like my mom said, "Believing in santa helps children use their imagination."

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member
I can't even remember when I stopped believing in him, but knowing my older sibs, it was probably them who ruined it for me! My parents were VERY slick when it was time for Christmas! They would hide our presents at my grandparents house and go get them really late when we were asleep. We would always wonder why they were so reluctant to wake up early with us one Christmas morning!!:lachen: Go figure right?

We were clever too. We made plans every year (during the off season as well lol) on how to sneak down stairs to the presents without being seen or heard!!

I think I will allow my kids to believe into santa, as a character, but make them realize that we are celebrating the birth of Jesus overall!! Like my mom said, "Believing in santa helps children use their imagination."

:lachen:Adorable.... :sekret: :lachen: