What's WITH you people?

Neith

lol, I know we are all hair crazy, but what's with you ladies out there?

I'm seeing people saying that they don't have long hair... and it's bra strap length?!?!

Alright, your hair is not SUPER long, but it's long by anyone's standards.

I feel like slapping some sense into ya:fishslap: (joke)

Stop it, with y'all hair anorexic selves!

*Vent Over*

I understand where you are coming from :lachen:

Bra strap and complaining that they have't made it to ankle yet.

i know right you funny- we had a thread on this a little while ago on what is considered long. You would be surprised by the answers. It's all relative -you know?

Girl we are sooo >>>here<<<... When I see someone at BSL, say there hair isn't long i'm like ***** please.... No pity party from me. :nono2: ..I do not feel sorry for you :lachen:

Neith, are you talkin about me :look::grin:? I am admittedly a *wee* bit hair anorexic. At least until I see a picture. I guess I won't consider it long until I've reached my personal goal. I know according to some standards it is long, but like someone else said, it's all relative. That's my answer and I'm sticking to it :laugh:

Neith, are you talkin about me :look::grin:? I am admittedly a *wee* bit hair anorexic. At least until I see a picture. I guess I won't consider it long until I've reached my personal goal. I know according to some standards it is long, but like someone else said, it's all relative. That's my answer and I'm sticking to it :laugh:

I so agree with you especially during a strech. When I see a picture and I see my length I'm surprised because it doesn't FEEL long unless I tilt my head all the way back, lol.

Hmmm, am I big headed enough to believe I have hair anorexia??? My hair is shrunken A LOT so I don't see it as long. Stretched out and in the shower the water weight makes it hang to bra strap lenght but that's the nape and a little above that. I won't consider my hair long until the crown reaches my bra strap. Is that a symptom. I will really consider my hair to be long when my shrunken hair is BSL. I do sometimes think about how I want my hair to grow and my hair was always short of BSL relaxed. Hmmmm, something to ponder...but I'm natural and my hair is shrunken so it won't be long until it reaches BSL shrunken(I keep saying!)...

I don't suffer from hair anorexia yet, but I don't think BSL is long. Especially in this arena when chicks are reaching WL daily! I have a short torso & BSL is gonna be relatively easy for me to achieve as long as I continue to focus on health before length.

Needing attention....maybe some people. But in MY case, I don't feel it's long until it hangs in it's natural state to my bra strap, not straightened to bra strap. When it's all shrunk up, it doesn't feel long, it feels medium length. On the other side of that, I'm thankful to have any hair at all since coming from relaxer shedding which was constant.

OP, I couldn't thank you enough.

I'm not saying people should give up on their goals whether thats MBL,WSL, etc. But when you hear someone complaining about their hair, when they are a length that most dont get, it's like damn. I remember someone complaining that the longest their hair ever got was MBL. I'm like r u serious? And these are women with beautiful hair. I dont get it.

Yes length is relative. Im starting to think I'm the only here who just wants an average length. (APL)

i know right you funny- we had a thread on this a little while ago on what is considered long. You would be surprised by the answers. It's all relative -you know?

Anyone who is really interested in this topic should search for that thread. A lot of the ladies make valid points about why they don't consider their hair long.

OT: Where did you get the wig in ur siggy nomoweavesfome? Its the ish! :yep:

I don't really think my hair is very long....its not long enough for me. I want WL!!!!

Ok - im guilty, guilty, guilty!! but its not just the length, its the fact that i've been the SAME length or shorter for the 15 years since my first cut!!! Just see my siggy - my hair is almost back to the same length it was in Dec 07 (9 months ago) and thats only b/c i havent trimmed since January. If i get a trim now or in Dec 08, i will be right back to that second pic on my siggy :wallbash: That is my hair dilema

Last edited:
Ok - im guilty, guilty, guilty!! but its not just the length, its the fact that i've been the SAME length or shorter for the 15 years since my first cut!!! Just see my siggy - my hair is almost back to the same length it was in Dec 07 (9 months ago) and thats only b/c i havent trimmed since January. If i get a trim now or in Dec 08, i will be right back to that second pic on my siggy :wallbash: That is my hair dilema

I know I told you before, but i would love to have your length. At least you havent been stuck at neck length for 6 years :ohwell:

This is a scary disorder. I would like to believe that BSL would satisfy me for life.

Heck, APL would be a freaking miracle. I can't imagine wanting more!!

To hear that I may not be satisfied at that point? Chilling!!!

Yes, I have a serious problem :nono:

Yeah, Anky you do. When I saw her thread, you were the first person I thought about.

But you know we love you and your "bald-headed" self.

Yall she actually called herself that one time!

Lol I don't have a single friend I know of who is of any other race who does not think BSL and so on is long, so I don't understand why we shouldn't or wouldn't.

Aside from on LHCF, I def know not a single black woman who would disagree.

I REALLY don't understand when I think on how, in general society, much shorter lengths on black women (SL/CBL and APL) are often considered long, since we have to overcome so much miseducation and poor hair practices when it comes to what we have been taught.

Hey - I have not Checked in for a long long time... Um... I know that I have long hair. I just don't let it out often. and I want WL...

Hey, I agree! A long time ago, I used to think that my hair was long until I would see someone else's hair which was 3 inches or more longer:wallbash: Also, they would get all the compliments - I wouldn't get any:nono: Until I reach my personal goal, I will not consider it long either. Neith does have a point tho, but I guess I'm just so discouraged waiting for my personal goal that it does not seem long at all:ohwell: Oh well, if we keep encouraging each other and sticking to our reggies, we'll get there eventually:grin:

This is a scary disorder. I would like to believe that BSL would satisfy me for life.

Heck, APL would be a freaking miracle. I can't imagine wanting more!!

To hear that I may not be satisfied at that point? Chilling!!!

Thats how I feel. Once I get to apl, I will be dancing in the street. To me, apl or longer is long hair.

Back