What to look for in a conditioner for a co-wash

Matty4eva

I mean ingredients wise.I have dry TWA. I was looking for a conditioner that will repair damage, moisturize and strengthen my hair. I was also wondering how I can co wash in a way to make my hair feel clean. I've done co-washes before but my hair has never really felt clean. And also I was wondering if there were any suggestions for conditioners that might fit this criteria. I live in England btw so some of the suggestions may not be available here but you can suggest them anyway

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I would look for something 'natural' and without cones which prevents build up and blocks moisture from getting in.

Something natural should make your hair feel hydrated and moisturized and will keep build up at bay.

Especially this time of year as the weather starts to dip and you're using more Butters, Cremes & Oils.

Ogoma

Cheap with slip.

EDTA if you have hard water is nice.

I like behentrimonium methosulfate (if possible at a reasonable price) and cetrimonium chloride.

Some UK options:
- Tresemme Naturals
- Desert Essence Coconut Conditioner (cheap shipping on vitacost)
- Herbal Essences (It has a modified cone that doesn't build up, but you would need to clarify monthly)
- Aussie Moist

Last edited:

virtuenow

Aubrey organics GPB without a doubt meets all this criteria. It's awesome. I DC w/it once a week (on dry/damp hair); and I co wash w/it but always wash my scalp only w/long nozzle color applicator bottle filled w/water and few squirts shampoo.

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
Eden Body Works Coconut Shea Cleansing CoWash is a wonderful product for cowashing.

You can get it at Sallys.
If you do, I would recommend transferring it into an applicator bottle.

kxlot79

Kitchen Mixtress
I like to cowash with cool water. When the water is very warm/hot, it can be difficult to tell when your hair is properly clean because the oils/buildup will be softer, slippery etc. When you use cooler water, you can feel the hardness/difference of the unwanted buildup more easily on your hair.
For product rec: what about rhassoul clay? Either mixed with a little ACV and coconut oil or by itself or as an ingredient in another product...
HTHs! :)