What's Wrong With "Boxed" Perms? (kinda' long)

Re: What\'s Wrong With \"Boxed\" Perms? (kinda\' long)

mschichi, i switched to Affirm last november. i've had two touchups with it (november and april). i didn't have a problem with the no lye, but i've heard and read that it can be drying to the hair. so i made the switch to be on the safe side.

if push came to shove, i'd go back to it (like if i couldn't find another stylist that uses Affirm).

[ QUOTE ]
LMAO!!! what a great story!! the whole time i was reading it, i was thinking "please say you took your hair down... please say you took your hair down!" i wish i could have been a fly on the wall to see the look on their faces when you did. i would have said, "it's not the perm that helps it grow. it's actually the urine i rub in it before i rinse" so they'd walk around smelling like pee...
laugh.gif

p.s. just kidding about the urine

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO! Good one - good one
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
- looks like I won't be heading to a stylist anytime soon!

This story was funny...ancient thread, I know, but this story is timeless b/c crazy people do stuff like this all the time. :lol:

Re: What's Wrong With "Boxed" Perms? (kinda' long)

OMG, what a hoot! I think you shut them up real good when u showed 'em your hair!:lol: Shows that stylists don't know everything. U go Peachtree!:notworthy

wow this really is ancient!:lachen: peachtree ain't even relaxed anymore is she?:lol: :lachen:

OK, y'all have me crackin' up over here :lol:

I had some great experiences with my relaxed hair... ran into all sortz of wacky, folks... wanna feel my hair... now how wacky is that?!?!

Since being natural, the only "off" thing I'm asked is "Do u have a texturizer?" or "How do u texturize ur hair".... I simply state that I'm natural (no texturizers, color, etc)... then explain to 'em how I've texturized other's hair...

Well i switched to no-lye and it was the best i could do for my hair, i personally find lye to harseh on my scalp and very drying on my hair.

Back