at what point would you SAY SOMEONE HAS LONG HAIR?

What do you consider to be "officially" LONG hair? (hair/ends are 100% healthy)

• Shoulder Length

Votes: 44 5.9%
  • Arm Pit Length

Votes: 311 41.7%
  • Bra Strap Length

Votes: 324 43.5%
  • Mid Back Length

Votes: 66 8.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

skegeesmb

BSL is starting to get long to me. But MBL is long to me. As someone who's always had shoulder length hair it does not seem long to me, but it seems long to many people around me though.

Nice & Wavy

I'm APL and this past Tuesday when I got to work, my hair was back curly again. My boss say's to me "Ummm, do you have a twin sister with long hair?"

At first I didn't catch it, and then I said, "oh, so I have long hair?" And he said "Yes, you have very long hair." I was like ":blush::grin:"

I think that SL is long hair:yep:

carib_n_curly

for me BSL is the starting point of long hair

APL medium long

SL medium

NL short medium

depending on how tall you are

i'm less than 2 inches away from BSL
i can't wait to have long hair by my standards
:grin:

Bene

Bald to neck/shoulder length = short
Neck/shoulder length to BSL = medium
BSL to waist = medium long
Waist to classic = long
Classic + = extremely long

taj

I'd voted that BSL is long, overall. However, I do have hair anorexia and sometimes think that MBL is when my hair will be long. My hair is a little past BSL, but I dont consider it to be MBL yet. Everyone else acts like my hair is to the floor, lol. I get weave checked all the time, even by men.

dachsies_rule!

I'd voted that BSL is long, overall. However, I do have hair anorexia and sometimes think that MBL is when my hair will be long. My hair is a little past BSL, but I dont consider it to be MBL yet. Everyone else acts like my hair is to the floor, lol. I get weave checked all the time, even by men.

Cosigning on the bolded...i know exactly how you feel. People tell me my hair is long all the time, but i won't think it's long until it's MBL or WL. I think it's from seeing all this long hair on LHCF, it's makes my hair seem short by comparison.

tkj25

in real life, full apl is the beginning of long hair to me. Especially when the topmost/crown layers are apl, and blunt or layered near the bottom.

EbonyCPrincess

I think full APL - sides and back is long to me. Right now I am APL across the back, but my sides are layered an are at SL so I don't see it as long. By the time I am BSL across the back, hopefully my sides will be APL and then I'll feel "I have arrived"

This is definitely hair board "influenced" - when I first joined these hair boards, I always said APL is long and just KNEW that when I got there, I'd feel i had long hair. SMH

Embyra

i was watching a show with Phillip Kingsley (trichologist) he said 15inches is longhair the woman he was talking about had APL hair

i think for most people APL is classed as long alot people on hair boards arent thinking of hiplength classic even waist length hair

ZkittyKurls

i have to agree with Janet, i used to think APL was long but know i think anything that is past APL is long. mainly because before i used to think that for black women long hair would get as good as APL but now i have seen proof and know that black women hair grows longer than APL , i dont think that way anymore.