What's Permissible in G-dly Marriage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
How in the world can you know that no one is praying about it? Because they haven’t come to the same conclusion as you have? That isn’t right. The intimate acts that take place between husband and wife is not up for the critique or judgments of others. Yes, I understand that you don't like it when we point out that GOD is silent about sex acts in marriage, but HE is. There's no getting around it.

I fervently hope that nothing said in these threads has caused wives who were otherwise happy and fulfilled in their sex lives to now be uncomfortable and distant with their husbands in bed, because that just brings about tension and stress, and none of us needs to be the cause of that. The only person who ever walked the face of this earth free of any and all sexual sin was CHRIST JESUS. Everybody else brings their own attitudes and opinions to the subject. Let's not forget that.

Pebs, thank you for sharing this. :yep: Marriage is tough enough without sexual tensions, so why add to it?

I pray that every wife and wife to be and their husbands will just simply love one another and flow; to take flight far and above every hindrance that would keep them from enjoying the beautiful gifts that they have as man and wife.

Father I pray and ask that you give them each total peace and understanding of one another, to dwell with one another according to knowledge of one another's needs and NOT the needs of those outside.

Bless their sexual love with a passion such as you expressed in Song of Solomon and even more, give them the beauty of the Garden of Eden when Adam 'knew' his wife, Eve. He 'knew' her, meaning every inch, centimeter, crevice, pulse, and surface and even beneath her surface....

She, Eve was HIS wife. He, Adam was HER husband. Husbands and Wives 'explore' one another, as did Adam and Eve. They adored what they discovered about one another; and it was and is meant to be. Eve, afterall was 'Flesh of Adam's Flesh". Does a man not explore that of his own flesh? For God has plainly said, (Gen 2:24-25)

".... and the husband and wife were naked and they were not ashamed."

I pray this for every single man and woman. Explore and Adore! Yes! Explore and Adore each other to the fullest extent of your being.

Be not afraid, nor be dismayed; be not resistant nor embarrassed to explore and to enjoy one another to the fullest degree of measure and beyond.

It's legal! It's NOT sin! For God has given you the license to do just so. Flow with the love that you feel for one another and 'keep' nor hold back, all of what you feel.

Wives....... Love you husbands. You've waited a long time for him; love him and enjoy him and allow no one to put you assunder. Be his Beautiful Help Meet 'beyond' suitable. Give him wonderful adventures to come home to and most of all, Sweet Peace and that 'Sweet Peace' is totally you.

Be happy and be free. You have Jesus on your side. Be happy.

Always,

In Jesus' Name

Amen and Amen :rosebud:

pebbles

I don't care if people agree with me or not but it irks me when folks act like praying is not necessary. We make mistakes, we are not inerrant.
Yes, I express my opinion and you express yours but they are OUR opinions and they differ. You are expressing your opinion just as unyieldingly as I am expressing mine but because mine are opposite it's judging right? Whatever :rolleyes:

Why the attitude? You mean to tell me that as Christian women we can't discuss an issue with out getting heated and rolling eyes? Seriously? The atmosphere here should be different than what we see on the rest of the forums, but if it bothers you that much and you can't discuss it without the attitude then stay out of the discussion and let the rest of us who can be friendly about it talk between us.

Ms.Honey

Why the attitude? You mean to tell me that as Christian women we can't discuss an issue with out getting heated and rolling eyes? Seriously? The atmosphere here should be different than what we see on the rest of the forums, but if it bothers you that much and you can't discuss it without the attitude then stay out of the discussion and let the rest of us who can be friendly about it talk between us.

Ummm, excuse me but you came at me with an attitude when you directed that post towards me. Were you being "friendly"?

Crown

And Jesus answering said unto them, Do ye not therefore err, because ye know not the scriptures, neither the power of God? For when they shall rise from the dead, they neither marry, nor are given in marriage; but are as the angels which are in heaven.(Mark 12:24-25)

We can have sex with no desire to become pregnant and have a baby, a family, but:

*What's the real purpose of sex? A big family on earth for GOD.
So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. And GOD blessed them, and GOD said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion... (Genesis 1:27-28)

*Can we procreate by mouth or anus? NO.

And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation; 17:27 That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us: 17:28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring. 17:29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man’s device. 17:30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent: 17:31 Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead. (Acts 17: 26-31)

aribell

formerly nicola.kirwan
In general, as far as sex between a husband and wife is concerned, I think that the Lord would have us not be legalistic in looking for Him to specifically say "Yes you can do x, y, and z; but no, you can't do z, y, and x;" But he wants us to be "wise and understand what the will of the Lord is." I think it's about discernment and applying general Scriptural principles, even if x act isn't explicitly approved of or forbidden.

In light of that principle, we are all always obligated in however we treat our spouse to in that act be loving them as we love ourselves, to be loving God, and to not be acting lustfully, i.e. using them merely as a means to our physical pleasure. (this is still possible between married people)

I think common sense also plays a part in this. There are certain physical acts that cause physical harm to our bodies, and increase our risk of harm because they are being used in a way that they weren't designed to be used. Maybe the Bible hasn't explicitly forbidden them, but could you imagine coming to Jesus asking Him if it's okay to have sex in a way that damages certain body parts and may prevent certain organs from functioning properly in the future? Would He be okay with that? Probably not.

Overall, I don't think that coming down one way or the other has anything to do with judging another couple, I think it's just about growing in understanding of God's purpose for sex. We talk about and come to conclusions about everything else, why not this too?

Ms.Honey

And Jesus answering said unto them, Do ye not therefore err, because ye know not the scriptures, neither the power of God? For when they shall rise from the dead, they neither marry, nor are given in marriage; but are as the angels which are in heaven.(Mark 12:24-25)

We can have sex with no desire to become pregnant and have a baby, a family, but:

So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. And GOD blessed them, and GOD said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion... (Genesis 1:27-28)

And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation; 17:27 That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us: 17:28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring. 17:29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man’s device. 17:30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent: 17:31 Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead. (Acts 17: 26-31)

Amen.

What is the abomination that occurs between two people of the same sex? Not love and caring we should all do that.

Imagine nude healthy couples, one straight couple, two nude men and two nude women just standing there. Look at the straight couple what do you see? When you look at the gay couples what do you see? The straight couple is equipped to have sexual intercourse but the gay couples? No ability to have intercourse!! So they have to find alternatives to intercourse. THAT is the abomination. The alternative sex. People can not be abominations EVER that's why we can be redeemed. It is the ACTS that are the abomination. When straight couples choose the alternative to sexual intercourse we commit the abomination also.

aribell

formerly nicola.kirwan
Also, to add. I agree with the prayers that no woman leave here with a defiled conscience where her heart was pure before God. We Christians often do one another a disservice in making one another feel guilty about things that the Lord has not condemned because that is what we believe the Lord has said is right.

I don't think the wrong is in saying that something is not right, but is in saying to another Christian that their heart is not right before God. Only God can judge the purity of someone else's heart--we cannot. But we are supposed to be discerning about people's actions. We are supposed to be able to come together and figure out the Lord's mind about a particular thing. I think the quality of our fellowship with one another as believers depends on how deeply we are willing to engage and even challenge one another.

Ms.Honey

Also, to add. I agree with the prayers that no woman leave here with a defiled conscience where her heart was pure before God. We Christians often do one another a disservice in making one another feel guilty about things that the Lord has not condemned because that is what we believe the Lord has said is right.

I don't think the wrong is in saying that something is not right, but is in saying to another Christian that their heart is not right before God. Only God can judge the purity of someone else's heart--we cannot. But we are supposed to be discerning about people's actions. We are supposed to be able to come together and figure out the Lord's mind about a particular thing. I think the quality of our fellowship with one another as believers depends on how deeply we are willing to engage and even challenge one another.

But hon, we have selective memory in the Christian forum. We have members who have straight up bashed one of the lesbian Christian sisters in the Christian forum because of her sexual beliefs and wasn't one bit concerned about her heart or speaking the truth in love and accused her of knowing she was wrong and was trying to get over. There was no, "We all have our own interpretation blah, blah, blah but pray cuz Jesus ain't tell you thats taking place. The sister didn't see where it was written that gays can't get married (and it isn't) and believes that in a gay marriage it would be ok to have oral or anal sex. Now the same arguments for it in straights can be made for it in gay marriages if marriage beds are undefiled but......

GV-NA-GI-TLV-GE-I

)

What I'm thinking is that if the seed is spilled outside of the vaginal canal, then it doesn't lend itself to procreation. If it's used as a method of arousal, then the seed is spilled vaginally, that's procreation. By itself, oral sex becomes masturbatory only.

aribell

formerly nicola.kirwan
But hon, we have selective memory in the Christian forum. We have members who have straight up bashed one of the lesbian Christian sisters in the Christian forum because of her sexual beliefs and wasn't one bit concerned about her heart or speaking the truth in love and accused her of knowing she was wrong and was trying to get over. There was no, "We all have our own interpretation blah, blah, blah but pray cuz Jesus ain't tell you thats taking place. The sister didn't see where it was written that gays can't get married (and it isn't) and believes that in a gay marriage it would be ok to have oral or anal sex. Now the same arguments for it in straights can be made for it in gay marriages if marriage beds are undefiled but......

True...A Christian writer and theologian whom I respect, when dealing with questions about homosexuality, aside from the clear biblical arguments, also talks a lot about the fact that anal sex in particular cannot achieve the procreative purpose sex was clearly designed to achieve; and moreover that it can be physically harmful for the men involved. It would seem that if Christians embrace that act as a valid expression of sexuality, then we also lose the ability to tell homosexuals (men) that their expression of sexuality does not achieve the clear end that God designed in giving "matching" parts to men and women. If it's all kosher, then I think the homosexual community would have every reason to come back and ask what difference it makes whether it's a man-man, woman-woman union, or a man-woman union.

Don't know about oral sex. Similar arguments could be made, but then I think that, say, kissing doesn't achieve any procreative purpose or any purpose that has to do with eating, speaking, or breathing, which is what the mouth was designed for. So I'm not sure how far that argument can go.

msa

... They are happy; as long as they have a threesome with Jesus and no one else, it's ordained. It's between them and the Lord...

:lol: This is what I don't get; just how hard is it to have sex?

Did something change that we don't know about? The man has his parts, the woman has all of hers and ............................................... they know what to do all on their own (the anatomy does); it's not rocket science.

Just do it! :yep::yep::yep::yep::yep::yep::yep::yep::yep:

If the parts don't fit then quit! :happydance:

Amen.

Shimmie, you are hilarious. And so common sense. I love it.

Amen.

What is the abomination that occurs between two people of the same sex? Not love and caring we should all do that.

Imagine nude healthy couples, one straight couple, two nude men and two nude women just standing there. Look at the straight couple what do you see? When you look at the gay couples what do you see? The straight couple is equipped to have sexual intercourse but the gay couples? No ability to have intercourse!! So they have to find alternatives to intercourse. THAT is the abomination. The alternative sex. People can not be abominations EVER that's why we can be redeemed. It is the ACTS that are the abomination. When straight couples choose the alternative to sexual intercourse we commit the abomination also.

I am nowhere near clear about where I stand on this, but this was a very helpful post for me. Thanks!

Shimmie

Staff member

Just in case I'm the 'sister' in topic here....... :lol: (I probably am). :rolleyes:

What happen was the 'gay person' in question was mis-quoting scripture to Biblically justifly homosexuality; disparaging selected relationships in the Bible to 'fit her cause'.

AND I told her not to do it.! It was wrong. God did not deserve it. I also said it in much love.

I hate to tell you this, but a husband and wife who are having 'oral' sex are still going to have oral sex if they enjoy it. Futher, they are not going to hell for it.

And you know what? I truly say all of this in love. :giveheart:

Just because we don't agree with it, isn't going to stop it. There's nothing based upon our sacred scriptures to stop it, HOWEVER there is evidence of it in the Song of Solomon.

Let the married folks do what they do. It's none of our business anyway. You can't preach sex out of anyone. It's embossed, imprinted, tatooed, engraved; it's permanent. Let the married folks be. Too many noses in one bed ain't healthy.

Shimmie

Staff member
True...A Christian writer and theologian whom I respect, when dealing with questions about homosexuality, aside from the clear biblical arguments, also talks a lot about the fact that anal sex in particular cannot achieve the procreative purpose sex was clearly designed to achieve; and moreover that it can be physically harmful for the men involved. It would seem that if Christians embrace that act as a valid expression of sexuality, then we also lose the ability to tell homosexuals (men) that their expression of sexuality does not achieve the clear end that God designed in giving "matching" parts to men and women. If it's all kosher, then I think the homosexual community would have every reason to come back and ask what difference it makes whether it's a man-man, woman-woman union, or a man-woman union.

Don't know about oral sex. Similar arguments could be made, but then I think that, say,

kissing doesn't achieve any procreative purpose or any purpose that has to do with eating, speaking, or breathing, which is what the mouth was designed for. So I'm not sure how far that argument can go.
:clapping:

You know what? This has made more sense than any other 'arguement' about oral sex, that I've ever heard.

:notworthy:

Ms.Honey

Just in case I'm the 'sister' in topic here....... :lol: (I probably am). :rolleyes:

What happen was the 'gay person' in question was mis-quoting scripture to Biblically justifly homosexuality; disparaging selected relationships in the Bible to 'fit her cause'.

AND I told her not to do it.! It was wrong. God did not deserve it. I also said it in much love.

I hate to tell you this, but a husband and wife who are having 'oral' sex are still going to have oral sex if they enjoy it. Futher, they are not going to hell for it.

And you know what? I truly say all of this in love. :giveheart:

Just because we don't agree with it, isn't going to stop it. There's nothing based upon our sacred scriptures to stop it, HOWEVER there is evidence of it in the Song of Solomon.

Let the married folks do what they do. It's none of our business anyway. You can't preach sex out of anyone. It's embossed, imprinted, tatooed, engraved; it's permanent. Let the married folks be. Too many noses in one bed ain't healthy.

You weren't the only one so I didn't say your name:grin:

She was going by her personal beliefs and what she believed the scripture meant. She wasn't misquoting she misinterpreted but direct prayer is the way to the truth.

This is what she truly believes in her heart and mind. If we say she's wrong and turn around and say we're right then that's not right. We say one's interpretation is wrong with no problem but when it comes to what WE want to do we are free to interpret as we please. We can't preach homosexual sex or premarital sex out of anyone either but we sho nuff try up in here.

Ms.Honey

Don't know about oral sex. Similar arguments could be made, but then I think that, say, kissing doesn't achieve any procreative purpose or any purpose that has to do with eating, speaking, or breathing, which is what the mouth was designed for. So I'm not sure how far that argument can go.

Well, actually kissing is all through the bible as a show of affection and to great one another. I think someone even tallks about a holy kiss. Jesus accepted Judas' kiss so the mouth is not only for eating, speaking or breathing but kissing also biblically speaking.

Last edited:

PaperClip

:look:The Bible does say::grin:

Romans 16:16: Salute one another with an holy kiss. The churches of Christ salute you.

1 Corinthians 16:20: All the brethren greet you. Greet ye one another with an holy kiss.

2 Corinthians 13:12: Greet one another with an holy kiss.

1 Thessalonians 5:26: Greet all the brethren with an holy kiss.

:giggle:

As far as I'm concerned, Hebrews 13:4 covers this topic: "Let marriage be held in honor (esteemed worthy, precious, of great price, and especially dear) in all things. And thus let the marriage bed be undefiled (kept undishonored); for God will judge and punish the unchaste [all guilty of sexual vice] and adulterous." (Amplified)

Shimmie said it about staying out of married folks' marriage beds.... They have to answer to the Lord about their sexual activities.... And the Song of Solomon is quite the love/sex story....

Mortons

Well I see I was brought up in here, so it would only be right for me to make an appearance.

I will be lurking and watching someone digging a grave and burying their previous points from my thread.

GV-NA-GI-TLV-GE-I

About praying for an answer:

If that is what one is supposed to do, then it's a communication between that person and G-d. Oral and anal sex that are not homosexually expressed aren't mentioned in scripture concerning marriage. As far as defilement, there is no consensus regarding the marital bed. Who's to say that for x person, G-d didn't tell yes whereas to person z, He did? If it's truly up to each person to discern, another cannot do that for you. It's not as clearcut as the 10 Commandments.

Shimmie

Staff member
If we don't watch it, folks lurkin are gonna think Christians never 'did it' in order to know what to do wit' it'...

I'm just sayin'.... :rolleyes:

The above was written invisable to those who oppose .... Christians having oral sex. :yep:

Ms.Honey

If we don't watch it, folks lurkin are gonna think Christians never 'did it' in order to know what to do wit' it'...

I'm just sayin'.... :rolleyes:

The above was written invisable to those who oppose .... Christians having oral sex. :yep:

Girl, don't nobody but Christians think Christians were born saved :grin: We're the ones that act like folks don't know what they're talking about because they don't participate in certain sexual acts :lachen:

FluffyRed

How does anyone interpret Song of Solomon?

...A bundle of myrrh is my well-beloved unto me; he shall lie all night betwixt my breasts.
...Thy lips, O my spouse, drop as the honeycomb: honey and milk are under thy tongue; and the smell of thy garments is like the smell of Lebanon.
...Awake, O north wind; and come, thou south; blow upon my garden, that the spices thereof may flow out. Let my beloved come into his garden, and eat his pleasant fruits.
...Thy lips, O my spouse, drop as the honeycomb: honey and milk are under thy tongue; and the smell of thy garments is like the smell of Lebanon.
...My beloved put in his hand by the hole of the door, and my bowels were moved for him.
...My beloved is gone down into his garden, to the beds of spices, to feed in the gardens, and to gather lilies.
I am my beloved's, and my beloved is mine: he feedeth among the lilies.
I went down into the garden of nuts to see the fruits of the valley, and to see whether the vine flourished and the pomegranates budded.

Ms.Honey

1Ki 11:3

And he had seven hundred wives, princesses, and three hundred concubines: and his wives turned away his heart.

Solomon had a sex problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.