Have you noticed...?

MissM

That people with short torsos are bra-strap when technically they aren't? I've just looked at two albums of people with "high" bra-straps and looking at them I thought their hair length on me would be a little past shoulder length(I have a long neck and torso). So does that mean that us long torsos have longer hair than we think we do? A few weeks ago I saw a lady, who, delicately put, had no neck (she was a little thick) but her hair, on anyone else would be a little past shoulder length, was bra-strap on her?

Has anyone else noticed this? I don't mean to rain on anyone's hair length but I think my bra-strap would be past bra-strap on someone else with a different torso size.

lisatamika

I think about that sometimes too! My hair would probably be below bra strap on someone more petite but since my torso/back is bigger, it takes more length for me.

I agree with you on this one. When my hair reaches my bra-strap, it maybe inches from waist length for someone who's shorter than I (I'm 5'6'').

flyjump00

I am sure that is the reason I am past the bra strap. When I 1st came to this site I was wondering why people measure that way. It also depends on the bra too. That is why I said in my signature "I am 5'3" with shoes." Very short waisted!

diamondlady

That's why I always describe my hair in inches, not by body parts or clothing. I think it's so much more reliable. 16 inches of hair is 16 inches on everyone.

Ipanema

[ QUOTE ]
MissM said:
That people with short torsos are bra-strap when technically they aren't?

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't say that someone with a short torso isn't "technically" bra-strap. If their hair reaches their bra-strap, then they are bra-strap.

cutebajangirl

I think this is true, it also depends on how their bra fits. A lot of ill fitting bras have the clasp very high on your back. I measure in inches and I do not do from the hairline because I think that is faulty as well. I take a couple of sections from my head and measure from root to tip.

localhost

I have noticed this too, and since I am 5'5", I classify my length as where the it falls according to the widest area of my upper back. This standard length diagram shows it as a few inches below your underarm, and this is what I go by. Also, depending on what bra I'm wearing, my hair *might* fall on the brastrap as some are worn high or low.

moneychaser

I think I am one of those short torso women.

I will have achieved MY goal when my hair touches MY bra-strap, like Ipanema said. Shoot this body of mines may benefit me in reaching waist length someday

I have also started measuring my hair because of this
I might try sweatpea's technique.

Karonica

That's true. What's bra-strap to you is bra-strap to you. Unfortunately, it takes longer for some to get there.

*another reason to be thankful for being 5'4"*

jainygirl

i'm 5'3 so ummm.... i cant relate
but no seriously, i think whenever it reaches whatever is brastrap for THAT person then it's brastrap
ALTHOUGH....i do know what you mean when you mention some brastraps looking kinda high ie: faulty or something
-- jainygirl

diamondlady

I measure by sections. That gives me a lot of information. My hair grows faster in the middle than any where else. It grows faster on the right side than the left. I measure the same sections all the time. I record each section after each relaxer.

aameera83

I understand this because I'm 6'0 tall and it will be like 10 inches until im brastrap but my mom is 5'4 and she only needs 4 inches but we have the same length hair

Isis

[ QUOTE ]
SweetPea said:
I have noticed this too, and since I am 5'5", I classify my length as where the it falls according to the widest area of my upper back. This standard length diagram shows it as a few inches below your underarm, and this is what I go by. Also, depending on what bra I'm wearing, my hair *might* fall on the brastrap as some are worn high or low.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for this diagram SweetPea!

localhost

[ QUOTE ]
Isis said:
[ QUOTE ]
SweetPea said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for this diagram SweetPea!

[/ QUOTE ]

np

moneychaser

[ QUOTE ]
aameera83 said:
I understand this because I'm 6'0 tall and it will be like 10 inches until im brastrap but my mom is 5'4 and she only needs 4 inches but we have the same length hair

[/ QUOTE ]
4 inches shes lucky

sengschick

The Bun Master
Yeah, us tall girls are at a distinct disadvantage when we use such subjective measures. 24" hair would be below "the brastrap" but far from my waist, while 24" puts some people 2" from their waist!

Lindy

[ QUOTE ]
Denali03 said:
I measured my torso (shoulder to waist) and I swear it was only 16 inches, and Im 5'7 ALL LEGS

[/ QUOTE ]

My body is the same way, Denali!! I'm 5'5" but I think I have a short torso too, cuz I'm ALL LEGS... everyone who looks at me says I look at least 5'7", and if I wear a heel over about 2 and a half inches, I look like I'm walking on stilts!!
I'm gonna measure my torso tonight...