Conditioner choices for co-washes....

blackbarbie

Was wondering what have been some of your faves for co-washes. Something that has really good slip and not that expensive (since you go through so much of it)......

I plan to work co-washes into my routine and would like some suggestions because I know all conditioners are not created equal!

aquarian1252004

VO5 Conditioners are extremely cheap and are a staple of mine. I have so many different ones Apple, Pear Mango, Blue Berries & Cream, Strawberries & Cream, Peach, Hydrate, etc. I think I have at least ten in my bathroom cabinet. I also like DDTA (Daily Defense Tender Apple) but it is kind of hard to find. Anywho, any of these conditioners are great for CON washing IMO.

NewYorkgyrl

I am still searching for that "perfect" conditioner as well. Suave and Vo5 and Garnier work once in a while (for me at least). Right now I am 3 months post relaxer and NOTHING is working.

Victorian

old head
Your conditioner choice is everything, when it comes to con washes, IMO. I find that because I con wash just about every day, the cons that have worked best for me have a good balance of moisture and strength. Thus while my favorite moisturizing con that is good for some con washes and great for regular conditioning is Jason Sea Kelp, when it comes to using the same con everyday for an extended period of time, I prefer Jason Biotin con. I also got really good results in the "balance" area from Giovanni 50:50 con, but the Jason costs half the price per oz, so I tend to stick with Jason.

Queenie

I am using a gallon jug of Honey & Almond from Sally's and before that the gallon jug of just moisturing conditioner.

CLASSYEBONYGIRL

Anyone that says moisturizing, clarifys or that promises shiny hair

Suave Conditioners
Vo5 Conditioners
White Rain Conditioners
Garnier Fructus
Herbal Essence
Tresemme
Pantene Hydrating curls

Last edited:

onepraying

Healthy Hair Quest..
Divine Inspiration said:
DDTA!!!!!!! It's the best EVER...Neutrogena DDC is also good for CO washes.

ITA!!! Also, Sally's Nexxus Humectress, talk about soft like butter!!!

OT: lauren450, if that is you in the siggy with the baby, you have massive amounts of gorgeous hair!! :grin:

NewYorkgyrl

I can't find DDTA ANYWHERE!!!!!!! (I sooo want this product). I have looked in alot of places. I am in Philly right now. Ladies what should I do? There is no Big Lots around here and NONE of the Family Dollars I went to (5 of them) sell it.

HoneyDew

Kenra Platinum for Thick/Coarse hair or the Kenra Emollient Conditioner.

All the Suave/VO5 stuff tangles my hair up like crazy! My hair just laughs at Nexxus products.

CON is good too, but I like the smell of Kenra better.

SouthernGirl

Great thread! :up:

In the past I've used Suave Milk and Honey and it worked great.

Since I've been co-washing consistently for the past 3 months, I've been using Mane N Tail and I love it. Keeps my hair healthy and strong!

SG

carameldiva

Queenie said:
I am using a gallon jug of Honey & Almond from Sally's and before that the gallon jug of just moisturing conditioner.

I am co-signing on what queenie said- i have all of the flavors and varieties that my local sally's carries.

blackbarbie

A lot of good suggestions; thanks ladies! Ran to the Dollar Tree on my lunch and saw all the VO5's that everyone mentions; picked up a few of those. They smelled really good. Saw the Suave Milk and Honey too, but it was a regular size bottle whereas the V05's had extra (heck for $1 I really could have gotten it huh?) Also went to Sally's and they had the Mane n Tail, buy 1 get one free so i bought the shampoo and got the conditioner free.

I am at 10 weeks post and plan to stretch all the way out to Christmas and hope to achieve this goal with the help of CW's so I wanted to be sure that I had some good help along the way. While I know everything doesn't work the same on everybody's hair, I sure hope they work well for mine!! I always find good stuff at Big Lot's so I will be going there after work......

Thanks again and keep the ideas coming!

Last edited:

Nita81

lauren450 said:
I use Suave Milk & Honey. I'm going to get some MNT today and try that. I'll let you know how it goes.

I can't see your album....it says password expired:(

My favorite conditioners are Miss Key's 10 en 1 mixed w/ Silicon mix and Capilo Honey&Milk.

blackbarbie

Oh, I forgot to add, if you don't mind, can you post some of your "misses" for co-washes? As I mentioned, all conditioners are not created equal, so what may be a "miss" for one person may be a "hit" for another, but it would be good to know so we don't have any surprises.....

KathyMay

for my cw I rotate between Sedal Anti Sponge, DDTA and V05 Strawberries and Cream. I use NTM hair mask or Silicon Mix as my deep con which I do once a week.

Southernbella.

Nita81 said:
I can't see your album....it says password expired:(

My favorite conditioners are Miss Key's 10 en 1 mixed w/ Silicon mix and Capilo Honey&Milk.

I think I fixed it. I don't know what happened!

Oh, the MNT worked great on my hair. I also went to Sally and got the B1G1 free deal. I think MNT might just be my favorite now!

brownsugar9999

lauren450 said:
I think I fixed it. I don't know what happened!

Oh, the MNT worked great on my hair. I also went to Sally and got the B1G1 free deal. I think MNT might just be my favorite now!

B1G1? For how long? When...how...where?????? OH GOSH (*having a break down* Can't breathe........* (PJ rears it's ugly head!!!!!!:eek: )

Last edited: