"CHEAP" hair product buyers............ U-N-I-T-E!

ricochet

Re: \"CHEAP\" hair product buyers............ U-N-I-T-E!

I confess...I am a cheapie. The highest price I pay for my products is the $7.99 for wgo...I haven't bought it in a few months since finishing my last bottle because I find that I love castor oil as a moisture sealer. I will buy wgo again, I really like it. My other products are relatively cheap, I like ddta and my hair loves dnl cholesterol in the yellow formula. Always has. That is pretty much all I use these days, along with my con shampoo that I have a huge bottle of and only use sparingly. /images/graemlins/clap.gif

NGC

Re: \"CHEAP\" hair product buyers... U-N-I-T-E!

[ QUOTE ]
Kha said:
Back to Basics and Hairobics, I've never heard of those. Are they salon brands?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Kha,

I don't think they are salon brands per se, but they aren't grocery store brands either. I get B2B at Trade Secrets and I order Hairobics online. Both product lines lean towards natural ingredients which I like. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

babyblue

I dont really have a preference for expensive or cheap products. I love whatever works good regardless of price, although i do have my limits to how much i will spend. some of my favorite styling products cost less than $5. my most expensive products happen to be my shampoos and conditioners only because i happen to love the way the particular brand makes my hair look and feel but seriously if i was broke and couldnt afford them I would not hesitate to go back to my old cheap staples like cream of nature ultra moisturizing or motions lavishing conditioning shampoo and cholesterol conditioner each under $5.

miracle

Cheapie here, too! My favorite cheapies are Mane N' Tail and Dove Intensive Moisture Shampoo and Conditioner. I loooooovvveee this stuff. It makes my hair "cottony" soft with plenty of moisture. I wish my hair liked the VO5 products more, but so far, they've left my hair dry and hard. I will be trying the Daily Defense Tender Apple poo and conditioner this weekend which I found at the dollar store. Yippppeee!!

Faith

Ok Peach I forgot I do have 1 cheap product. I washed with Aussie Moist this past Saturday and it was pretty good /images/graemlins/look.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Valerie

Re: \"CHEAP\" hair product buyers... U-N-I-T-E! Don\'t leave me hangin\'

I am a mixture, I do use cheap products, which are available from the supermarket, but I realise my hair benefits from Nexus, JF Lazartigue, Aveda, especially JF Lazartigue, their pre-shampoo, makes my hair ends very soft and I will have to buy the range very soon, but my hair is worth it.

InsertCleverNameHere

I'm too cheap. The most expensive thing I use on my hair is Kemi Oyl for when it's pressed and a tiny bottle lasts about a month ($3). I'm not too picky about shampoos anymore. I love Creme of Nature but I eventually became too cheap for that and now I use some shampoo, I don't even know the name but it's been in my cabinet for what seems like decades...(I don't remember the cost). As far as conditioner, I use Suave, it's no worse than other conditioners in my opinion. To smooth my hair I use Salon SElectives molding putty ($2.79). And I went back to my old moisturizer which is good old Palmer's Cocoa Butter! I can use it on my skin and hair...grat combo! (Ummmm, I don't remember how much...3 something)

Divastate

I didn't set out to be a cheapie but I was thrilled when I finally found some inexpensive staples. Suave 2 minute treatment is my regular condiitoner (softens and gives hair so much slip it feels like silk), Suave Milk and Honey is my favorite leave in and Proclaim moisturizer activating gel gives me great definition. I have to admit though that if it works (and I like the ingredients) I'll pay whatever price it may be.

azul11

Re: "CHEAP" hair product buyers............ U-N-I-T-E!

I have found that the more money I spend the more disappointed I am. When I buy inexpensive regular store brand items I get just as good if not better results. I will defintely have to start spending less on hair products. God bless you all.

Ashee

Peachtree said:
Ok, I'll be the first to admit (& I have a LHCF reputation for this)... I'm CHHHEAP when it comes to buying hair care products!

When I was relaxed, I used "Boxed Perms" & did my own touch ups for 13 or so yrs. If the perm cost more than $5, I'd leave dat sucker on da shelf!! I would relax every 4-6 mths, so that gave me plenty of time to find out which bss had a sale that was friendly on my pocket!

When I was transtioning, I used a lot of cheapy conditioners (Vo5, Suave, etc), so it was easy to be cheap... I mean frugal then!

Now that I'm natural, I'm finding it somewhat difficult to stay under my $5 (20oz) limit. I like using natural products on my hair, but goodness, that stuff is EXPENSIVE! Or else, yeah, u can buy it for under $5, but u'll end up with only 1.25oz of product!

I Refuse to spend more money now as a natural than I did with a relaxer. For the record, I have spent $20 on 1 product, but I have 128oz of product to show for it!

Where are my other frugal sista's? Let's all unite & post PROUDLY about our cheap ole buying habits!

... I know that I can't be the only one /images/graemlins/poke.gif

Many smiles,
Peachtree

I would love to pull all my pennies together and find a product with 128oz. for $20...
What was the Peachtree??? :confused:

moda

azul11 said:
I have found that the more money I spend the more disappointed I am. When I buy inexpensive regular store brand items I get just as good if not better results. I will defintely have to start spending less on hair products. God bless you all.

I am too cheap to even explore the more expensive products, and I have convinced myself the cheapies were just as good w/o exploring. I was a Suave user for years because it was on $1, spending another 3.50 on NTM was a stretch for me. I only bought it once, I think I will buy more when I am out, I am beyond cheap it is hard for me to spend $5 :lol:

cocopuff

I am not necessarily cheap because I do purchase products from natural hair care lines that do cost a pretty penny sometimes. However, the products that I have tried have been worth it for the most part and I feel that I am purchasing quality products that work well on my hair. On the contrary, I do not hesitate to pick up a bottle of Suave Milk and Honey Conditioner or Soft and Beautiful Botanical Creme Moisturizer, which is one of my favorite moisturizers. I continue to buy these products and others that are under $5.00 because they work well, not necessarily for the price.

hottopic

I love VO5...less than a $1 and my hair loves it..I use it as a CW. Other shampoos and conditioners that I need for heavy duty stuff I catch it when they are on sale. My Walmart loves me.....Because they always have sales on conditioners and shampoos..Sometimes they will put stuff in the bargin bin ,that were they put the stuff they are trying to get rid of. Example of a good purchase from the bargin bin was my Elasta Serum, I paid $1.99 for that bad boy. Regular price $6.99. It's out there you just got to look hard...Very hard :sekret:

Porsche19

I'm cheap as hell. Still, I don't see the point in buying something for $20 when you can get somnething better or that works the same as something for $5.

Peachtree

Ashee said:
I would love to pull all my pennies together and find a product with 128oz. for $20...
What was the Peachtree??? :confused:

Lilly of the Desert Aloe Vera Gel... a "must have" for my homemade moisturizer mixes :up: . I bought it from a health food store. (( for the record, it was 128oz for $19.60 :clap: :grin: ))